Please pray for me and my new fiance!

song_of_serenity

My fiance just proposed last week...since then, the devil has been busy...that day at work, my sister in Christ said "I feel in my spirit you are discouraged." I told her that yeah, I was so worried about finances. She told me God is a provider and we are HIS children, the world is his. Which I knew of course, ;) but it felt so good to hear that. We sat outside and prayed. That night, my fiance called and said he lost his job...:nono: And just like that it seemed this was to be paid, that was to be paid. I felt so overwhelmed and discouraged...worried about my future...wish he was making big figures so it wouldn't feel like things were hard to deal with...And that is SO not me, I'm so content with what I'm given...It wasn't his fault at all but he was let go. Since then, I've been so down in spirit, worrying about the future, finances, etc. I even started feeling a bit resentful to him. And mad at myself for feeling that way.

I'm asking you sisters to please keep us in prayer, that God will pour out a blessing on us and please remove this feeling from within me towards him. I know the tricks of the enemy, I feel so bad for letting myself slip this way. Thank you so, so much.
~*Janelle~*

Last edited:

MizzBrown

Lemme go grab my dusty bible so i can find some words for you too! LOL

You gonna be alright! If I'm gonna be alright then you gonna be alright!

:pray: and keep ya head up!

Butterfly08

My fiance just proposed last week...since then, the devil has been busy...that day at work, my sister in Christ said "I feel in my spirit you are discouraged." I told her that yeah, I was so worried about finances. She told me God is a provider and we are HIS children, the world is his. Which I knew of course, ;) but it felt so good to hear that. We sat outside and prayed. That night, my fiance called and said he lost his job...:nono: And just like that it seemed this was to be paid, that was to be paid. I felt so overwhelmed and discouraged...worried about my future...wish he was making big figures so it wouldn't feel like things were hard to deal with...And that is SO not me, I'm so content with what I'm given...It wasn't his fault at all but he was let go. Since then, I've been so down in spirit, worrying about the future, finances, etc. I even started feeling a bit resentful to him. And mad at myself for feeling that way.

I'm asking you sisters to please keep us in prayer, that God will pour out a blessing on us and please remove this feeling from within me towards him. I know the tricks of the enemy, I feel so bad for letting myself slip this way. Thank you so, so much.
~*Janelle~*

I will definitely pray for you and your fiance. It may not seem like it right now, but EVERYTHING will work out in your favor. :yep:

This may be a strange opinion, but I'll post it anyway. Throughout the course of marriage you and your husband will face many obstacles. Losing a job is traumatic and scary, especially for a man who feels the weight of supporting his family on his shoulders. Ask God to give you wisdom in how best to support your fiance, but also take a look at how your fiance handles this situation. Does he worry, fret and do nothing productive? Does he sulk, pout and blame his former employer? Or does he find any job to pay the bills while he rigorously looks for a better paying job in his field? You can learn a whole lot about a person by observing how they face adversity. :yep: That is when true character is tested.

Me and dh have been through financial troubles before, and like I said, you will get through it with prayer, faith, hard work and common sense. This is an opportunity to learn about each other and to grow closer to each other in the process. HUGS!

NGraceO

You will DEFINETLY be in my prayers. Marriage is one the most beautiful gifts from God in this world, so its easy to see why Satan is attacking you so heavily. However, we WILL stand on the fact the DEVIL IS A LIAR!!! You will be fine by God's grace if this is His will for your life, trust:)

song_of_serenity

I will definitely pray for you and your fiance. It may not seem like it right now, but EVERYTHING will work out in your favor. :yep:

This may be a strange opinion, but I'll post it anyway. Throughout the course of marriage you and your husband will face many obstacles. Losing a job is traumatic and scary, especially for a man who feels the weight of supporting his family on his shoulders. Ask God to give you wisdom in how best to support your fiance, but also take a look at how your fiance handles this situation. Does he worry, fret and do nothing productive? Does he sulk, pout and blame his former employer? Or does he find any job to pay the bills while he rigorously looks for a better paying job in his field? You can learn a whole lot about a person by observing how they face adversity. :yep: That is when true character is tested.

Me and dh have been through financial troubles before, and like I said, you will get through it with prayer, faith, hard work and common sense. This is an opportunity to learn about each other and to grow closer to each other in the process. HUGS!
One of the things I love about him is how on the go he is. Go, go, go. He LOVES working. He actually hasn't been discouraged and keeps uplifting me saying God will work it out and here I am sulking.:nono: He's been looking for a job day in and out, Craigslisting, hoofing it, subway...he may have found something!

My spirits are really lifted today, thanks to those who prayed for our situation. I know it is nothing but the devil trying to steal out joy and marriage will have ups and downs...for better or worse...this may be but a test. I'm grateful for him dealing with me and my moodiness and so glad we have a God that doesn't strike down like He did in the O.T! :lachen: Please continue to keep us in your prayers. God is so good and I am blessed beyond measure. Today just...my soul feels refreshed. Took my eye off the situation and put it on God. He is so, so GOOD! I'm so ashamed to have let myself get so affected. It's like I forgot WHAT God I serve. He has everything in His hands and all is his. I'm so glad. Thank you ladies again.
~*Janelle~*

I'm so glad you are feeling better. God has a better plan for your future hubby. I was in that situation before with my husband and lo and behold a much better job was waiting in the wings for him. He would have never been gotten this better job if he hadn't lost his old one. God has it all under control!

jturner7156

This was some excellent advice and obviously your fiance is handling the situation well. There is a scripture that says...(Romans 8:28)"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose.

metamorfhosis

Song-

Congratulations on your engagement. :grin: And he's a man of GOD! You are so blessed.

I have prayed for you and your fiance. I am hoping that he finds an even better opportunity and that your financial situation will improve all for the glory of GOD.

Irresistible

~*Janelle~*

you know how he does, he closes doors , stretches you in your faith, makes you trust him minute by minute for your daily bread, so you can know him in a new way, then he opens a new better bigger door. then you had the test , so that you can have the testimony. He is just working things out , and taking you guys to a new level. I know that it still not easy! Tests arent supposed to be! But with faith you pass with flying colors every time. might have to feed your faith regularly to starve your doubts but he is able! The fire is hot but you come like the Gold he wants you to be!