POLL!: Styling After CWing, please add feedback for newbies...

How do you style to look presentable after conditioner washing?

• Ponytail Method/ Rollerset

Votes: 33 31.4%
  • Buns

Votes: 33 31.4%
  • Baggie Method

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • Bantu Knots

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 39 37.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

metalkitty

Hi, everyone, I hope this gets to be a good informative post! I know this is probably a question that plagues many newbies to CWs: How do I style my hair after a conditioner wash?
While my hair loves CWing and C- COW- Cing, It probably doesn't love me sitting under the hooded dryer for a sorry attempt of a ponytail rollerset. I would keep blow drying on cool, but my blow dryer broke. It totally elliminates the purpose of doing one, in my opinion.
So spill it everyone, what do you specifically do afterwards to look presentable after washing? TIA!
ETA: I voted for the ponytail technique.

Last edited:

moda

I always allow my hair to airdry. The styles I have done after cw are spiral set, straw set, twists/twistout, braidout, wash n go, and a bun. I have done bantu knots and pin curls but I normally need the whole weekend to dry :ohwell:

Last edited:

ChangedByAdmin8

metalkitty said:
Hi, everyone, I hope this gets to be a good informative post! I know this is probably a question that plagues many newbies to CWs: How do I style my hair after a conditioner wash?
While my hair loves CWing and C- COW- Cing, It probably doesn't love me sitting under the hooded dryer for a sorry attempt of a ponytail rollerset. I would keep blow drying on cool, but my blow dryer broke. It totally elliminates the purpose of doing one, in my opinion.
So spill it everyone, what do you specifically do afterwards to look presentable after washing? TIA!
ETA: I voted for the ponytail technique.[/[email protected]]Thanks to the wonderful women on this website, I now cw my hair (proud to say) at least 2-3 times a week, and rollerset my hair. Can someone tell me about the airdry ponytail method, and baggie technique please and thank you. :confused:

KEIONI'S MOM

I CW all weekend. It was way to hot to do anything else. I did the ponytail method it is easy for me to maintain but I also airdry if I don't have anywhere to go. HTH

luvSLave

Dpends on how much time I have. If its the weekend, I'll rollerset and sit under the dryer. If its a weeknight, I'll do sylver's scarf method and sit under the dryer for about 15 minutes just so my hair isn't sopping. Before bed I'll put my hair in 2 plaits and put my silk scarf back on. In the morning I bun, which is cute becasue the hair that's twisted around has some texture from the braids. The hair is still damp, BTW.

IvyMichael

If I'm in a hurry(and I don't need to look professional), I part my hair down the middle, put in some NTM silk touch and put my hair in low pigtails w/or without the ends braided. My hair air dries and has some texture at the ends because of the braids but my roots (incl. new growth) usually come out pretty straight.

L

lkg4healthyhair

At home I CW then put hair in a ponytail with a scrunci then put one large roller on the hair in the ponytail (now using mesh roller), and then put on a silk scarf (I leave the roller exposed).

In the morning I add a little NTM leave-in then either do a ballet bun or french roll in the am.

Tracy

I wash and go...

I CW, add leave in, add serum and 2 gels and tie my edges with a scarf. It takes about 2 hours to dry completely and then I'm good to go!

keylargo

If I'm washing at night, I let my hair partially airdry and then put it in two braids. In the morning, I bun it. I can't bun at night because I can't sleep in buns.

If I'm washing during the day, I let it partially airdry and then put it in a bun or two low buns.

ChangedByAdmin8

metalkitty said:
ETA: I voted for the ponytail technique.[/[email protected]]
Hi Everyone:

I love my conditioner washes, and rollersets!! I have 2a hair so when I give myself a rollerset, I don't require any heat (which is a good thing)!!! I use the Nexxus Vitatress products such as the Biotin Cream, Cystine treament and a leave-in biotin conditioner that is not heavy on my hair. I also have as a staple (for my rollersets) Mizani conditioning style lotion, and Mizani Defining Hair Gel (but it is not a gel, its more like moisterizer with a brain, It holds my curls with little frizz and it makes a great shine. I have aquired so much knowledge from this website it is unbelivable. I also purchased the Hype Hair satin rollers (still learning how to use the right size). Since using the no heat regimen I have new growth, my hair is much stronger while wet, and there is less shedding and I am post-relaxer 7 weeks and aiming for 15 weeks top!!!

Again ladies thank you for everything!! I am so excited about growing my hair !!! :) :) :)

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
When I do my weekly COW-W, or my twice a week CW, I apply my conditioner as a leave-in, grease or Pantene R&N Cream Oil Moisturizer, Vive Anti-Frizz serum and pull my hair in a ponytail. On the ends, I put a bit of Healthy Ends to prevent split ends from forming. Afterwards, I just twist braid my ponytail to air dry. I haven't tried the one roller for the ponytail yet. I'll try it with 2 ponytails tonight.

BC

Victorian

old head
wash n go for me. Shake water out of my head, and if I'm going somewhere I'll tie on a scarf or put on a headband. If not, then I just let it dry into a coily 'fro.

Sweet_Ambrosia

Ponytail rollerset method most of the time and a bun every now & then. I may try a wash n go sooner or later to see how that works. :)

lovelymissyoli

After condition washing I normally do some type of wet set like flexi rods, perm rods, or straw sets. Also, I've experimented with braidouts, which are really helpful when I don't want to style my hair!

Cichelle

After I CW, I put my hair in whatever style I want while it is very wet and then airdry, without touching it. I sometimes wear half of it up, or put it in a little pony puff and sometimes I just let it be and do the "wash and go". I haven't been doing twistouts too much lately. But I like them.

Jewell

Most of the time I tie a satin scarf around the front to lay the edges down and let the back hang down. I will usually wear my hair down to air dry. But I do wear a braided bun with a scrunchie to secure it. I don't have time or patience for rollersets. I like to do braidouts too (4 braids...2 in front, 2 in back).

kombov_dymond

I usually let my hair drip dry, then I apply my oils and put it up in a high pony. I wrap it with a silk scarf and then in the AM, I bun it. If I'm in a good mood, I'll twist my hair for a twist-out.

metalkitty

Thanks for the wave of new responses, ladies ;) . Nowadays, I simply fixed my problem of being tempted by heat by just washing at night and doing the stretched ponytail method and slapping on a scarf overnight. The results are nicer than if I used heat, too :look: .

Mestiza

I airdry my hair. Usually, I'll put it in a bun and other times, just hanging straight down or in a ponytail.