possible la india alternative

SqrpioQutie

i wrote to sams to ask if they had access to ordering the la india... they weren't aware of the product but suggested madina indian hemp pomade (here's a link http://varietyaplus.com/shopnow/pro..._id=1&osCsid=074e00f2c9ced17cc00e70ed418c5895 but i wrote back to ask if i could order it from them - sams - since i've had great ordering experiences with them)... i know that there has been some indian hemp product use on the board, but has anyone used this particular brand? Do you think it might be a viable alternative to la india? i'm still looking for an ingredient listing...

ETA: here's the link to sams to order it if you're interested --> http://www.sams247.com/detail.aspx?ID=15296

Last edited:

Blaque*Angel

SqrpioQutie said:
bumping... nobody has any opinion on this??? :look:

ingredients are different, it doesnt have the qunine (sp) like la india.:)

heres ingredients for you:

Moisturizing Formula with Vitamin E Natural Blendings; Indian Hemp (leaf), Wheat Germ Oil, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Pilocarpus, Penatifolius (Jaborandi), Panthanol, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E), Acetate, Yellow # 11(C1 47000), Green #6, Fragrance (Perfume).

it has some good s tuff but some peeps are scared of mineral oil and petrolatum.........:)

SqrpioQutie

wantlonghealthyhair said:
ingredients are different, it doesnt have the qunine (sp) like la india.:)

it has some good s tuff but some peeps are scared of mineral oil and petrolatum.........:)

hmm... ok.. i'm still debating on whether i'm going to try it or not... i'm hoping that the indian hemp would work as well as the quinine...

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Wow, sounds interesting. If my la india creme prices keep going up, I'm going to have to try this stuff.:lol:

Candy_C

RachiQue said:
quinine?? isnt that the stuff thats in tonic water??? blurgh!!!

is it?????? i was told its sulfur deriritive

hmmm

its medication for ppl with back pains

MrsBKJ

Candy_C said:
is it?????? i was told its sulfur deriritive

hmmm

its medication for ppl with back pains

Hey it has a lot of medicinal purposes such as curing fever and even being used as a contraceptive...ermm.....
but anyway heres a bit of info...you can loads on the web.

Quinine is the main ingredient in tonic water, which is used to mix many different alcoholic drinks. It is the flavor that gives tonic water that bitter taste. About half of the total amount of harvested quinine from the cinchona bark is used towards tonic water and quinine water. Because quinine is so bitter, tonic water contains somewhere between 100 to 300 parts per million quinine, or a maximum concentration of 70 mg of quinine per liter of tonic water.

Uzz