Spinoff: Thread by Candie-C...La Miracle Creme @ The West Indian Store

LaNecia

Following up for the San Diego Ladies, I went to the Carribean Market and they didn't have this or any other dominican products. When I asked the lady if there was a store locally where I could purchase dominican products, I SWEAR she squinted her eyes at me as she shook her head no....

Oh well.

morehairplease

LuvLiLocks said:
Sure Tishee, I'm going by there this weekend so let me know if you find it, you can just pm me. Oh and by the way, my jar is regular 8oz. size, and I paid $3.39 for it :yep:

thanks SO much LuvLiLocks....I won't get a chance to go out this weekend(there's sleet on the roads):( :(

SqrpioQutie

ok... i checked the west indian store like 3 days ago (online) and the first price listed was 5.99 then when you clicked on it, it was 6.99.... now i clicked on it finally resolved to order it and it's now 8.99.. yet still 5.99 on the main page?... what gives?

Candy_C

Re: I'm curious

PhonyBaloney500 said:
So what about the stuff increases hair growth? I don't see anything particularly special in the ingredients (and petrolatum is supposed to be "bad" lol)...

Quinine sulphate and olive oil r in the list!!

these r good ingredients for hair growth

quinine sulphate is a sulfur deriritive

Taya

SqrpioQutie said:
ok... i checked the west indian store like 3 days ago (online) and the first price listed was 5.99 then when you clicked on it, it was 6.99.... now i clicked on it finally resolved to order it and it's now 8.99.. yet still 5.99 on the main page?... what gives?
yeah i noticed that too. when it was mentioned that alot of ladies from a forum were interested in it then they all of a sudden decided they'll jack up the price, what a rip off. I'm one of the worst PJ's and as much as i'd like to have that creme for my daughters hair i'm seriously thinking of not buying it.since they are being low down. unless i can find it somewhere else. which i know may be impossible.this is just my feelings for right now. but like i said I'm the worst PJ and may not be able to resist although they are running a price scam (LOL) that's pityful i know.

kreeme

Okay, so has anyone actually tried it on their hair yet? I'm anxious to know how it feels and all of that good stuff. I may venture back out to another BSS store today when it stops raining to see if I can find it. I woke up this morning thinking about this stuff. Hmmm...maybe we got an Indian store around the ATL somewhere :scratchch

so1913

SqrpioQutie said:

That's real messed up....this is what makes you not want to do business with...certain people.

You know what, I say we call them out on it via email. We know what's up. I hate being taken blatantly advantage of....wow, $9.00 for a jar of petroleum...they know they are wrong for that! I understand prices go up...but a jar of grease going up by $2 in a week??? And $3 over what it originally must have been (they still have $5.99 on the main page) Yeah, we are being set up. Unfortunately there isn't many options to purchase, but I wouldn't do business with the company if this is what they are about...

So any fellow members with access to the product may want to speak now and make a few extra dollars by helping out some fellow members, because I'd rather give my hard earned money to one of you than a company blatantly trying to rip us off. I know it's business and the idea is to profit, BUT, there is a smart way to do it and that's by drawing in customers with good prices and service. I'm sure the business we gave them at the price they originally were selling it for has increased their profits significantly as it was. Why be greedy? That's when you set yourself up. They'd feel really silly if all of a sudden the orders just stopped. There is nothing you could tell me to make me believe that a jar of basic hair pomade that's been around for generations and has never costs that much in it's existence, all of a sudden it's value has jumped up to almost $10 just when we start talking about it.....

Last edited:

LaNecia

I ordered on the 9th and paid $6.99 each for 2 16 oz jars. I have not been billed as of yet.

Keen

so1913 said:
That's real messed up....this is what makes you not want to do business with...certain people.

You know what, I say we call them out on it via email. We know what's up. I hate being taken blatantly advantage of....wow, $9.00 for a jar of petroleum...they know they are wrong for that! I understand prices go up...but a jar of grease going up by $2 in a week??? And $3 over what it originally must have been (they still have $5.99 on the main page) Yeah, we are being set up. Unfortunately there isn't many options to purchase, but I wouldn't do business with the company if this is what they are about...

So any fellow members with access to the product may want to speak now and make a few extra dollars by helping out some fellow members, because I'd rather give my hard earned money to one of you than a company blatantly trying to rip us off. I know it's business and the idea is to profit, BUT, there is a smart way to do it and that's by drawing in customers with good prices and service. I'm sure the business we gave them at the price they originally were selling it for has increased their profits significantly as it was. Why be greedy? That's when you set yourself up. They'd feel really silly if all of a sudden the orders just stopped. There is nothing you could tell me to make me believe that a jar of basic hair pomade that's been around for generations and has never costs that much in it's existence, all of a sudden it's value has jumped up to almost $10 just when we start talking about it.....

I agree. I was trying to decide whether I want some of this creme or some jamaican black castor oil (I can only buy one to control my PJism). I'm going with the castor oil.

hondahoney007

I called about my order that I placed on Feb 8th. I ordered the 16oz for 6.99. The lady gave me the tracking number and my package should be delivered on Feb 21. She also told me that I would be getting (2) 8oz jars since she didn't have anymore 16oz jars. I haven't been billed yet either.

bluediamond0829

hondahoney007 said:
I called about my order that I placed on Feb 8th. I ordered the 16oz for 6.99. The lady gave me the tracking number and my package should be delivered on Feb 21. She also told me that I would be getting (2) 8oz jars since she didn't have anymore 16oz jars. I haven't been billed yet either.

Ladies i went by the store on Friday and the lady stated to me that she would not have any in until either Tuesday or Wednesday...so i dont know whats going on as far as the being billed for the orders but when i went by the store she didnt even have any in stock for the customers that walked in to pick some up...i thought i was going to be lucky and get some that day....but she stated because of the internet that she wouldnt have any until then..

Candy_C

kreeme said:
Okay, so has anyone actually tried it on their hair yet? I'm anxious to know how it feels and all of that good stuff. I may venture back out to another BSS store today when it stops raining to see if I can find it. I woke up this morning thinking about this stuff. Hmmm...maybe we got an Indian store around the ATL somewhere :scratchch

hi, i've used it for about 5 years..i've been relaxed for 7. i've used it on and off as i haven't been into hair care since only 12 months ago. when i did use it back then it made my hair grow and the scent was delisious. i have a 16oz jar in my hair tub i bring it out in the summer as this creme on the scalp combined with the heat in summer is excellent for growth - and this is when my hair grows the most. summer last year i grew like 2 and a half inches in three months (which is alot for me) minus the vitamins as i wasn't consistent.

bluediamond0829

VWVixxen said:
Glad you were able to find it...I'm still waiting... =(

yeah i called her back too...and she said Wednesday that her shipment comes in....thats messed up because i asked the lady if she knew of any other places that sold it and she told me no...

so1913

bluediamond0829 said:
yeah i called her back too...and she said Wednesday that her shipment comes in....thats messed up because i asked the lady if she knew of any other places that sold it and she told me no...

No, why would she send you somewhere else when she's trying to jack up the price and keep all the business to herself?

I think it's messed up that she's "claimed" to get bounced back emails from many people, not one person here has said they've received an email at all. You are going to tell me that not ONE email went through? Someone here may be able to clear that up by letting us know they got the notification. I think it's messed up she hasn't called her customers to notify them of the hold up. If email doesn't work, pick up the phone! I'm not feelin' the business practices of these people one bit...

LaNecia

so1913 said:
No, why would she send you somewhere else when she's trying to jack up the price and keep all the business to herself?

I think it's messed up that she's "claimed" to get bounced back emails from many people, not one person here has said they've received an email at all. You are going to tell me that not ONE email went through? Someone here may be able to clear that up by letting us know they got the notification. I think it's messed up she hasn't called her customers to notify them of the hold up. If email doesn't work, pick up the phone! I'm not feelin' the business practices of these people one bit...

Uh oh, I sense an uprising! :lol:

I emailed her again on Saturday inquiring about the shipping number, still nada... :nono:

I am growing frustrated as well, only saving grace is that I haven't been billed for it as of yet, but If I ordered it, obviously I wanted it... I quess I won't squawk too loudly until there's a charge to my account. If I have to have it, I'll just take the other lady up on her offer to pick it up...then again, maybe not if she's jacked the price up $3.00 already. Oh well.

so1913

VWVixxen said:
Uh oh, I sense an uprising! :lol:

I emailed her again on Saturday inquiring about the shipping number, still nada... :nono:

I am growing frustrated as well, only saving grace is that I haven't been billed for it as of yet, but If I ordered it, obviously I wanted it... I quess I won't squawk too loudly until there's a charge to my account. If I have to have it, I'll just take the other lady up on her offer to pick it up...then again, maybe not if she's jacked the price up $3.00 already. Oh well.

Haha, no, no uprising, LOL. I'll be calm, I just hate bad customer service and business practices...and the thing is, the business will continue to do it because we'll keep giving them business because there is few alternatves. Guess that's the beauty of a Monopoly with this stuff not being readily available.

Last edited:

tal

This is why I am so skeptical about letting a business know about our forum. There is a tendency to jack their prices up once they know a product is in high demand!

It would be nice if you could create a form letter and make it available to the forum so that we each can email the letter with our individual names and jammmmmmmmm up their email system. So there!

Hmmm...I wonder if sickbay would be willing to get the product for us and then we order it from them. :confused:

so1913 said:

SqrpioQutie

tal said:
This is why I am so skeptical about letting a business know about our forum. There is a tendency to jack their prices up once they know a product is in high demand!

It would be nice if you could create a form letter and make it available to the forum so that we each can email the letter with our individual names and jammmmmmmmm up their email system. So there!

Hmmm...I wonder if sickbay would be willing to get the product for us and then we order it from them. :confused:

that's a good idea... now how would we go about getting that done?

bluediamond0829

i have also emailed her a couple of times to cancel my order because after realizing that the place was located in Fort Lauderdale and not too far from where i lived at...

I wouldnt really even think about doing business there or shopping there...i did go to the store....and lets just say its not that pretty and nice....its kind of dark in the inside and its not that many products in the store...

I found two stores in the area that werent too far that sold La India...I took a long ride to get my La India from more of a Carribean Market then a West Indian store..and the lady was really nice and had everything there....i paid 3.99 for mine...i decided to buy two jars of it because she only had like i think 6 on the shelf...she told me that it works wonders and that i wont regret buying it..i guess she could tell i was hesitant on buying a second jar but because of it being a long ways to drive i went and brought two jars....

she started telling me how her hair had thinned out and how she used it and now it was thicker...her hair was okay but if i hadnt seen Candy C's hair and going on just the appearance of hair i may have only brought one jar or not even thought about buying it...

hondahoney007

Hello everyone. I received my package of La India today. The lady sent (2) 8oz jars. They smell like aromatherapy candles. I can't think of the scent right now, but when it comes to me I will let you know. I will be using this from now until the end of April. I will add pics to my fotki. Thanks for the recommendation Candy C.

myoung

VWVixxen said:
Maybe I should go see a :crystalba so she can tell me when mine will show up! :lol:

:lol: That's funny....

I don't know what is taking yours so long...but remember that I have that extra bottle if you need it.

TwistNMx

I'm just wondering if this place is reputable? They can't be the only people who sell this product.
Does anyone have a bottle? Who's the manufacturer?
Did anyone get their supply yet? :ohwell: