Spinoff: Thread by Candie-C...La Miracle Creme @ The West Indian Store

LaNecia

ETA: Here's the Original Thread: What do you use - That doesn't seem to get mentioned??

I called The West Indian Store today because I too ordered the La India Miracle Creme that Candi mentioned. The lady who answered the phone, Sherry, was very nice and explained that there was a shortage of the product in the 16 oz sizes because of so many orders being placed around the same time. :)sekret: Wow, what a shocker!) :lol: She wanted to know if it was suddenly the hottest product around and I had to explain to her about the LHCF and how WOM works around here (Word of Mouth).

She said she's sent out emails and most have bounced back to her as undeliverable (I never received mine and I dont' have a junk mail filter :confused: ).

Anyway, she said she's sent out everyone's order in the 8 oz sizes to equal what they ordered (i.e. if you ordered a 16 oz jar, she sent 2 - 8 oz jars). She was waiting to hear back because some get mad when they receive a different size but she's since sent everything out.

Hope that sorts out any confusion/frustration for anyone else who's ordered and not heard back from the company.

VWV

Last edited:

andreab

VWVixxen said:
I called The West Indian Store today because I too ordered the La India Miracle Creme that Candi mentioned. The lady who answered the phone, Sherry, was very nice and explained that there was a shortage of the product in the 16 oz sizes because of so many orders being placed around the same time. :)Secret: Wow, what a shocker!) :lol: She said she's sent out emails and most have bounced back to her as undeliverable (I never received mine and I dont' have a junk mail filter :confused: ).

Anyway, she said she's sent out everyone's order in the 8 oz sizes to equal what they ordered (i.e. if you ordered a 16 oz jar, she sent 2 - 8 oz jars). She was waiting to hear back because some get mad when they receive a different size but she's since sent everything out.

Hope that sorts out any confusion/frustration for anyone else who's ordered and not heard back from the company.

VWV

Is there a link for The West Indian Store? How can I order this? I could not find it using google

bluediamond0829

andreab said:
Is there a link for The West Indian Store? How can I order this? I could not find it using google

http://www.westindianstore.com

heres the link for it....

why am i mad that i just placed an order for this product and its right here in the same area where i live at? i just emailed them to see if i could cancel the order and come by and pick it up...see thats what i get for being such a pj....and i had said that since i think Candy had mentioned it could be found in Asian BSS that i was going to see if i could find it first before placing an order for it because i didnt want to pay for the shipping and handling...

Last edited:

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Wow!! I was contemplating whether or not I should order this now because I have alot of stuff that I wanted to finish up first:look: . But the rate of how you ladies are ordering, I better order mine now before there is none left:lol: . I can't seem to find it in Brooklyn at any of my nearby BSS.:(

Blaque*Angel

Ingredients are petrolatum, Quinine sulphate, olive oil, fragance, certified colour d&c red.

My mom used this on her children growing up, It is made in Kingston Jamaica... I have two 16 oz Jars....it smells nice and is very moisturising, it grows the hair fast too...Men in the UK use it in the winter to have canerows/cornrows in the summer.

HTH

oglorious1

Mixologist
Thanks for posting the ingredients, well that's another one i can't buy this one...Petroleum and I don't get along.

Candy_C

lol, wow its really caught on. this is the kinda thing used for generation in my family.

it is a very good pomade, everybody should have at least one tub.

the 8oz bottles are SO CUTE! wait till u see them (lol) and it smells heavenly!!!

kreeme

bluediamond0829 said:
http://www.westindianstore.com

heres the link for it....

why am i mad that i just placed an order for this product and its right here in the same area where i live at? i just emailed them to see if i could cancel the order and come by and pick it up...see thats what i get for being such a pj....and i had said that since i think Candy had mentioned it could be found in Asian BSS that i was going to see if i could find it first before placing an order for it because i didnt want to pay for the shipping and handling...

:lol: Now see, I was just about to place an order until I read your post. I went and browsed thru their website and I see a lot of products that I've seen here in Atlanta at the BSS...I will just swing by there on my way home tonight to see what they have. Because I am not about to pay $8 for shipping and handling when I pass 50 BSS on the way home. :nono:

LuvLiLocks

Wow, I'm glad I bought mine all ready. After reading Candy C's thread and asking about it, I didn't even wait for a reply :lachen: I just happened to walk into a "Carribbean market" on my way home from work, and low and behold it was there lookin me in the face :eek: I only bought one jar, but now I see I need to go back there tomorrow :lachen:, and yes the scent is great, and I already have the itches after just a few days :up:

Blaque*Angel

Candy_C said:
lol, wow its really caught on. this is the kinda thing used for generation in my family.

it is a very good pomade, everybody should have at least one tub.

the 8oz bottles are SO CUTE! wait till u see them (lol) and it smells heavenly!!!

Hey Candy, i feel you. my grandmother used this in Jamaica on All of her childrens hair, My mom used it on her six daughters too...;) It really is good! the 16oz bottles/tubs last so.... long, maybe over a year!

bluediamond0829

LuvLiLocks said:
Wow, I'm glad I bought mine all ready. After reading Candy C's thread and asking about it, I didn't even wait for a reply :lachen: I just happened to walk into a "Carribbean market" on my way home from work, and low and behold it was there lookin me in the face :eek: I only bought one jar, but now I see I need to go back there tomorrow :lachen:, and yes the scent is great, and I already have the itches after just a few days :up:

What store did you go to to buy yours from and how much was it??was it the 6.99...did you get the 16oz????

LaNecia

Ya'll make me SICK out there on the East Coast...can just walk into a store and pick something up at on a whim....livin out here on the LEFT coast is ticking me off! I'm gonna move! I can't feed my PJism here like i need to!

Maybe I can recruit one of you wonderful ladies to be my long distance personal shopper?! :lol:

trinidarkie1

VWVixxen said:
Ya'll make me SICK out there on the East Coast...can just walk into a store and pick something up at on a whim....livin out here on the LEFT coast is ticking me off! I'm gonna move! I can't feed my PJism here like i need to!

Maybe I can recruit one of you wonderful ladies to be my long distance personal shopper?! :lol:

Ha ha ha ha ha dont hate! :lol:
I'm going to the west indian store today to see what I can find.

LaNecia

You are sooooo wrong! You KNOW that don't cha?! :lol:

That's alright, that just means when I order, I have to order in BULK....have you seen my product supply stash? THAT'S why it's outta control...

I'm calling my therapist...

LuvLiLocks

bluediamond0829 said:
What store did you go to to buy yours from and how much was it??was it the 6.99...did you get the 16oz????

I paid around $3.50 for my jar.(I'm not sure how many oz. but the jar looks just like the pic u guys posted, and it is porbably about 4inches tall-I'll check when I get home)
I bought it from a store called "Carribbean Market", or "Carribbean Island Market" (I'll confirm this later on as well), But I've seen several of these stores around town. I'm in Orlando, Florida.

O.T I also saw all different types of "gee" and almond oil in this store :eek: and that is where I buy my jamacian castor oil too. I love that place :grin:
Oh by the way if anyone has problems getting this, I'd be happy to ship some off. :yep:

bluediamond0829

LuvLiLocks said:
I paid around $3.50 for my jar.(I'm not sure how many oz. but the jar looks just like the pic u guys posted, and it is porbably about 4inches tall-I'll check when I get home)
I bought it from a store called "Carribbean Market", or "Carribbean Island Market" (I'll confirm this later on as well), But I've seen several of these stores around town. I'm in Orlando, Florida.

O.T I also saw all different types of "gee" and almond oil in this store :eek: and that is where I buy my jamacian castor oil too. I love that place :grin:
Oh by the way if anyone has problems getting this, I'd be happy to ship some off. :yep:

Oh darn your in Orlando nevermind..im down in Fort Lauderdale...well i guess i'll go back to the website and write their address down and go by their after work(throwing that in to mess with VWVixen) hahaha lol....but hopefully it is cheaper than buying it on the internet....

I'm trying to think and wonder if i have seen the Paltas in the stores it looks so very familiar...i havent had the time to go by any BSS to check to see if they have it..but it just looks too familiar....

LaNecia

BluDiamond!! I'm surprised at you! :lol:

Actually, we do have a Carribean Market here locally, it's a very small store, I'm gonna swing by and see what they have. I doubt they hve it though, they seem to carry primarily food items...maybe I'll pick their brains on where to get haircare items locally.

I'll holla later today if I find anything out...for all my local lurkers. :lol:

morehairplease

LuvLiLocks said:

I may have to take you up on this offer LuvLiLocks. I haven't been able to find it in my area. This weekend I plan on trying 2 more stores to see if they carry it......if not can I email you for price to ship,etc...? tia

rosie

Darnit.

Oh well, I'm on my way to teh BSS to get some New Era 2000 and some Porosity Control. SO I might as well.

Naijaqueen

hmm why did i just order it online, if it works well for me in next 2 weeks, when i'm in London in 2 weeks, I just might be buying a whole bunch...danggone PJ :(

bluediamond0829

okay come to find out im going to have to wait for it...unfourtanetly i have to wait like everyone else...i went to several BSS, the Westindian store, and a Carribean Market and none of them had it...the lady at the West Indian store that is from the website said they wont have anything until at least Wednesday...and i dont know even if i'll be able to get there by then...how could she get rid of all of it out of the store too...thats crazy...

PhonyBaloney500

I'm curious

So what about the stuff increases hair growth? I don't see anything particularly special in the ingredients (and petrolatum is supposed to be "bad" lol)...

LuvLiLocks

tishee said:
I may have to take you up on this offer LuvLiLocks. I haven't been able to find it in my area. This weekend I plan on trying 2 more stores to see if they carry it......if not can I email you for price to ship,etc...? tia
Sure Tishee, I'm going by there this weekend so let me know if you find it, you can just pm me. Oh and by the way, my jar is regular 8oz. size, and I paid $3.39 for it :yep: