Post Pics of Hair With Kinky Curl Curling Custard

Candy1978

Hey everyone! I have decided to transition to natural hair, and I am thinking of purchasing Kinky Curl Curling Custard, after seeing a few reviews on Youtube. I have 4a/b hair, and would like to see some of your pics with that product, especially if you have a similar hair texture as me. Also, I am not planning on doing a BC, what products are you transitioners, naturals using to maintian moisture? Let me know!---Also everyone have a great day!:grin:

And I hear that Ecostyler Olive Oil gel is comparable to KCCC for shingling. I saw a youtube vid where one of our members did a side by side comparison and there was no difference in final result. Ecostyler is $2.50 for a 16oz jar.

Ecostyler gel is just amazing. I have not tried the new one, but after using the regular ecostyler I have decided I don't need to try any other curl products- and I have spent hundreds trying them all- Curls, Misss Jessies, Noodle head, Tigi, Sabastian etc etc (except KCCC).

And I hear that Ecostyler Olive Oil gel is comparable to KCCC for shingling. I saw a youtube vid where one of our members did a side by side comparison and there was no difference in final result. Ecostyler is $2.50 for a 16oz jar.

Last edited:

I don't know about the Ecostyler Gel. Personally I would not put it in my hair.

I have the KCCC. It is all natural and is a styling product as well as a moisturizer in one. I understand not wanting to spend so much money on a product. I have heard that Ecostyler is protein laden, so I would advise one to be careful if their hair is sensitive.

My hair has never felt better since using the KCCC. You can get it at your local Whole Foods Market.

Just my .02:yep:

Here is a pic of my hair (in a phony pony) with KCCC.
DSC05744-vi.jpg

For comparison here it is with Ecostyler clear gel
DSC05759-vi.jpg

IMO I get very similar results with KCCC. The only difference is it lasts a LOT longer. With Ecostyler I'm lucky if I get 3 days out of the style. With KCCC the style lasts up to a week before I go crazy and have to wash my hair. I'm sure I could go longer than a week. I would definitely give it a thumbs up

ETA as far as products I go back and forth between these. They all work pretty well for me
Conditioners- Cowash: Aussie moist, Trader Joe nourish spa. Leave ins: Trader JoeNourish spa condish, Karen's body beautiful leave in, Lacio Lacio, S-curl (blue and white bottle). Moisture DC:Karens Body Butter DC, Pantene R&N DC, Aussie 3 minute miracle, AO Honeysuckle rose. Protein DC: ORS Mayo, Aphogee 2 step. Regular shampoo: Trader Joe Nourish spa. Clarifying shampoo: Nexxus Aloe Rid

Last edited:
Here is a pic of my hair (in a phony pony) with KCCC.
DSC05744-vi.jpg

For comparison here it is with Ecostyler clear gel
DSC05759-vi.jpg

IMO I get very similar results with KCCC. The only difference is it lasts a LOT longer. With Ecostyler I'm lucky if I get 3 days out of the style. With KCCC the style lasts up to a week before I go crazy and have to wash my hair. I'm sure I could go longer than a week. I would definitely give it a thumbs up

I can't wait until I can see some waves. :perplexed

I have these pics on my cam phone. Not ver good. This is when my hair was shorter. I still prefer my ecostyler gel though. I like the consistency of KCCC though cause it slides on and ecostyler is sooo thick. I get better def with ecostyler IMO.
Image0058.jpg

Image0057.jpg

Now here are some pics I took the other night. They also suck and don't do my hair justice. This is my hair dried and after a night out. It is also smooshed. Wish I could help more cause KCCC is a good product.
050.jpg

062.jpg

065.jpg

072.jpg

ok HTH.

I saw the KCCC at Whole Foods for $25. Right now I'm okay with EcoStyler, but is there any way to get a sample of the KCCC?

I don't have any photos but I recently switched from ecostyler to KCCC. I don't need a whole lot of hold, just moisture so KCCC is better for that.

I use it to slick back my buns and pony tails, basically like black gel
I never wear my hair out with it because as you can see, I look like I have a damned jherri curl. Plus it takes FOREVER to dry.

KCCC+KCKT (I did henna/indigo a few days prior to this pic and I'm 100% natural).

Attachments

• 2-12-10 044.jpg
    2-12-10 044.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Here are my pics of the KCCC experience. I got about 5 days of wear without having to reapply the product. i just used water and coconut oil to revive it a little. After about the 5th day I started noticing some build-up, but a little def goes a long way, and with a $ 30.00 price tag, you wanna try your best to conserve this product!!!:grin:

Attachments

• FEB 21 2010 Hair 049.jpg
    FEB 21 2010 Hair 049.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 108
  • March 17, 2010 KCCC 045.jpg
    March 17, 2010 KCCC 045.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 102
  • FEB 21 2010 Hair 051.jpg
    FEB 21 2010 Hair 051.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 98
2 KCCC attemps, both with Knot today leave-in.

The first was an accidental OD. I also "denmaned" it through. Hated it, it was waaaay to sticky!
The second was about 1/4 less, no combing or brushing, hated it less.

comp-vi.jpg

Back