Post Your Favorite Protective Style Here!

bee

@ Cayenne, that bun is the bomb! I'm bitin' that!!! Tell me what kind of of phony pony that is. I have beedeebee issues at the nape of my neck and that bun looks like it would hide my "condition" perfectly!! Also, tell me how you styled it, to make it look like that?

TIA

wadadligyal

You ladies have such beautiful protective styles.

Thank you all soo much for sharing I will have to start practicing these till I get them right!!!!!!!!!

Thank you thank you thank you ladies it's very much appreciated!!!!!!

cat eyes

VroniL2006

victorious said:
Just when I was getting bored with protective styles, along comes this thread with cute styles. I wish I could flat twist though.

I bought some sticks a while back but didn't know how to use them. The only style I saw and liked was Sistaslick's Chinese Bun, but I don't have all that hair yet. :lol:

Thanks so much for that "how to" in your album, SerenityBreeze! It's so cute.

--

Here are my favorites besides the bun:

Ok you have the best protective styles that I have seen so far. I dont think I can do these without a stylist though...:(

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
Thanks for the compliments ladies. :)

VroniL2006, wow...:Blush2: Thanks. The styles aren't hard at all. You can do them. :sekret: I sent the $20 to your paypal account as per our agreement. :lol: But seriously, there are gorgeous styles in this thread, and you haven't seen it all. I thought Sistaslick, DivineFavor and some other ladies would have posted their protective styles already. Just wait and see.

Cayenne has more pretty styles in her album too. She's going to reveal it soon when she's finished updating it and posting instructions...anyday now...anyyyday. (Yeah, I put it out there Cayenne. Whatcha gonna do? You're in Texas, I'm in NY. You can't touch me. Na na na na na. :lol: )

I want to try each style posted too. I'll need clip-in tracks or phony ponies to do some styles like Crlsweetie, Cayenne, and Kinikakes. I'll need a whole lot of clip-in tracks to do styles like DLewis and Softresses. I have to see if I can find a gold or brown flurry scrunchie like Den1. I love the variety of styles in this thread.

Last edited:

deltagyrl

SerenityBreeze said:
This is how you will find me 6 out of 7 days. I love to use the Chineese sticks because they don't create any tension on the hair line.

For those interested, I have created a "how to" in album in my fotki

Bests!

LOVE it! Read your fotki and I still don't get it but it sure is purty! Think I'll start with the (simpler) baggie pony that you posted.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

First, Dlewis and Sexyhairfetish :love:

Gotta represent for the naturals! Here's my contribution:

Two Strand Twists pinned up

Hair pinned up and ends tucked under my favorite clip!

Hair pinned up in another favorite clip, ends out

CAPlush

KiniKakes said:
Oh goodness, all of these styles are so beautiful, simple, and protective!!! :) Great thread, Serenity!!!! Here are a few of my regular protective styles:

"Pinned Plait"

Thank you so much Kinikakes! I tried a modified version of this style for myself yesterday! I especially like the fact that you do not have to use a pony tail holder for this one.

Sistaslick

Can't believe I missed this thread!:eek: Gorgeous styles ladies!

I need to get some updated pics of the new buns I've started creating these days.:lol:

Here are my ol' school favorites:

and camera phone a front shot...

There are others, but my digital camera is out of service and the camera phone doesn't show much detail. Sawry!

pet

Here is one of my favorite styles (this was yesterday):

Attachments

• P1040265[1].jpg
    P1040265[1].jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 87
  • P1040266[1].jpg
    P1040266[1].jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 55
  • P1040267[1].jpg
    P1040267[1].jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 82

ritzbitz78

Beautiful ladies, just gorgeous. Mine is plain jane bun. I use a foam doughnut that was soaked in olive oil, then squeezed out the excess. And lately my hair looks curlier since I airdry, instead of rollerset then bun, now. I will take a pic tomorrow of my more updated bun.

Nanyanika

ritzbitz78 said:
Beautiful ladies, just gorgeous. Mine is plain jane bun. I use a foam doughnut that was soaked in olive oil, then squeezed out the excess. And lately my hair looks curlier since I airdry, instead of rollerset then bun, now. I will take a pic tomorrow of my more updated bun.

Your hair blinging...its sooo silky. btw love the style

bellesocialite

These styles are TOO cute. I can't wait to try them out. The tucked-in ponytail/sock bun looks are boring me to death. If I want to make it through the Hide Your Hair challenge without giving up, I'm sure these styles will def. come in handy.

I don't have a pic of my tucked-in ponytail but believe me, you're not missing out on anything lol.

pistachio

All these styles are too cute!!! My favorite one to do part my hair horizontally, and with the top half, roll it into a donut bun, and secure it with a Good Hair Days pin, and then do the same with the bottom half, execpt roll it in the opposite direction. I get compliments from people on this style because I think it makes the bun look very full, and give the illusion of longer, thicker hair that you really have, just like French roll hairstyles do this too.

e$h

Your hair is sooooo pretty. The shine is amazing and it's sooooo silky. What are youuuu using?

ritzbitz78 said:

deltagyrl

Sistaslick said:
Can't believe I missed this thread!:eek: Gorgeous styles ladies!

I need to get some updated pics of the new buns I've started creating these days.:lol:

Here are my ol' school favorites:

Are these styles possible w/ 'not quite bsl' hair?

Softresses

Ambitious1013 said:
Thanks Letitia! It is a hair slide. Here is a picture but not the exact one that I have:

I love these! I have collected a lot of these through the years. They hold great without a lot of pulling or damage to the hair.

Softresses

ritzbitz78

e$h said:
Your hair is sooooo pretty. The shine is amazing and it's sooooo silky. What are youuuu using?

awww, thankyou!! That bun was made after wearing my hair in a rollerset. I think the shine is coming from using Dudley's Q Fantastic Body Texturizing Setting Lotion when I did my rollerset. www.dudleyq.com. I also used Nexxus Headress as my leave-in aftering washing my hair. I sealed with jojoba that time.

My bun doesn't look that shiny anymore, because I airdry my hair before bunning now. I will take a pic of my bun today and post it.

The Girl

Sistaslick said:

and camera phone a front shot...
[/center]

There are others, but my digital camera is out of service and the camera phone doesn't show much detail. Sawry!

I love both of these...beautiful

Royal Glory

SerenityBreeze, that is really cute.

This is mine. I wear this style 3 times a week or so. When mine gets to be your length, I'll be trying the sticks, too.

SerenityBreeze said:
This is how you will find me 6 out of 7 days. I love to use the Chineese sticks because they don't create any tension on the hair line.

For those interested, I have created a "how to" in album in my fotki

Bests!