Post Your Favorite Protective Style Here!

Nice & Wavy

VWVixxen said:
This is a great thread!!

I love the ideas, you ladies are genious!

KiniKakes, your growth is out of control! :shocked:

Victorious, thank you for the step-by-step on that french braid, I'll be rocking that one today! I love your updo's!

Sxyhairfetish...I think I just found my wedding style! :love:

OMG VWVixxen....congratulations on your wedding! You look so

and I love your dress. Your husband is very handsome and you look just like your mom...she is so pretty!

Blessings on your wedding and may you always feel as pretty and special as you look on your wedding day!!!

Ms Kraft

pistachio said:
My favorite one to do part my hair horizontally, and with the top half, roll it into a donut bun, and secure it with a Good Hair Days pin, and then do the same with the bottom half, execpt roll it in the opposite direction.

Pistachio, is this the hairstyle you're describing?

I've been thinking of trying this because my front half isn't quite getting into my updos, which I think maybe causing it to grow slower there than in back. Has this helped with growth in the front for you?

HoneyDew

victorious said:
Thanks for the compliments ladies. :)

VroniL2006, wow...:Blush2: Thanks. The styles aren't hard at all. You can do them. :sekret: I sent the $20 to your paypal account as per our agreement. :lol: But seriously, there are gorgeous styles in this thread, and you haven't seen it all. I thought Sistaslick, DivineFavor and some other ladies would have posted their protective styles already. Just wait and see.

Cayenne has more pretty styles in her album too. She's going to reveal it soon when she's finished updating it and posting instructions...anyday now...anyyyday. (Yeah, I put it out there Cayenne. Whatcha gonna do? You're in Texas, I'm in NY. You can't touch me. Na na na na na. :lol: )

I want to try each style posted too. I'll need clip-in tracks or phony ponies to do some styles like Crlsweetie, Cayenne, and Kinikakes. I'll need a whole lot of clip-in tracks to do styles like DLewis and Softresses. I have to see if I can find a gold or brown flurry scrunchie like Den1. I love the variety of styles in this thread.

That's what I use. I have a bunch of them that I bought from an ebay seller. I made my own but I wanted a double weft on the clips and that was too thick for me to make myself. I have some great clipin that match my texture well so my hair can be up an protected.

(Although I wore my hair down today since I am going to get a sew-in installed in the a.m. for protection. I wanted to enjoy my hair one last day. :D )

Ladies with shorter hair don't underestimate clip-ins to get your hair protected!! :)

HoneyDew

The picture in my siggie is my neck length hair up with a claw clip.

This picture is my hair up with one clip-in installed with that same claw-clip.

I change it up depending on how far I am post relaxer. Rigth after a touchup, I use the clip-ins, but when I have thick new growth, it is easier to just put my own hair up w/o the clip in.

LaNecia

HoneyDew said:
That's what I use. I have a bunch of them that I bought from an ebay seller. I made my own but I wanted a double weft on the clips and that was too thick for me to make myself. I have some great clipin that match my texture well so my hair can be up an protected.

(Although I wore my hair down today since I am going to get a sew-in installed in the a.m. for protection. I wanted to enjoy my hair one last day. :D )

Ladies with shorter hair don't underestimate clip-ins to get your hair protected!! :)

How is the double weft done? Do you have a pic? I started using the clipins last week... :love: the versatility is GREAT! I'mma fake it til I make it!

HoneyDew

VWVixxen said:
How is the double weft done? Do you have a pic? I started using the clipins last week... :love: the versatility is GREAT! I'mma fake it til I make it!

Don't laugh but I just happen to have a clip-in in my bag today. :lol:

Here is a pic. I hope you can see it, but the double weft is when they make one clip-in piece with 2 wefts of hair sewn together. It makes the piece thicker over all.

LaNecia

HoneyDew said:
Don't laugh but I just happen to have a clip-in in my bag today. :lol:

**trying hard not to giggle...***

Thanks lady for the picture. I thought that was what you meant. Hmm...I wonder I have some pieces that haven't been sewn yet...gonna give it a try this week.

adw425

Not sure if you can make it out, but I take my hair and twist it up toward the crown, tuck the ends and secure it with a comb.

Attachments

• bun.JPG
    bun.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

dlewis

adw425 said:
Not sure if you can make it out, but I take my hair and twist it up toward the crown, tuck the ends and secure it with a comb.

That's cute, I'll be trying that tom.

Tee

adw425 said:

Just a comb holding it up. Wow.
(I could make it out very well.:) )

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
All these styles look so lovely and ....Sigh...I have tried to do many of these and my hair looks pitiful! :( My fine, thin hair just won't work with these. I get frustrated and just bun it and it looks like a bump on the back of my head! :lachen:

I was almost tempted to buy one of the Revlon hair buns from Harmon's last night! That would have looked a hot mess!

Anyhow, you ladies "keep on keeping on" and I'll sit back and watch!

PatTodd

Ambitious1013 said:
Thanks Letitia! It is a hair slide. Here is a picture but not the exact one that I have:

Ambitious, please tell where you got the hair slide you are wearing and/or where I can find the one in the photo? Thanks!

PatTodd

HoneyDew said:
Here is a pic. I hope you can see it, but the double weft is when they make one clip-in piece with 2 wefts of hair sewn together. It makes the piece thicker over all.

I was JUST thinking about how I could use a clip-in, today. Which ebay seller do you buy your clip ins from?

plainj

Wonderful thread!!!
SerenityBreeze, you make me want to grow my bangs out. Beautiful styles and so simple.
JustMeSteph, I love that chinese bun.
Kinikakes,the wrapped donut bun is beautiful and so simple.
Brazenvirtue, I love the bun. Very pretty.
Sxyhairfetish, that style is simple with a classy twist.

There are just to many beautiful styles to name but these stuck out for me. I am going to have to practice some of these.

Ambitious1013

PatTodd said:
Ambitious, please tell where you got the hair slide you are wearing and/or where I can find the one in the photo? Thanks!
I bought my hair slides from the beauty supply store. The picture I posted is from hairboutique.com I believe that I also saw some at Target.

PatTodd

Ambitious1013 said:
I bought my hair slides from the beauty supply store. The picture I posted is from hairboutique.com I believe that I also saw some at Target.

Thanks..I'm on it (runs out of thread to hairboutique.com) :user:

God's Anointed

These styles are just so great!!! I think i'm gonna try all of these so that i can have a little variety when i style my hair!!! Honestly, i'm tired of the bun and it was definitely time for a change. Thanks you guys. You are so awesome.

CynamonKis

This is a very cute style!

SerenityBreeze said:
This is how you will find me 6 out of 7 days. I love to use the Chineese sticks because they don't create any tension on the hair line.

For those interested, I have created a "how to" in album in my fotki

Bests!

fallback

Hey ladies here's another protective style that was done today by one of our own LHCFers.:lol::lol: It's a phonypony!

"

">
Hairstyle compliments of Kina!! Thanks Kina:)

Monilove122

Ladies,

I'm not that new here but don't post very often. I'm so glad this thread is here because I really need to get on the ball with taking better care of my hair. I'm currently wearing a sew-in with some of my hair out and I poo'd my own hair for the very first time today (is Poo the correct term for you when you put some conditioner on your dry hair prior to shampooing and apply a bit of heat)? Anywho, I washed the weave hair in addition to washing in between the braids to be certain to take care of my hair underneath. I also now have an Ionic dryer so I set my hair and the weave hair on rollers and just sat up under a cool dryer for about 2 hrs (dang, that was a long time. Glad my LHCF sistas are hear to keep me company). I used to have long hair but just haven't been able to grow it out these days. I'm going to start wearing protective styles after I take this weave out in 2 weeks and just ordered a phony pony so I can mimic some of the styles here.

Thanks so much ladies for being so open with your regimen and "secrets". It's really helpful to new folks like myself.