Prayer for our Nation (November 6, 2012)

FrazzledFraggle

Lord, I am standing on Your promise in
Isaiah 55:11 (NKJV)
11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

Father, in the name of Jesus, we bring before You our nation and its leaders. Father, You say in Your Word that you reprove leaders for our sakes so that we may live in a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

We pray that skillful and godly wisdom will enter into the heart of our leaders on a national, state, and local level as this election progresses; and that knowledge is pleasant to them, that discretion watched over them and understanding keeps them and delivers them from the way of evil and from evil men.

We pray that the upright shall dwell in the government(s)...that men and women of integrity, blameless and complete in Your sight, Father, shall be put in place and those that are already in place shall remain. We pray that the wicked shall be cut off and the treacherous shall be rooted out. We pray that those in authority winnow the wicked from among the good and bring the threshing wheel over them to separate the chaff from the grain, for loving-kindness and mercy, truth and faithfulness preserve those in authority and their offices are upheld by the people's loyalty.

We confess and believe that the decisions made by the leaders are divinely directed by You, Father, and their mouths should not transgress in judgment. Therefore, we pray our leaders are men and women of discernment, understanding, and knowledge so the stability of our country will increase. We pray that the uncompromisingly righteous be in authority in our country so that the people here can rejoice.

Father, it is an abomination for leaders to commit wickedness. We pray that their offices be established and made secure by righteousness and that right and just lips are a delight to those in authority and that they love those who speak what is right.

We pray and believe that the good news of the Gospel is published in this land. We thank YOU for laborers of the harvest to publish Your Word that Jesus is Lord in the USA. We thank You for raising up intercessors to pray for our country in Jesus' name. Amen.

Psalm 105:14
14 He permitted no one to do them wrong;
Yes, He rebuked kings for their sakes,

Proverbs 2:10-15
10 When wisdom enters your heart,
And knowledge is pleasant to your soul,
11 Discretion will preserve you;
Understanding will keep you,
12 To deliver you from the way of evil,
From the man who speaks perverse things,
13 From those who leave the paths of uprightness
To walk in the ways of darkness;
14 Who rejoice in doing evil,
And delight in the perversity of the wicked;
15 Whose ways are crooked,
And who are devious in their paths;

Proverbs 2:21
21 For the upright will dwell in the land,
And the blameless will remain in it;

Proverbs 20:26-28
26 A wise king sifts out the wicked,
And brings the threshing wheel over them.
27 The spirit of a man is the lamp of the Lord,
Searching all the inner depths of his heart.[a]
28 Mercy and truth preserve the king,
And by loving kindness he upholds his throne.

Proverbs 21:1
21 The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord,
Like the rivers of water;
He turns it wherever He wishes.

Proverbs 16:10
10 Divination is on the lips of the king;
His mouth must not transgress in judgment.

Proverbs 16:12
12 It is an abomination for kings to commit wickedness,
For a throne is established by righteousness.

Proverbs 16:10
10 Divination is on the lips of the king;
His mouth must not transgress in judgment.

Proverbs 28:2
2 Because of the transgression of a land, many are its princes;
But by a man of understanding and knowledge
Right will be prolonged.

Proverbs 29:2
2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice;
But when a wicked man rules, the people groan.

1 Timothy 2:1-2
Pray for All Men
2 Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.

Acts 12:24
24 But the word of God grew and multiplied.

Psalm 68:11
11 The Lord gave the word;
Great was the company of those who proclaimed it:

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
This scripture just leaped into my heart...

He permitted no one to do them wrong; Yes, He rebuked kings for their sakes,

letskeepntouch... this scripture confirms the prayers that I've been praying concerning this election. And right now it is sealed in my heart.

Thank you so, so, so very much, for posting this and the prayer and the other scriptures. I mean it, :thankyou:

mrselle

This scripture just leaped into my heart...

He permitted no one to do them wrong; Yes, He rebuked kings for their sakes,

letskeepntouch... this scripture confirms the prayers that I've been praying concerning this election. And right now it is sealed in my heart.

Thank you so, so, so very much, for posting this and the prayer and the other scriptures. I mean it, :thankyou:

Shimmie - You won't believe this, but Psalm 105 is what I read during my quiet time this afternoon while my babies were napping. Psalm 105. Been praying all day and will continue to pray.