pregnancy hair growth anyone?

What was your pregnancy growth rate every month?

• none

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • less than 1/2 inch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/2 inch

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • 1 inch and beyond!!!

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

DivaD04

What was you hair growth like during pregnancy? Has anyone experienced extra lengths during their 9 months?

think mine was the average .5"/ mth

onejamifan

I was just looking at some pictures from when I was pregnant with my daughter and two months before she was born, I had a blunt cut at BSL. By the time she was 4 months old, my hair was WL! It seems unnatural to me, becase it was more than 6 inches in 6 months! Of course, my hair fell out in clumps shortly after and I cut my hair to SL in order to make my life easier. So yeah, my hair grew super fast and thick, but after the hormones started stabilizing again, it all fell out!!!:wallbash:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I kept waiting and waiting for that preggo growth spurt.... Nothing. Hair STILL grew slow as hell, nothing extra :perplexed

I wish I coulda got 1/2 inch an inch a month, preggo or not!

AsTheCurlzTurns

With my first pregnancy, I got great growth I'm sure. Back then I wasn't THAT into my hair so I can't say exactly how much. I just know that at the time, I was wearing some crotchet braids in my hair, and I was constantly having to redo them every 3-4 weeks because they were starting to loosen too bad.

Well it got to be too much work, so I resorted to individual braids. Heck those were even worse, I'd need to redo those every 2 weeks like clockwork.

After the baby, sure enough after a relaxer and before a trim, it was longer. Then here comes shedding city.

With my others, I didn't get that mad growth, instead everything was perfectly normal.

chavascandy

When I was pregnant, my hair went from thick Shoulder length to Extra thick Apl during my nine month pregnancy.

I loved it. I can say that my hair did not fall out in clumps, it did shed alot. But I retained the length for a long time. That is until I started over processing my hair and putting too tight weaves and not to forget bleachy colors in it.

hunnybunny81

I have fine hair so I got more thickness while I was preggers but I had the same amount of growth. I'm 8 month post partum and STILL battling this shedding..it started around 4 months post partum and I can not WAIT for it to stop...no clumps...just lots and lots of strands with those bulbs...I suppose I'd rather have shedding hair than broken hairs=)

enscott14

My first pregnancy was almost 15 years ago and although I don't remember the particulars of it I shole remember my hair! :lachen:It was absolutely gorgeous and extremely thick! The one thing I don't remember is if it shed after I gave birth. :perplexed

On April 25th I will be 9 months pregnant with my 2nd child (yes I know I waited a long time :grin:), and I've definitely grown some thicker hair. Not a lot of length, but definitely thickness. I'm worried what my hair will do after birth due to hormones. :sad:

I can say one thing though, believe it or not I had faster growth before I got pregnant. I know that seems weird, but I was taking a lot of things I can't take now and that REALLY made a difference in my hair growth. Things like organic liquid chlorophyll, organic flax oil, pantothenic acid, hair and skin vitamins, and amino acid. Those supplements really jumped my hair off something serious!

Maybe to stop the "after birth hormone hair attack" from happening, I should stock up on all of that stuff and begin taking immediately afterwards. Hmmmmmmmmm.................................:yep:

poetist

I can say one thing though, believe it or not I had faster growth before I got pregnant. I know that seems weird, but I was taking a lot of things I can't take now and that REALLY made a difference in my hair growth. Things like organic liquid chlorophyll, organic flax oil, pantothenic acid, hair and skin vitamins, and amino acid. Those supplements really jumped my hair off something serious!

Maybe to stop the "after birth hormone hair attack" from happening, I should stock up on all of that stuff and begin taking immediately afterwards. Hmmmmmmmmm.................................:yep:
Did you have to stop taking the liquid chlorophyll and pantothenic acid? I'm pregnant too and read that chlorophyll is great and gives you an extra, more natural boost of iron while pregnant. And isnt pantothenic acid just vitamin B? I've slacked off my hair vitamin game too and basically just take my prenatal and Omega 3, but sometimes I wonder if I can add some extra's to it. I guess I should talk to my doctor.

Im really worried about this shedding thing. I'm gonna find a way to prevent that...maybe some sort of invention that'll make me rich:grin:

Lady Esquire

My first pregnancy was almost 15 years ago and although I don't remember the particulars of it I shole remember my hair! :lachen:It was absolutely gorgeous and extremely thick! The one thing I don't remember is if it shed after I gave birth. :perplexed

On April 25th I will be 9 months pregnant with my 2nd child (yes I know I waited a long time :grin:), and I've definitely grown some thicker hair. Not a lot of length, but definitely thickness. I'm worried what my hair will do after birth due to hormones. :sad:

Hey Enscott, where ya been?! Congrats and good luck with the new baby!

With my last 2 babies, I abused my hair, so I cannot really give an accurate answer. I do remember with the 2nd, my ng was thicker than usual.

With this baby, I have not really paid much attention to the speed of growth. It seems average - nothing outta the ordinary. Maybe I'll get a post-natal spurt. :crossfingers:

As long as it grows, its all good to me.

I am packing a few silk pillowcases in my overnight delivery bag!!!!!!!! :yep:
Best believe I am not gonna sacrifice my hard work. :nono:

Lady Esquire

Did you have to stop taking the liquid chlorophyll and pantothenic acid? I'm pregnant too and read that chlorophyll is great and gives you an extra, more natural boost of iron while pregnant. And isnt pantothenic acid just vitamin B? I've slacked off my hair vitamin game too and basically just take my prenatal and Omega 3, but sometimes I wonder if I can add some extra's to it. I guess I should talk to my doctor.

Im really worried about this shedding thing. I'm gonna find a way to prevent that...maybe some sort of invention that'll make me rich:grin:

Curb shedding: increase your intake of garlic.

Use garlic shampoos.

For me, I used Capilo Sole & Cinnamon Rinse, a Dominican product, and girl.....lemme tell you. I have not seen any shedding in months. A few strands here and there, but nothing crazy like I use to have.

miami74

I was pregnant back to back with my two sons. I did notice afterwards that my hair was soooo thick and healthy looking. I also had a little more growth than normal. Months later after having my second son, my hair shedded like crazy :rolleyes:

Im 36 weeks and the only thing I notice is less hair in the comb when detangling. Overall this pregnancy I have had a lot of "good" hair days. Everyone says my hair looks thicker, but to me, it looks the same. Also, I've noticed a little more breakage than normal. :ohwell:

DivaD04

yall i'm asking b/c i'm NOT exspecting but we're in nagotiation stages...lol, talking about another one. i've just remember keeping my hair up until 3 mths after zamyra was born...i put a color on my hair...chocolate, and oops, my chocolate hair was right in the drain. i have never lost hair from color b4 so i was devastated. that was 3 1/2 yrs ago, now my last color b4 my bc was last year. it didn't fall out lol...but i will not put any type of color in my hair. right now im virgin and plan to be during/ after my next pregnancy.

btw...congrats ladies...on ur awaiting arrivals and 4 those who just ha ur bundle of joy!

DivaD04

Curb shedding: increase your intake of garlic.

Use garlic shampoos.

For me, I used Capilo Sole & Cinnamon Rinse, a Dominican product, and girl.....lemme tell you. I have not seen any shedding in months. A few strands here and there, but nothing crazy like I use to have.

i will have to note this

trini_rican

:yep: me too!! Can't really say how much growth I'm having. I can't see a difference other people comment on my hair alot though. It's difficult for me to remember to take my prenatal vitimins. I think it'd grow quicker if I took them religiously.

harrison

With my 1st pregnancy, I had locs. So I can't really remember as far as growth, but I remember a few months after delivery, my temples thinned out a little bit. This time, I haven't noticed much in the way of growth. I'm too nauseous to take my vitamins right now.

My hair is very thick now, so I'm not looking for thickness at all.. But I'll see what the next few months bring.

kelkel

I am 15 weeks.... and I am waiting for the growth spurt:look:. But I was thinking even if I get it ..... its gonna be bitter sweet because everyone will contribute my hair growth to my pregnancy and not to all the care I have been giving my hair... I want my kudos !!!!

Have any of you ladies taken biotin while preggers ?

DivaD04

kudos kelkel...if the walmart's one source prenatal pills has biotin, then i did:look: but not just a biotin vit

LovelyRo

I am 15 weeks.... and I am waiting for the growth spurt:look:. But I was thinking even if I get it ..... its gonna be bitter sweet because everyone will contribute my hair growth to my pregnancy and not to all the care I have been giving my hair... I want my kudos !!!!

Have any of you ladies taken biotin while preggers ?

I feel the same way and I've already gotten a comment. A friend of mine said "All this time, I've been asking you what you've been doing to you hair and you knew (referring to my pregnancy) all along." I'm 16 weeks and the first time she asked me about my hair I was all of 2 weeks preggers (mid January)... so that definately wasn't the reasoning then. I've been taking care of my hair since June 2007 and I'm going to continue to do so.