Prewash (should I include in my regimen?)/Moisturizing Conditioner Recs

Sweet C

I'm in the middle of reforming my hair care regimen. My hair is about close to an inch past myshoulders and is relaxed 4a. Here is a breakdown of what I have planned thus far:

*Possible pre-wash
Shampoo: Keracare Hydrating Detangling, but if hair has buildup, first use clarifying shampoo, which is Fantasia IC Tea Trea Shampoo
Conditioner: alternate with protein and moisturizing each week
Protein Week-alternate b/t Affirm Super Reconstructor and Mizani Fulfyl; then finish off with Tropical Avocado Conditioner
Moisturizing Week-Humecto Creme Conditioner (also might look into another moisturizing one here, but it will definitely be something a bit cheaper, suggestions welcome)

So I am trying to figure out if I want to add a prewash or not. I have been recently doing hot oil treatments after the first shampoo with either EVOO or Taliah Waajid oil. And they are cool, but I want to see if there is a difference b/t doing a prewash vs. the hot oil for my hair.

So my question is does anyone do a prewash? If so, do you do it with wet hair, dry hair, and do u include heat (i.e. heating cap)? Do you prefer it over a hot oil and does it make your first wash easier? Also any moisturizing conditioner or general regimen comments are more than welcome :)

brazenxvirtue

I've tried it a few times and I did it with wet hair. Once I tried GPB on dry hair like the bottle recommended, but that was :nono: to get out.

My only general tip is the lighter the shampoo, the lighter the prepoo. It's awful when the oils, etc. are heavier than the shampoo can deal with.

Sweet C

Allandra said:
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner is a very good moisturizing conditioner.

Is Kenra something I can get from like a Walmart or Target? Or would I need to a store like a trade secret?

Allandra

Sweet C said:
Is Kenra something I can get from like a Walmart or Target? Or would I need to a store like a trade secret?
It's not sold at Walmart or Target. You can get it from Trade Secret.

lsubabiedee

brazenxvirtue said:
My only general tip is the lighter the shampoo, the lighter the prepoo. It's awful when the oils, etc. are heavier than the shampoo can deal with.

That's very good advice and something I had to learn the hard way.

I do a prewash about once a week or so as a deep conditioning treatment.

baglady215

I do all kinds of prepoos... On wet hair, dry hair, with heat, without, with a hot towel under the plastic camp (love this). My prepoos usually include oil... Either entirely oil or oil mixed with honey or a cheapie conditioner. I'm gonna try this coconut milk as a prepoo this week. I don't do them with every wash, but I do find them to be beneficial.

As far as moisturizing conditioner recs, either NTM Daily Deep Conditioner or Mask, or ORS Replenishing Pak. Both can be found at drugstores/Walmart. HTH!