problem with boyfriend (kinda long)

sexy c

Me and my boyfriend have been on and off since high school. We dated four years in high school broke up and then my friend Keisha spotted him at the gas station(she knew I wasnt over him) and gave him my number, he stayed out of town and eventually we broke up again because of the distance. Then my friend (keisha) spotted him again and he lives back in town and we are still together we are currently living together and now its going downhill. I get mad over everything (if he doesnt clean the way i like, or clean when i tell him too). I hates when he leaves the house. and everytime we argue i tell him does he want to break up. I really love him and I dont, i cant understand whats wrong with me. I think we are meant to be together, the same person keeps hooking us back up. What the problem:( Sometimes I think its the devil, and he is making me act out to lose a good man

sexy c said:
Me and my boyfriend have been on and off since high school. We dated four years in high school broke up and then my friend Keisha spotted him at the gas station(she knew I wasnt over him) and gave him my number, he stayed out of town and eventually we broke up again because of the distance.

Then my friend (keisha) spotted him again and he lives back in town and we are still together we are currently living together and now its going downhill. I get mad over everything (if he doesnt clean the way i like, or clean when i tell him too). I hates when he leaves the house. and everytime we argue i tell him does he want to break up.

I really love him and I dont, i cant understand whats wrong with me. I think we are meant to be together, the same person keeps hooking us back up. What the problem:( Sometimes I think its the devil, and he is making me act out to lose a good man

:kiss: "God protects those whom He loves." I believe the Lord is saving and protecting you from a harsh future if this should continue. This relationship is out of order; and when something is out of order, it ceases to work.

We cannot live with someone as though we were married when we are indeed not married to them. No matter who it seems to 'work' for, (e.g. other couples who co-habitate), it will eventually go wrong; especially for those of us whom God has plans for otherwise.

In your heart of hearts what is the Lord telling you? Just take time to 'be still' and allow yourself to hear from the heart of God. What is He speaking to you? What do you see when you read God's word? Write down the scriptures that God brings into your heart.

Deep down, I believe you know that this is not where you belong. It's been over long before it began and you've outgrown the level that the two of you were once in-love upon. Seek God's answers and move on with where God wants you and your friend to be.

More {{{{ Hugs }}}} Angel...;)

I totally agree with Shimmie by the way

Here are some questions you need to ask yourself and maybe him also.

1. If your guardian angel was asked to describe you and your behaviors to another angel what would your guardian angel say about your life...

1a. Where is God on the priority list in life, and list 10 actions I do consistently that proves it. (for example: God is #3 on my list before myself and my job, and one action that proves it, is I work overtime that go to prayer meeting or pray or whatever)

2.What are 10 good qualities about him/yourself that make you great marriage material (excluding sexiness, physical attributes)

3. What 5 things would I lose if I let go of this relationship (excluding "companionship")

4. What 5 thins would I gain if I let go of this relationship?

5. What is the ideal in my mind of myself I am trying to reach? and my ideal life. List 5 things that are now hindering that ideal and five things i am doing to go further toward this ideal...

6. Do i truly think this ideal is attainable/reasonable/rational?

I give you these questions just to help you put stuff out there on paper, and take a hard look at the situation. Sometimes stepping back and assessing can get your mind convinced to make the right choice... its getting the heart to follow that is the hard part. But believe it or not your mind can control your heart and lead it correctly, but it takes discipline

You may be going through something I call Tarzan syndrome (I had an acute case of it back in the day). Its when you know you want to move onto the next man(rope) but you won't let go of him (the rope) until you have a hold of the next man(rope) whether it be literally or emotionally. Like tarzan swings through the jungle, he would fall if he let go of the last rope and didn't have another planned or grabbing the next one. B

BUT the difference is that in life we won't fall we actually need to let go of one man, grieve it, take time to assess, learn from the situation, adjust what we need to in our lives so we can grow closer to God, THEN God will bring you the next rope or man...

Just throwing things out there to help you through this.

God truly loves you and is wanting to help you through this. Ask and you shall receive. Seek Him and you will find him. Knock at the door of oppurtunity to know and understand God more and it will be opened unto you. His promises are GUARANTEED

I agree this is a great post. I'm not in a relationship but I will keep those questions in mind.

I don't really have any solid advice but I would say just be still. It has to be a real reason (whether you admit it or not) that you are acting out. Since you all live together do you spend enough time apart? Perhaps you can start there.

And remember if it is meant to be...it will be (stay encouraged boo --In the words of Kirk Franklin)

I commend you on coming to the Christian Fellowship site for your questions. I agree with all the sound, Godly advice you have received from the other ladies. As it has been stated...Marriage is honorable in the sight of the Lord, and the bed undefiled. You may be experiencing difficulties because you are out of God's will. Pray about your situation, and ask God to guide you. Then heed his advice. It may seem hard at first, but God will honor your faithfulness. Learn to delight yourself in Him, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Be blessed and stay encouraged!

Back