Product Twins- lets list

chebaby

elasta qp dpr11 = miss key 10 en 1. they look and smell the same but i have only used the 10 en 1 and didnt like it.

sound

Nexxus Humectress=Suave Humectant, right?

I'm going to venture out and ask,

is Nexxus Humectress = KeraCare Humecto? They also look similar to me but I haven't tried Humecto YET :lachen:.

:nono:

oh heeeeeck NO. My hair LOVES Nexxus Humectress. Suave Humectant DRIED my hair out! It may work the same for some, but I know my hair was MAD I tried to go cheap that day! Humectress actually cleaned up the mess Humctant left.

LaidBak

Mizani Intense Night time treatment = Optimum oil therapy overnight strengthener
I was so mad when I bought the Mizani and realized it was the same stuff!

LaidBak

What?????:perplexed You got to be Kidding?:ohwell:
Nope, not kidding. I bought the Mizani in my early days here because I was looking for a breakage remedy. I was hot too because I already had the Optimum stuff in my stash. That taught me the lesson to open and smell all products in the store before I buy them.

lusciousladie07

Bumpity Bump.... This is great for people to know the cheaper alternatives to the more expense stuff....

***WARNING*** Could induce a PJ attack!!!!!!

iNicola

Wonderful thread! I'm trying hard not to be a PJ but it's nice to know the alternatives to certain products, especially the high end stuff.

AnotherLevel

What a great idea:
Sabino Moisture Block = Bumble and Bumble Defrizz
They have the same two forms of silicone and nothing else.

Great idea!!

Gonna do a triplet...

Keracare Silken Seal = Afrocare Silk Drop = John Freida Frizz Ease Serum - Extra Strength

Aveda Hair Detoxifier = Mizani Puriphying Shampoo.

KERACARE SILKEN SEAL = SABINO MOISTURE BLOCK
They have the same two forms of silicone and nothing else (also).... so, that means Keracare Silken Seal = Sabino Moisture Block = Bumble and Bumble Defrizz... which are all very similar to Afrocare Silk Drop and John Freida Frizz Ease Serum-Extra Strength??

Boy... marketing sure is clever!!

aprils13

Nexxus Keraphix= CB smoothie Reconstructor[/quote]

What does the CB stand for? Because I'm almost out of the keraphix and I think it being discontinued.

CokoQt

Mizani Intense Night time treatment = Optimum oil therapy overnight strengthener
I was so mad when I bought the Mizani and realized it was the same stuff!

Thanks! I was just in Kmart and saw the Optimum Overnight treatment and I thought the ingredients were VERY similar, but I didn't get it because I wanted to make sure. I am almost out of the Mizani Night treatment so I am going to get the Optimum one next.

adw425

This is timely as I was upstairs an hour ago and looked at the ingredients of the Giovanni smooth as silk deeper moisture and the Trader Joes Nourish Spa and the ingredients are exactly the same in the exact same order except near the end the Giovanni lists soybean extract and TJs lists vitamin E. My hair feels the exact same after using both and both are the ONLY conditioners that I can use as a leave-in. Whenever I have tried to use any other conditioner (cheap, not so cheap and expensive) as a leave-in my hair came out a frizzy tacky mess.

tresseme heat tamer=V05 Extreme Heat Defense Spray
v05
Water (Aqua, Eau), Amodimethicone, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Pvp, Polysorbate 20, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium Edta, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopherylacetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin, Fragrance (Parfum), Butylphenyl Methylproponal, Limonene, Linalool, Hysroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. This Product Contains A Maximum of 6% Vocs

Tresseme
Water (Aqua), Amodimethicone, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, DMDM Hydantoin, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Niacinamide, Biotin, Fragrance (Parfum), Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone

chebaby

jane carter nourish and shine = natural oasis hair butter
trader joes nourish spa conditioner = giovanni deeper moisture conditioner

HERicane10

EQP Intense Conditioner
Water/aqua, Hexadecanol, Quatemium-18,squalane,Hydrolyzed Silk Protein, Cetrimonium Bromide, Stearyl Alcohol, Extracts of Chamomile, Nettle, Birch, Rosemary, Coltsfoot(plant), Horsetail(Plant), Lemon balm, Sage, Horse Chestnut, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Methylparaben, Imidazolidnyl Urea,Benzophenone-4,Fragrance, FD&C yellow no.5

Lacio Lacio
WATER, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, HYDROLIZED SILK, DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL, CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, PANTHENOL, DMDM HYDANTOIN, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE, COLORANT FREE.

:yep::yep:

LaidBak

Creme of Nature Porosity Corrector = Roux Porosity Control
They even smell the same! The CoN is cheaper.

taz007

Ok, here are the ingredients (and they do look very similar, uggh):

Optimum Oil Therapy

Water - Aqua , Mineral Oil - Paraffinum Liquidum , Glycerin , Petrolatum , Cetearyl Alcohol , PEG-100 Stearate , Glyceryl Stearate , Polysorbate 20 , Paraffin , Dimethicone , Dicetyl Phosphate , Olive Fruit Oil - Olea Europaea , Jojoba Seed Oil - Simmondsia Chinensis , Coconut Oil - Cocos Nucifera , Avocado Oil - Persea Gratissima , Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protei , Sucrose , Fragrance - Parfum , Ceteth-10 Phosphate , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Triethanolamine , Disodium EDTA , Laureth-23 , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride , Amyl Cinnamal , Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde , Benzyl Salicylate , Limonene , Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone , Citronellol , 2-Oleamido-1-3 Octadecanediol

Mizani H2O Intense Night-Time

Aqua/Water, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Petrolatum, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Paraffin, Dimethicone, Ceteareth-20, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Parfum/Fragrance, Methylparaben, Dimethylpabamidopropyl Laurdimonium Tosylate, Panthenol, Propylparaben, Triethanolamine, Laureth-23, Butyrospermum Parkii/Shea Butter, Chamomilla Recutita/Matricaria Extract, Butylphenyl Methypropional, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Coumarin, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Tocopherol, Linalool, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus/Sunflower Seed Oil.