Product Twins- lets list

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Thanks. I thought so. (Jar). I had it before back in the day.

Girl, return the Mizani to Penney's.:look: They'll take it back. And either get a credit, your money or something else.:grin:

LaidBak

LB-- Girl, You are a Mess.:lachen: Thanks for this one too. I'll be looking for this as a replacement when I run out of the Roux.

I stumbled across this by accident in the BSS. My LHCF training kicked in and I read the ingredients and took a whiff. CoN has the exact same ingredients Roux. It makes sense. Both CoN and Roux were both connected to Revlon at one point (or still are?)

Dang, I probably shouldn't post this. I think my BSS owner lurks here. He might raise the price!! Keep it on the low-low y'all! :sekret:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I stumbled across this by accident in the BSS. My LHCF training kicked in and I read the ingredients and took a whiff. CoN has the exact same ingredients Roux. It makes sense. Both CoN and Roux were both connected to Revlon at one point (or still are?)

I Salute Both You and Your LHCF Training. Good Looking Out.:look: It is on my list.

Thanks Girl.:grin:

*let me know if you find anything else, while you're scoping things out, you know we always buy the same products*

Especially since I am "supposedly" on Product Shopping Hiatus.:sekret:

LaidBak

I Salute Both You and Your LHCF Training. Good Looking Out.:look: It is on my list.

Thanks Girl.:grin:

*let me know if you find anything else, while you're scoping things out, you know we always buy the same products*

Especially since I am "supposedly" on Product Shopping Hiatus.:sekret:

Oh no doubt! As soon as I have an 'aha' moment I have to run tell dat to my LHCF sistas.

nymane

Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Conditioner for Long Hair

Ingredients
Water , Stearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Raspberry Juice - Rubus Idaeus , Hydrolyzed Silk , Glutamic Acid , Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone , Fragrance , Benzyl Alcohol , EDTA , Citric Acid , Propylene Glycol , Sodium Chloride , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Red 33

Aussie Moist Conditioner

Ingredients
Water , Stearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Glutamic Acid , Fragrance , Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone , Benzyl Alcohol , EDTA , Ecklonia Radiata Extract Australian Sea Kelp , Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil Jojoba , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Extract , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone

tailormade84

Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Conditioner for Long Hair

Ingredients
Water , Stearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Raspberry Juice - Rubus Idaeus , Hydrolyzed Silk , Glutamic Acid , Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone , Fragrance , Benzyl Alcohol , EDTA , Citric Acid , Propylene Glycol , Sodium Chloride , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Red 33

Aussie Moist Conditioner

Ingredients
Water , Stearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Glutamic Acid , Fragrance , Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone , Benzyl Alcohol , EDTA , Ecklonia Radiata Extract Australian Sea Kelp , Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil Jojoba , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Extract , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone

no ma'am....these 2 products act completely different on my protein-sensitive 4b natural hair :nono:

CurliDiva

Are people really using both products or just comparing the labels?

You could list the ingredients (water sugar and lemons) and have two separate things/products: lemonade or a lemon glaze.

:rolleyes:Just curious….

Kimiche

Roux Porosity Control Conditioner = Cream of Nature Porosity Control (more for your money with CON)

I know there are others I've come across but I have to think of them.
Thanks for starting this Gym.

Thanks! I will check out the Creme of Nature Porosity Control if I can find it. :yep:

LaidBak

no ma'am....these 2 products act completely different on my protein-sensitive 4b natural hair :nono:

Agreed. HE LTR has hydrolyzed silk, which my protein sensitive hair can only handle in small amounts. The Aussie product does not.
Not sure those two qualify as twins with all those ingredient differences.

janaq2003

nexxus heat protexx = tresemme heat tamer spray

the tresseme has almost the exact same ingredients as nexxus, so i use that one instead! and for less than $3.50 at wal-mart it's much nicer on my college-sized pockets than the protexx.
I've been using this for a minute. It definitely gets the job done!:yep:

LaidBak

Attachments

• compare 001.jpg
    compare 001.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 22
  • compare 003.jpg
    compare 003.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 19
  • compare 006.jpg
    compare 006.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 16

Glitter

Bump!

Anyone know of a good replacement for Biosilk? I've been trying to find one for a hot second. And I second the tresemme heat tamer vs the nexxus heat spray...it's truly the same (except for all the money you'll be saving).

I am SHOCKED over the Mizani H20 vs Optimum Care Overnight. I was going to buy Mizani tomorrow...my stylist swears by it and it has given me good results. But sometimes, when I don't catch Mizani on sale it literally costs me $20. I would love to get OCO for $5 and have enough left over to buy my groceries.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I am SHOCKED over the Mizani H20 vs Optimum Care Overnight. I was going to buy Mizani tomorrow...my stylist swears by it and it has given me good results. But sometimes, when I don't catch Mizani on sale it literally costs me $20. I would love to get OCO for $5 and have enough left over to buy my groceries.

Yeah....Well....You know that old saying when something sounds "too good to be true":look:

I thought I could get away with buying the Optimum Overnight as oppose to the Mizani too:nono: IMO: No Comparison.

Needless to say: I went back to the Mizani with the Quickness and Did not Hesitate.:roadrunner:

Glitter

[/i]

Yeah....Well....You know that old saying when something sounds "too good to be true":look:

I thought I could get away with buying the Optimum Overnight as oppose to the Mizani too:nono: IMO: No Comparison.

Needless to say: I went back to the Mizani with the Quickness and Did not Hesitate.:roadrunner:

Could you please talk about your experience with Optimum? What was so bad about it? I'm sorry to press this, but this is my one weekend to buy hair products. After reading this thread, I put Optimum Overnight on my list but now am wondering if I should just stick with Mizani.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, do you use other Mizani products? My hair LOVES the H20 cream and I'm wondering if the other products in this line are as good.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Could you please talk about your experience with Optimum? What was so bad about it? I'm sorry to press this, but this is my one weekend to buy hair products. After reading this thread, I put Optimum Overnight on my list but now am wondering if I should just stick with Mizani.

Not A Bother At All. That's What we're Here For.:yep: Okay......Let's See:

The "feel of the product was well.....let me say: "cheap":look: and the consistency was well.....how do you say: "thin" and truthfully for me the Overall performance was "Blah":yawn:

And Me, Being the Straight Up PJ that I am, bought 3 Jars, thinking well, it's only $5 bucks and some change, so even with 3 Jars, I am still well ahead of the Game Right??????:wallbash:

Put it this way, I have a Corner left. The Other 2 Jars I mailed to a coupla' Ladies here that also used Mizani Nighttime (that read this thread and wanted to try the Optimum). One, told me she'll use it up because she doesn't "believe in" wasting products, and the other one.....actually never said:rolleyes: So, I figure she felt the same way we did.

IMHO, it was having a $5.00 Product Trying to Stand Up to a $20.00 Product.:blush:

If you have mediocre expectations, you can try it. But don't try it and expect it to be: Mizani.:look:

btw: In reference to the other part of your question: I had the Mizani Moisturebath Shampoo that I sent to someone, because I very rarely use "shampoo" and I thought it was "conditioner":nono: (didn't have on my readers and was too lazy to take it back).

I use to use the Rose in the past and liked it, and I will be relaxing with the Butter Blends this weekend.

iNicola

One, told me she'll use it up because she doesn't "believe in" wasting products, and the other one.....actually never said:rolleyes: So, I figure she felt the same way we did.
Which one am I? :lachen: I'm still finishing up my first container of nighttime treatment so I haven't gotten the chance to use the Optimum and report back.

ETA: You know the last thing I need is several open containers LOL

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Which one am I? :lachen: I'm still finishing up my first container of nighttime treatment so I haven't gotten the chance to use the Optimum and report back.

ETA: You know the last thing I need is several open containers LOL

2nd One.:lachen:And You're Right. Neither one of us need several open nothings.....................:rolleyes:

MissB

I have the Optimum version of the night time treatment. I haven't opened the bottle yet. I will give it to my mom and just go get the Mizani version.

Thanks for the updates!

taz007

[/I]

ITA!!! I just stalked up on some more of that expensive Mizani. I still have that Optimum but I ... just ... can't ... put ... it ... in ... my ... hair :nono: