Progress update for the SGO challenge

DangerouslyShy

This is my progress pics from Febuary 27th, I couldnt upload for the longest I finally tried today and it worked...

I had just washed and dried my hair....i would say i have about an inch of new growth....

http://public.fotki.com/DangerouslyShy/growth_challenge/feb_27_2005/

I get my next relaxer on wednesday so I didnt quite make it to 12 weeks..around 11 weeks...I will update my album with post texturizer pictures on Wednesday....

Here are the pics of my protective style from this time frame....some asked for me to update on how my hair was doing....

http://public.fotki.com/DangerouslyShy/dshy_hairstyles/sew-in_weaves/update_-sew-in/

Hair2day

I am so impressed by your porgress. When you wear your sew ins are you shampooing your hair? It so, how often?

DangerouslyShy

UmSumayyah thank u for the compliment!!:)

Shatani....lolgirl i do not know whats going on its been like that for a few weeks for me...

oglorious1 I used Remi Indian Hair....I got it from a mass hair order that we did on BHM...that ended up going crazy...lots of drama involved with this hair...but there are many suppliers that sell the hair if you want some info pm me...

Thank you hair2day...im surprised by my progress...my hair was at a stand still because i wasnt taking care of it at all...I shampoo i actually dilute the shampoo with water and than i use an infusium bottle that I had..and i spray it down inbetween my cornrows and massage it in....than rinse with my shower head....

Thanks jaded!!!

Hair2day

DangerouslyShy said:
Thank you hair2day...im surprised by my progress...my hair was at a stand still because i wasnt taking care of it at all...I shampoo i actually dilute the shampoo with water and than i use an infusium bottle that I had..and i spray it down inbetween my cornrows and massage it in....than rinse with my shower head....

Thanks for responding.:)

cece22

Go Shy! Girl your hair has really grown I am shocked at all of your progress. The protective styling has really been working for you. I also love your weave what did you do to it? I have some straight hair from that mass order left over I never even looked at it. But I am still skeptical about weaves breaking my hair.

star

Your hair looks great and it is very thick. Keep up the good work. :lol:

DangerouslyShy said:
This is my progress pics from Febuary 27th, I couldnt upload for the longest I finally tried today and it worked...

I had just washed and dried my hair....i would say i have about an inch of new growth....

http://public.fotki.com/DangerouslyShy/growth_challenge/feb_27_2005/

I get my next relaxer on wednesday so I didnt quite make it to 12 weeks..around 11 weeks...I will update my album with post texturizer pictures on Wednesday....

Here are the pics of my protective style from this time frame....some asked for me to update on how my hair was doing....

http://public.fotki.com/DangerouslyShy/dshy_hairstyles/sew-in_weaves/update_-sew-in/

carameldiva

I agree- your hair looks great shy. i changed a couple of things in my routine so hopefully i will see results soon as well. i am now using shapley's mtg at nite and applying a baggie over my head and using shealoe butter in the a.m. after my conditioner wash. I have been doing this for 4 days- so far so good.

DangerouslyShy

carameldiva said:
I agree- your hair looks great shy. i changed a couple of things in my routine so hopefully i will see results soon as well. i am now using shapley's mtg at nite and applying a baggie over my head and using shealoe butter in the a.m. after my conditioner wash. I have been doing this for 4 days- so far so good.
What is shapley's mtg if you dont mind asking ? and where did you get your sheaAloe butter from? I was looking for some.:)

thanks ladies,

cece I bought the curly hair...so all i did was wash it with garnier and put some NTM deep recovery mask on it...and the curls just popped!!

carameldiva

hi Shy, Shapley's Mane-tail-Groom is a oil hair conditioner manufactured for horses. It was first formulated in 1938 for bald men to help them regrow hair and worked so well that it was tried on horses and has been used since then. It is a stinky oil smells like bacon grease and sulfur. but once you get past the smell it's great. It has really made my hair soft and given my hair a healthy sheen. There is a thread on here called MTG hair conditioner and there is a young lady that has gotten great success using this product as well as several others. I first heard about it on www.blackhairmedia.com under the hair growth section. Testimonials on the website state that one horse got 3 inches in one month. i got mine from www.farmvet.com for $12.99 for 32 oz. Lots of the ladies are using it daily and one lady has her sons using it as well. But do a search for shapley's mtg and you'll find a lot more info on here. good luck.

I got my shealoe butter from www.fromnaturewithlove.com a two-pound tub is $17.50, i got 4 lbs. and i love it, it is very light and fluffy. My hair is very moisturized after using it.

Cowgirl

dontspeakdefeat said:
Looking good!! It looks like more than an inch to me!

Happy Continued Growth!

DangerouslyShy

carameldiva said:
hi Shy, Shapley's Mane-tail-Groom is a oil hair conditioner manufactured for horses. It was first formulated in 1938 for bald men to help them regrow hair and worked so well that it was tried on horses and has been used since then. It is a stinky oil smells like bacon grease and sulfur. but once you get past the smell it's great. It has really made my hair soft and given my hair a healthy sheen. There is a thread on here called MTG hair conditioner and there is a young lady that has gotten great success using this product as well as several others. I first heard about it on www.blackhairmedia.com under the hair growth section. Testimonials on the website state that one horse got 3 inches in one month. i got mine from www.farmvet.com for $12.99 for 32 oz. Lots of the ladies are using it daily and one lady has her sons using it as well. But do a search for shapley's mtg and you'll find a lot more info on here. good luck.

I got my shealoe butter from www.fromnaturewithlove.com a two-pound tub is $17.50, i got 4 lbs. and i love it, it is very light and fluffy. My hair is very moisturized after using it.
Thanks caramel...

have you tried it yet?

carameldiva

Yes i have shy, been using it for about 5 days now, it really moisturizes well and make my hair very soft and gives it a nice healthy sheen. I don't know about growth yet. I am getting my roots colored on friday and getting a trim as well to get rid of the splits i saw- last trim was jan. This trim is for growth based on a moonphase schedule which i will follow for the rest of the year so after this trim my next one will be on July 6 and November 9. Hopefully this works in addition to the use of shapleys mtg and shealoe butter. i will keep you guys posted and i am taking pics to track my own progress. i can tell that my hair has grown a lot since my last pic i took on Jan. 31. i just trimming now to keep this splits at bay.