Protein conditioner before neutralizing....

Ms_Twana

For those relaxed ladies that do the protein conditioner in between rinsing the relaxer out and using a neutralizer, what protein conditioner or treatment are you using???

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Twana, Here's a few more that I have in my Stash, but Haven't used yet, because I haven't gotten around to using them during the Relaxing Process but will::grin:

1) AG Fast Food Reconstructor
2) Millennia Mud Volanic Ash Reconstructor
3) AO GPB
4) Redken Deep Fuel
5) Redken Rescue Force
6) Giovanni Nutra-Fix

Barbie83

last night I used Aphogee 2 min for a few minutes before neutralizing. This is my first time incorporating protein into my relaxer routine and I can deifnitely tell the difference!

PinkAngel

I use Designer Touch After Chemical Treatment (Post Perm Treatment is the old name for it). I have used Aphogee 2 min when I was using relaxers that didn't include this step.

exubah

I use Designer Touch After Chemical Treatment (Post Perm Treatment is the old name for it). I have used Aphogee 2 min when I was using relaxers that didn't include this step.

I forgot about this...I just switched back to using Designer Touch Sensitive Scalp Treatment Relaxer so yes I do use the PPT (Post Perm Treatment) that is included in the pack.

bedazzled

Are you supposed to use a light protein like 2 minute, a hard protein like aphogee 2 step or a protein rinse out like mane n tail? Im curious because ive always wanted to try this.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Are you supposed to use a light protein like 2 minute, a hard protein like aphogee 2 step or a protein rinse out like mane n tail? Im curious because ive always wanted to try this.

A Light to Medium Protein Treatment after Rinsing and before Neutralizing.

You would incorporate the 2 Step (Heavy Protein) One Week Prior to Relaxing. Based on a million of the other threads about this same topic out there: In the 2 weeks leading up to relaxing

3) Clarify
2) Protein Treatment (for example your 2-Step)
1) Relax

A Week or 2 after Relaxing I normally do another Light to Medium Protein Treatment.:yep:

Ms_Twana

A Light to Medium Protein Treatment after Rinsing and before Neutralizing.

You would incorporate the 2 Step (Heavy Protein) One Week Prior to Relaxing. Based on a million of the other threads about this same topic out there: In the 2 weeks leading up to relaxing

3) Clarify
2) Protein Treatment (for example your 2-Step)
1) Relax

A Week or 2 after Relaxing I normally do another Light to Medium Protein Treatment.:yep:

So what would Motions CPR be considered: light, medium, or heavy??

I will be self texlaxing for the first time at the end of October. I've read Sistaslick's article on relaxing (a couple times, and I'll read it a couple more times before I relax). So now I'm just working on what products I'll use in the process.

Now this makes me want to start a thread asking ladies what products they use in their relaxer process. There's a self relaxer's support thread isn't there??

Kellum

I use Affirm Fibergurad Sustenance Fortifying Treatment and sometime mix it with Nexxus Keraphix.

jerseygurl

Not a new member
I've used Ultrasheen Duo Tex but with my last relaxer, I used Ion Protein Reconstructor. Loved it hair was neutralized and the shampoo wasn't really necessary

Ann816

I just bought Designer Touch PPT Saturday, what do you think about it? Do you use it as a protein treatment after every wash?

Thanks!

Ann

poookie

i would use either nexxus keraphix, kenra moisturizing conditioner, or joico kpak reconstructor. i'd leave it on for 15 minutes, rinse, then neutralize, and deep condition as usual.