Protein Filler for Touch Ups?

la mosca

I'm thinking of coating my previously-relaxed hair with a Neutral Protein Filler (by Colorful Products) in preparation for a touch up next week. Has anyone tried this?

Neutral Protein Filler is actually designed for use in conjunction with hair color touch ups. (I'll probably combine it with CHI Silk Infusion.) Here's the product description from the Sally Beauty Supply website:

• Equalizes hair porosity for even color absorption and development
  • Repairs previously damaged protein bonds
  • Protects hair against new chemical damage
  • Seals color within the cortex
  • Adds body, volume and a lustrous sheen

PinkAngel

I mix a capful w/ my relaxer. Quite a few ladies use a protein from Style One, but I use a Protein Filler from Sally's.

MonPetite

ABSOLUTELY! :yep:

I did this relaxed AND added it to the relaxer. I also add it to all my DCs and do it right before messing around with demi-color.

See my Sally's album for my detailed review.

la mosca

I mix a capful w/ my relaxer. Quite a few ladies use a protein from Style One, but I use a Protein Filler from Sally's.

Thanks, msshic!

ABSOLUTELY! :yep:

I did this relaxed AND added it to the relaxer. I also add it to all my DCs and do it right before messing around with demi-color.

See my Sally's album for my detailed review.

littlegoldlamb, loved your review. ("Huzzah" -- hilarious!) I took a cue from you and let the Neutral Protein Filler airdry in my hair overnight. I'm going to add a little extra product to the ends before my touch up. Can't wait to see the results.

I just started using this.......I'm not sure if it adds body and sheen and volume.

gorgeoushair, what have your results been like?

la mosca

Ok, I'm at the salon (sitting under the dryer with conditioner in my hair). Looking forward to the results. Good or bad, there will be pix!

la mosca

Ok, here's a quick report on the results. My hair turned out great. It feels silky and strong, and my ends feel brand new. I'm going to add the protein filler pre-relaxer step to my reggie.

Attachments

• 319946951.jpg
    319946951.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 41