Q-Redew, The New HandHeld Steamer

MsLizziA

So the good folks over at Q-Redew.com was nice enough to send me the new handheld steamer! I just got it today and i haven't tried it yet but it's way bigger than i thought it would be. It has a compartment for water to go into and here are some more deets!

What is Q-Redew?

The Q-Redew uses warm mist to enhance your hair's volume and texture. The Q-Redew reshapes and restyles dry hair in minutes.

No mess, no fuss, no chemicals - just water.

The innovative Q-Redew tool allows perfect styling control in minutes without rewetting or shampooing. You apply the Q-Redew's warm mist to reshape, volumize and style your locks. Boost your curls, lift flat hair, transform bedhead to your best hairstyle.

The Q-Redew disperses gentle warm mist into the cuticle of dry hair to naturally moisturize the strand leaving your hair dry, but revitalized.

Fill reservoir with water. Plug in to heat up the Q-Redew. Press the trigger to release the steam. Can be used with rollers or clips to control shaping.

It retails for about $70 bucks but i am giving 2 away at my KinksNKisses Twitter Party on the 27th to the ticket holders at the party! Tickets are $5 bucks but for my LHCF sister i have temporarily dropped the price to $3.75 but i will only leave it like that until tomorrow night!

Again, i will do a full review on youtube but imagine how amped i was when i cam home to this early Xmas Gift! :grin::drunk:

Last edited:

robot.

Is that picture before or after you used it?

I'm in the twa stage and don't mind rewetting but I know I will as it gets to that in between stage. My curls are tight so I can't shake and go like some folks. :lol:

MsLizziA

Is that picture before or after you used it?

I'm in the twa stage and don't mind rewetting but I know I will as it gets to that in between stage. My curls are tight so I can't shake and go like some folks. :lol:

Robot this was the before lol. I just opened it and took a picture

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i don't see how a hand held steamer would be efficient. would you just steam sections of your head at a time?:perplexed

JBunnie

I'm interested to see someone who uses this product to refresh their curls as opposed to DC'ing their hair. I just don't want to hold a steamer to my hair so 20 - 30 minutes to DC. But if I want to refresh my curls I wouldn't want to pull out a big steamer either. And I always worry about my hair getting wet in he shower when I try and steam to refresh that way.

ecadnacmc

I don't know if I'm just a product junkie but the way she used it to detangle her hair made me want to buy it + the possibility of 3 and 4 day hair with the steam.

JBunnie

ecadnacmc, :lol: I felt like a product junkie when I made my post. Like I'm just being lazy and making up reasons to buy something else. But I look at it from a fashion stylists perspective. Every stylist I know has a standing steamer and a handheld, so why can't it be the same for hair steamers?!

JBunnie

LexiDior, I'm going to say no, not if used properly. Like she said don't hold it to your scalp because it will burn. But I can't imagine with how popular standing steamers have become and how much they are advocated for in conjunction with our expanding knowledge of healthy hair care practices that it would cause heat damage if used properly.

LexiDior

I think this product has a lot of potential in other areas besides DCing. We just need people to buy and review.

NefertariBlu

I am not convinced about this. It looks heavy, and she had to fill it up twice in one session. Also the thing cuts off after 5 mins. Ain't no body got time for that! I'll stick to my stand steamer that doesn't shut of after 5mins and gives more steam.

This just looks time consuming and complicated than necessary. The novelty will wear off pretty soon l think.

Last edited:

Natty_Virgo

Hmm I think I am too lazy to hold that to my hair for 30 minutes but like someone else mentioned if it can refresh the curls that would be cool.

Perfexion

I was wondering what the heck this thing does. I saw it on NaturalJael's blog and I was trying to figure out what it's supposed to do. Despite my strong product junkie-ism I don't think I have the kind of hair that can be steamed back to life on the second or third day. I'm going to need to see more reviews with before and after pics before I decide if this thing is worth buying.

NaturalJael

I was wondering what the heck this thing does. I saw it on NaturalJael's blog and I was trying to figure out what it's supposed to do. Despite my strong product junkie-ism I don't think I have the kind of hair that can be steamed back to life on the second or third day. I'm going to need to see more reviews with before and after pics before I decide if this thing is worth buying.

Thanks for the tag Perfexion. I tried the Q-Redew on loose hair using it like a steamer. I think the it would benefit me most if I used it as a styling tool to steam my twisted hair. If anyone is interested, here is my review of the Q-Redew

JBunnie

After going to the official website and reading about it and watching that video on the front page it seems as though the purpose of it is to in fact refresh your curls and not DC your hair. The video was convincing, her curls really do come back to life after using the steamer and it takes her less than 7 minutes (plus she was talking so I'm sure that adds a minute or two to the process). It's something I would be interested in purchasing once my heat damage grows out.