Question for the Jazzing Users

ThursdayGirl

Hi Ladies,

I had a couple of questions. I have used Jazzing before ... usually Red Hot or Ruby Red and...it comes off on my clothes /images/graemlins/shocked.gif... typically around my neckline. I notice this for several washes (basically until the stuff has almost washed out completely).

Does this happen to you? If not what do you do to keep it from happening?

Is there another rinse that is good (read semi-permanent but not so temporary that it comes out in 1 or 2 washes)... and doesn't come off on your clothes?

I liked one of the colors from the Beautiful collection by Clairol...but it washed out the second or 3rd time I washed my hair. I have also tried Natural Insticts and it washed out quickly as well.

Thanks for your help!
-Jueves

ms_kenesha

When I use Jazzing (usu. Cherry Coke) I first protect my skin around the hairline with vaseline and when I apply the Jazzing I sit under the dryer for 15-20 minutes. This way it works as more of a semi-perm color instead of a rinse and will not bleed onto your skin when you sweat or get it wet.

HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nikki

Hi Thursdaygirl,
I always recommend Sebastian Colourshines, I think it's top of the line for the hair,but,for something a little less expensive you can try Adore..

Julia

Exactly.

Trust me I learnt the hard way (with a knee length Jones of New York Creme Jacket) that if you do not sit under the dryer, it will always come off on your clothes and on your skin. I find that the longer you sit under the dryer the more semi-permanent it gets. I still have traces of the last colour that I put into my hair over a year ago - yes a year ago. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jenai

Okay, What about the clear Jazzing? I just bought some (on sale) clear Jazzing to use after my next touchup. The gel is clear, but does it stay that way? Will it change colors and stain my clothing if I use heat with it? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

candycane

The clear is supposed to add a "shine" to your hair. I used that years and years ago and I did not notice any extra shine. But of course, back then, I did not know how to take extra care of my hair. So it is possible that it was the product...it was the user of the product (me) that created the less than perfect results. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif
Candycane

CynamonKis

Darn I've got to play with the color if I ever use Jazzing again...I was going for something reddish & wound up with MAGENTA hair -- peeps were teasing me saying I looked like "Annie" lolol!

ThursdayGirl

Wow! Lol.... I had Chrimson hair and got a lot of compliments on it, but I hated what it was doing to my clothes. /images/graemlins/wink.gif