Questions about wire mesh rollers

daviine

I saw some at the beauty supply store today..and they didn't have the brushes inside either. However, I was looking at the jumbo set. It was 6 for $2.69. Has anyone purchased theirs for cheaper?

Also, I was wondering, if you sit under a hooded dryer, do the rollers get hot since metal conducts heat?

Do you ever airdry? I'd really prefer to airdry my hair. I really try to stay away from heat and I don't like having to sit still for so long.

I'm thinking of trying them out for Christmas Eve.
I think that's it for now.
Thanks.

Ennyaa

Hi daviine. I bought mine so long ago that I don't even remember what I paid. But I can tell you that I have never had a problem with them getting hot under my hooded dryer. The only thing that really touches you is the mesh part and the plastic pins.
I've never rollerset to air dry either but my hair does dry very fast with these under the dryer so perhaps that would work just as well.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I have the Annie brand in a bunch of sizes. I've seen the jumbo (1 1/2") at the beauty supply for $3.99 for 12 rollers. I got mine at the Korean dollar store for $2.49. The smaller ones were even cheaper than that.

sweetcocoa

I paid 2.99 for my jumbo ones(12 in a pack...Diane Brand). The wire doesn't get hot and now they are the only way I set my hair. They dry so much faster! I've never air dried using them(I don't have the time), but I would think your hair would dry just as well and quicker than smooth magnetic rollers.

daviine

This brand was alos Diane but they only had six in it. I'll keep looking though.

What do use to hold your rollers in place--I forgot to ask.

Pumpkin

I like the mesh rollers better than the conventional ones. That sounds about right for a pack. The trick is, when you comb out the piece of hair you want to roll, you fold the roller paper in half around the edge. This way when you roll it, your hair isn't really touching the wires. And you secure the rollers with the extra long bobby pins, not the ones you use for a doobie, but the ones whose legs are spaced apart.