RAIN WATER

G

Yesterday we had a heavy rain and I thought
hmmmmm, I should put a container out there and catch some. I did, I got a big pot of it
and I am just itching to use it but I'm not sure how I should.... I'm thinking of using it for a conditioner only wash when I rinse, OR I was thinking of putting it in my spray bottle so I could spritz my hair with it on the off days of conditioner washing. What do y'all think? Do you think there's any benefit to rain water or is it just a myth?

CICI24

I read that msm naturally occurs in rain water along with H202 both are good especially if you live in a rural area. I wouldn't try it if you lived in the city where there is a lot of pollution.

Babygurl

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't try it if you lived in the city where there is a lot of pollution.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I wouldnt try that in the city!

JazzAngel

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't try it if you lived in the city where there is a lot of pollution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, in the islands we love to collect rain water, but I have always been told that its not the same to collect rain water in the city because of all the pollution.

Kaela

I would worry about air pollution/contamination if near a city. I think the benefit of rainwater is that it wouldn't have the hardness of tap water.

northernbelle

My mother, who is from the South, has told me from time to time how good rain water is for the hair.

I think she said that spring rain water is particulary good. I need to confirm this with Mommy, however.

I have never tried it myself.

northernbelle

S

Stylepink

My family is from the south and it was okay to do that back in the day, but now with all the polution, i'd be afraid!

karezone

I don't know I live in the boonies and my grandmother has always said that. We also have a natural spring on our property. The water is good maybe next time I am at home I will collect some for my spray bottle.

A

AmilLion

I'll never forget the episode of Different Strokes with Kimberly caught rain water and washed her hair with it. Her hair turned green because it was acid rain. Ick.

nekee

How is rain good for the hair.

I was going by a friends house yesterday, taking a nice walk. And swoosh the rain began to fall soo hard and i was about to make a run for it when i remember Caramela's thread. I must have looked so stupid walking leisurely in the rain. I got drenched

happylocks

I am big on the rain water, I plan to try it, it was raining alot down here, but I never got to collecting the water, It helps when u have hard water, I hope so,