Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Lylddlebit

I called myself waiting until all the kinks were worked out before ordering my sss cwk plates and spiral sets. I placed my order patiently waited an excessive amount for my items to arrive(when I ordered the website just stated orders were being shipped in the ordered received. However, after I asked via email the 3-4 week turn around time disclaimer was added to the website), when it did a significant portion of my order was missing(about 30% of the value because I ordered a bunch of stuff that day). I reached out the vendor to correct the issue. She was nice when I asked about turn around time. She was also nice when I received only a portion of my order she responded promptly to confirm she would fix that. I accepted waiting a while longer for the missing portion to be resent to me. Never came. Was promised a partial refund in a polite professional manner. Haven't gotten my money back yet and you know ....that sucks. I would have been fine getting the product or a partial refund but having to contact the vendor over and over again because everytime I am promised something it is not delivered is no longer worth the effort. I'm probably going to have to open a dispute with my bank, it truly shouldn't take all of that. Whenever I contact the customer service email, whoever responds seems polite and professional but if there is not resolution to get what you pay for that can only go so far. This is week 10 going on week 11 of trying to either get what I paid for or a partial refund for what I didn't receive with no luck. I don't even want the kits anymore I am probably going to list the one I did get on eBay but the good news is if anyone wants the buy the set from me on there, I'm sure you will get them way faster than ordering direct from the vendor. I just want to get resolution one way or another before I give up on this and list them. This is disappointing. It's going to be a hassle to open a dispute with my bank. It's also going to be a limitation to not use a product line I am sure I would have liked because I can't rely on customer service to maintain the product if I ever needed to reorder.

Last edited:

JerriBlank

I called myself waiting until all the kinks were worked out before ordering my sss cwk plates and spiral sets. I placed my order patiently waited an excessive amount for my items to arrive(when I ordered the website just stated orders were being shipped in the ordered received. However, after I asked via email the 3-4 week turn around time disclaimer was added to the website), when it did a significant portion of my order was missing(about 30% of the value because I ordered a bunch of stuff that day). I reached out the vendor to correct the issue. She was nice when I asked about turn around time. She was also nice when I received only a portion of my order she responded promptly to confirm she would fix that. I accepted waiting a while longer for the missing portion to be resent to me. Never came. Was promised a partial refund in a polite professional manner. Haven't gotten my money back yet and you know ....that sucks. I would have been fine getting the product or a partial refund but having to contact the vendor over and over again because everytime I am promised something it is not delivered is no longer worth the effort. I'm probably going to have to open a dispute with my bank, it truly shouldn't take all of that. Whenever I contact the customer service email, whoever responds seems polite and professional but if there is not resolution to get what you pay for that can only go so far. This is week 10 going on week 11 of trying to either get what I paid for or a partial refund for what I didn't receive with no luck. I don't even want the kits anymore I am probably going to list the one I did get on eBay but the good news is if anyone wants the buy the set from me on there, I'm sure you will get them way faster than ordering direct from the vendor. I just want to get resolution one way or another before I give up on this and list them. This is disappointing. It's going to be a hassle to open a dispute with my bank. It's also going to be a limitation to not use a product line I am sure I would have liked because I can't rely on customer service to maintain the product if I ever needed to reorder.

Thoughtit sounded familiar. Didn't she promote her products here?
You've been waiting way too long! I'd definitely dispute with my bank before any more time passes. I'm sorry this happened to you though. Customer service still sucks if they're not following through on promises made.

imaginary

I forgot how nice my hair looks when I slick my edges a bit. I think the secret to flaxseed gel is to use as much as possible. I literally pasted my edges and the twists at the top of my head with the stuff last night and it held up ok for a good chunk of the day. So I'm going to keep chugging along with this until I can pick up some more Ecostyler. And maybe even use this to give my edges a break from the protein...

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen
Currently under the dryer at this natural hair salon. The stylist mentioned that I had so much hair as she was washing it. Let's just pray it doesn't end up heat damaged or all on the floor.:nervous2:

How long is your hair? Hair stylists stay telling me the same thing and my hair is only apl. I'm always like, huh? Then I get a little bit worried. I don't want anyone to do my hair who is feeling overwhelmed with it.

KidneyBean86

Southern sweetheart
How long is your hair? Hair stylists stay telling me the same thing and my hair is only apl. I'm always like, huh? Then I get a little bit worried. I don't want anyone to do my hair who is feeling overwhelmed with it.

At last check my hair was apl. She didn't seem too overwhelmed but my hair tends to have a ton of shrinkage. My hair doesn't even seem long to me though

fatimablush

i am going to try finger coils again when my hair is a little longer. they just looked matted and extremely awful. i will just wig it for the holiday.

everyone acts like eco styler gel is the be all end all gel. is there another gel. i want to scream when i see folks on youtube pull this out.

i like grapeseed oil on my hair and grease. maybe i will mix the grapeseed oil with the eco styler gel.

Caramel74

No wonder I could never gain any significant length before. I finally started working about 5 months ago. So now I have the money to get my hair done. The difference between getting my hair done and doing it myself is no comparison. When i do my own hair the ends look dry and frizzy. When I get my hair done it just looks perfect (shiny and smooth throughout to the ends and silky all the way down to the ends). I'm determined this time to get some real length this time. When my hair is natural and bushy it actually looks better than when I try to flatiron it in many ways. So I don't know why I bother flat ironing it myself. I put some olive oil on the ends before I conditioner washed it. Then I towel dried, sprayed in my infusium leave in and sealed the ends with argan oil, let it curl up/shrink up dry a little, then did a tension blow dry. It came out really good and the ends look healthy and you can't tell it's uneven in this style. It only looks uneven when it's wet or I flatiron it myself.

Last edited:

Caramel74

So just left the salon and never again! I swear this lady just took me from apl to collarbone length. Jesus. I am done with salons
Aww sweetie, I'm sorry. I bet it's healthy and strong though and looks cute. But don't do anymore BC's. I haven't cut my hair in over six months and it's doing fine. At APL it's long enough for you to pull it front and just snip 1/4 inch off using the hair band method or just hold it with your fingers. You shouldn't have to cut it at all. If it's dry at the ends then you need an olive oil pre poo or something or a deep conditioner. Just don't use heat often (direct heat, flatiron) and use heat protectant when you do. Just think in two months you'll have an inch. That's what I do when I miss all my length. Do protective styling most of the time and you won't need to cut any hair at all. And collarbone is a cute length. So I'm sure it looks super cute and healthy and it's still long enough to get into a cute ponytail.

Collarbone length hair

Last edited:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
i am going to try finger coils again when my hair is a little longer. they just looked matted and extremely awful. i will just wig it for the holiday.

everyone acts like eco styler gel is the be all end all gel. is there another gel. i want to scream when i see folks on youtube pull this out.

i like grapeseed oil on my hair and grease. maybe i will mix the grapeseed oil with the eco styler gel.
I agree. Ecostyler is NOT the business.
As I Am has a decent holding gel
Gorilla Snot (lol) at target is really good esp for (my) edges
Kinky curly curling custard is a nice light hold

Philippians413

I haven't been on this side of LHCF frequently for almost a year now; my PJism was cured:yay:. I sat scrolling through some of the threads that I missed and now I have multiple carts full of stuff I don't need (I still have stuff from last BF). Y'all are some serious pushers and I want to fight all of y'all. :bat:

PJaye

I haven't been on this side of LHCF frequently for almost a year now; my PJism was cured:yay:. I sat scrolling through some of the threads that I missed and now I have multiple carts full of stuff I don't need (I still have stuff from last BF). Y'all are some serious pushers and I want to fight all of y'all. :bat:

Those carts are full of what I call "impulse clicks". Go through each cart and carefully scrutinize every item - its ingredients, price point, reviews, etc. If it ain't worthy or comes up short, chuck it out of the cart. During the entire process, never ask yourself "Do I need this?" You're just setting yourself up for failure with that line of thinking.:lol: If you can get an 11 item cart down to 4 or 5 guilt-free items, then you've built a solid shopping cart. Keep in mind that most of us still has stuff from last BF. That's normal.:look:

Shiks

I really want to learn more about weave;best vendors,how to make it look natural and styling. BHM isn't giving me much.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I flatironed my hair and I am not thrilled. The middle of my hair has always been a struggle area for me and with straight hair, it really shows. There is a clear gap in the bottom quarter of my hair due to that section not growing like the rest of my hair. Being that my hair is pretty much waist length and that part wants to play around at midback length, I'm leaving it. This is the first time I've straightened my hair in like 7 years and I probably won't straighten again until this time next year (and that's not even definite) so I'm not chopping my hair off. It isn't noticeable when my hair is curly. I'll just have to baby that part of my hair all year and if it gets to waist length then maybe I'll cut it even but then again I probably won't. I'm mad.