Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Lilmama1011

Straightened my hair and feel like it was so waste. I can never get my new straight and I refuse to turn up heat to 400. I use some chase comb, but I think it's the angle I hold my hand when doing it on my head. I feel like i will never straighten it again myself but don't trust anyone else to do it

ag00

Didn't revert my hair as planned. The weather did it for me. lol! I thought I would extend my straightening for just another day and look cute. Re-blow dried my hair, my edges, and everything. Got it cute and smooth. I was outside for less than 15 minutes and its reverting as we speak. Lmao. I didn't check the weather so it's my own fault but I was gonna do it later anyway.

ag00

Straightened my hair and feel like it was so waste. I can never get my new straight and I refuse to turn up heat to 400. I use some chase comb, but I think it's the angle I hold my hand when doing it on my head. I feel like i will never straighten it again myself but don't trust anyone else to do it

There's nothing to be afraid of with 400+ degree heat. I blow dried, flat ironed at 400, and then finally went over all my hair using the hot comb at 450 degrees TWICE this past week and if you read my previous post, my hair is completely reverting to it's tight kinky coils. As long as you shampoo and deep condition before hand and use a good protectant, you'll be fine and get the results you want.

Update: As of 8:30 am, the fog in my city completely annihilated what was left of my straight hair. It is now back to it's 4b afro self. Lol!

Last edited:

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
I think I've gotten over some kinda hump w/my hair :happydance: It looks like since my DevaCut over the summer, my hair has been growing like crazy. Also, my curl pattern is remaining after washing in some areas...it was all 'fro when I started. Maybe everything's finally coming together: diet (w/protein powder), regimen (moisture, moisture, moisture), and NOT spending every other minute measuring for growth :ohwell:

Lilmama1011

There's nothing to be afraid of with 400+ degree heat. I blow dried, flat ironed at 400, and then finally went over all my hair using the hot comb at 450 degrees TWICE this past week and if you read my previous post, my hair is completely reverting to it's tight kinky coils. As long as you shampoo and deep condition before hand and use a good protectant, you'll be fine and get the results you want.

Update: As of 8:30 am, the fog in my city completely annihilated what was left of my straight hair. It is now back to it's 4b afro self. Lol!
I'm relaxed, SO just said to do the roots only on 400• and do the relaxed under 400

ag00

I'm relaxed, SO just said to do the roots only on 400• and do the relaxed under 400

Oh okay I didn't realize that. Then yes, I would certainly stick to and follow those whom are knowledgeable about heat styling practices for relaxed hair.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I have all my hair products ready for wash day which is supposed to be today. Too bad my energy level is on 2. Guess I'll be washing tomorrow.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I have been straightening my hair for the last 3 (yes 3) days. It's not even that long. Sometimes it feels like I run out of spoons (see "spoon analogy") before I get out of bed.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I have so much going on this week, I didn't have time to do a full wash day. Instead, I shampooed and am DCing overnight. Tomorrow, I'll rinse and style.

Caramel74

Tomorrow is the big day. I'm excited and nervous, I haven't been to a salon since 2009. And I know that it's going to be packed since it's the day before Christmas Eve.
That's so exciting! You're going to feel so wonderful :) Post a pic please for us to see how awesome your hair comes out. I felt the same way after reading horror stories about Dominican blowouts on the internet, but let me tell you, they can do some hair. My hair came out so so good. I didn't want to go to bed an mess it up, lol. It was so soft that it would just fall in my face and move by itself. I had so much movement. I can't wait to go again on January 8th, 2016.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
I think I have finally watched one too many YouTube videos... I'm preparing to flat iron my hair with wax, so I search for info about that. I think I'm hallucinating because (I think) I just watched a video of a half black/half Japanese woman but who's speaking Dutch flat ironing her hair with Dax Marcel Curling & Waxing. It's time for me to turn off YT! :spinning:

Lilmama1011

Is it possible to do curl formers on your hair with no product. I just straightened my hair straight and want to use the curl formers and get a curl and wrap it for body. Last time I did it in 2012 and it came out looking like straightened limp curls

faithVA

I'm going to name my hair Peppermint Patty because my hair looks like hers when I wash it :ohwell:

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
So out of desperation I tried the oil moisturizer that came in my relaxer kit (Vitale Sensitive Scalp). Surprisingly, my hair is soft, shiny and has some body. I don't really like the smell though. I'll update in the morning.

ms.tatiana

after taking my last wig out, washing and doing a quick flat iron on my hair I see I need to give it a little more love and care. Need to grease my scalp more and I think my hair will love that.