Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

imaginary

I went to the beach the weekend before last and I STILL haven't properly shampooed my hair. These braids are making me so lazy. Gonna do a proper wash this weekend, I just hate wet braids.

Aggie

I'm 40.5 weeks post my last texlaxer and wondering if I should go ahead this weekend and texlax it. My FPS is here, my henna is here, I've done my hardcore protein treatment already, everything is in place, but I'm resisting. I think I'm just lazy. Sigh!

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
If I was someone else and had to do my hair, I wouldn't know where to start. I could see how as a new natural some feel the need to give in the towel due to thickness and style challenges. :bangdesk:

I just gave up detangling half my head an hour ago and slapped a huge amount of conditioner in and let it soften it up on its own.:badgirl: I used the force of the shower water to detangle. Man, its hard out here for thick haired naturals. I'm not complaining but Im going to have to get my hair styled next week in some type of protective style because I dont have the time right now to devote to my hair.

Thank goodness I'm in the house because these two ponytails have me looking very young.:lachen:

Caramel74

If I was someone else and had to do my hair, I wouldn't know where to start. I could see how as a new natural some feel the need to give in the towel due to thickness and style challenges. :bangdesk:

I just gave up detangling half my head an hour ago and slapped a huge amount of conditioner in and let it soften it up on its own.:badgirl: I used the force of the shower water to detangle. Man, its hard out here for thick haired naturals. I'm not complaining but Im going to have to get my hair styled next week in some type of protective style because I dont have the time right now to devote to my hair.

Thank goodness I'm in the house because these two ponytails have me looking very young.:lachen:
two words for you.. Dominican Salon.. no suh it's too expensive and alot of heat but yeah it's hard to detangle I know it's actually not that expensive 30 bucks aint bad if I could make it last longer than two freakin days. I aint that good w the wraps lol

KiSseS03

I just saw a pic of my once healthy, past BSL hair from late 2013. I've been so discouraged/believing my hair won't grow over the past few months since heat damaging my hair in September but those pictures reminded me that I have achieved healthy longer hair in the past and that it is totally do-able. I am now my own hair goal. I will get my length/health back and more.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I wonder if I can get away with wearing my hair down at clinicals tomorrow. I think I'm going to try lol. I'll compromise and put on a headband just to keep it out of my face but these curls are too cute for a pineapple/puff.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I was watching Siba's Table on Cooking Channel. I had to pause the show and say a little prayer for that tragic weave on her head. You can see the circular point where they stopped the tracks near the crown of her head. Every time she bent her head down, my eyes were drawn to that point.

movingforward

Moving forward and onward
My hair has grown ALOT with protective styling. But I remember when I use to go to the stylist. I would have her put my hair in a French roll and I wouldn't touch my hair for about two weeks.

Now, I'm in Sengalese twists for three weeks, take down and rebraid.

I wish I can figure out a way to keep my natural hair in a cute professional style for at least a week.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Im about to start this in a cpl minutes. I didnt watch any YouTube's or reviews. Im so sick and tired of twisting day in and day out since 2012. If it causes breakage so be it. Ill just trim it again. Too dang bored to care. I need to enjoy my hair again.

I plan to do everything at a low temp. I dont need it much straighter than a blow out look since I am low density and fine. Super straight makes it lifeless and limp.

GGsKin

I haven't taken my hair out of this banana clip for a whole week. And while I've wanted to wash it, there hasn't been a need (still feels good, and looks tidy and defined). I've lightly wet my hair a couple of times this week and just been tying it down at night. I am feeling the urge to detangle (or maybe I just want to play in my hair):look:. Either way, resistance is low but I am tired.

I think I will wash it tomorrow. May steep some hibiscus for the clay mix...hmm....

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here
i don't know what I want to do with my hair! I'm heat damaged in my leave out area and edges.. I'm sick of weaves... I'm scared of doing natural styles because I tend to fail at them... and my real hair - hairstylist isn't very accommodating with her schedule anymore, so I can't see her for a cut.

I'm starting to take suggestions from people that I know with GREAT hair, and I'm so scared to go to someone else, but I need a change... bad.

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
Another klear girl going after the Black techniques of curly hair management, replete with sassy, faux-African American stereotypical "hm, hm, gurl, honey...uh, uh, uh..." and other irritating inflections, guttural utterances and nonsense. Oh, co-washing and Eco-styling. Ok.

Britt

I did a wash n condition and a wet twist out this wknd. I feel like I haven't worn my hair like that in a while... been a few weeks actually. Welp! I'll be blow drying it this wknd.