Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
If I was someone else and had to do my hair, I wouldn't know where to start. I could see how as a new natural some feel the need to give in the towel due to thickness and style challenges.
I just gave up detangling half my head an hour ago and slapped a huge amount of conditioner in and let it soften it up on its own.
I don't do anything to my hair w/o slapping conditioner in it first. I know some people don't believe in dry conditioning, but for me doing so is a lo-po/dense hair Godsend!

LavenderMint

This past wash day I used Aussie Moist before conditioning with Aubrey Organics GPB, two first evers. Why have I never tried either before?! My hair loved it and for the first time ever, my coils were juicy and POPPIN!! :blush2: I can't wait to see what difference the Komaza protein makes to my hair if that's what a conditioner did.

YesToHair!

4C/hi-po/Fine strands/med-low density.
Another klear girl going after the Black techniques of curly hair management, replete with sassy, faux-African American stereotypical "hm, hm, gurl, honey...uh, uh, uh..." and other irritating inflections, guttural utterances and nonsense. Oh, co-washing and Eco-styling. Ok.

Unbelievable!...naturaly curly?...more like wavy!...detangling?...she's a 2b!....and the fake "guuurl"....i can't!

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
It just occurred to me in the shower that most scalp and body issues are deeply rooted in inflammation. I need to tweak my current routine to reduce and eliminate inflammation.

I'm also mad that my doctor hasn't called me in nearly two weeks with the results of my blood tests.

Smiley79

It just occurred to me in the shower that most scalp and body issues are deeply rooted in inflammation. I need to tweak my current routine to reduce and eliminate inflammation.

I'm also mad that my doctor hasn't called me in nearly two weeks with the results of my blood tests.

^^Agreed, I never realized the link between the two either. Last year, when I went to my dermatologist about my scalp problems (which turned out to be alopecia) she examined my scalp and said that it was inflamed and there was redness in the area. That is why I was experiencing the tender/painful scalp issues and hair loss among other symptoms. She prescribed me Clobetasol foam (used to relieve inflammation) and thereafter my tender scalp issues went away. Best case scenario,it will also help to prevent my alopecia from spreading by getting the inflammation under control.

I too have tweaked my regimen to incorporate extra TLC for my scalp and inflammation...adding shampoo back to my regimen has been one of the best things I could have done. Preferably shampoo's with mint or tea tree are the best and I massage my scalp clean; I use shampooing as an opportunity to detox and revive my scalp each week. I also opt for African Black soap as well. Each month, I do an ACV scalp treatment for a little extra detox. I try to remember to add tea tree oil to my fave products and ofcourse I keep up with my scalp massages.

Last edited:

shasha8685

I need the front part of my hair to hurry up and curl up dang it! The back of hair is so nice and curly while the front is acting like it doesn't know what it wants to do!

I made my first puff! It's a lot fuller than I thought it would be!

I'm curious to know how often some naturals co-wash. Seeing that my hair can get super dry, I know I have to be on my A game when it comes to moisture.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Can't wait to come home and start wash day. My hair feels weird so I think I'll be shampooing/clarifying/chelating. Now I just have to find something yummy to prepoo with.

Caramel74

sorry I've been out of the loop I've been going through some changes w work kids and db. I don't think he'll be moving in in the summertime. I have to focus on my 17 year old and my family and work. This dude has too many problems. Me and my white losers... lol FML Think I'm in the wrong forum it said random hair thoughts not random crazy jerk thoughts lol

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Now that I have a nice stash of the discontinued Tresemme Naturals conditioners, I want to see if I can make it my leave-in since I'm almost out of Kinky Curly Knot Today. I don't think Kinky Curly Curling Custard will go well w/it, so I may make a mix of flax seed gel and add my remaining KCCC to it.

Also, I wish I could use Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle conditioner as my leave-in as it makes my curls POP! I'll have to try it one weekend w/plain FSG or the FSG/KCCC mix.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I don't know when I'm going to get the chance to finish my hair. I have two papers to edit , one to write, and two professional emails to compose for class. This doesn't include everything else I need to take care of.

KidneyBean86

Southern sweetheart
Hmm. I was able to reach behind my back and pull my own hair with one hand. I wonder what my length is now. I couldn't do that before.