Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Jas123

The Star of a Story
If I remember correctly (when I was relaxed) the longest/hardest length to attain was from apl to bsl... From bsl to mbl was no problem, or even wl. I'm natural now and working on becoming full mbl by 12/31/16... For my back no problem but my sides, let's just say it will be the 1st time.
I'm about to apply my Surge2.0 and had my mom do a length check of the back:p I might be very close to wl come 12/31/16... I'm checking my side(s) now, it's a little past my apl crevice... So, we shall see.
I ordered a few more bottles 'cause I was being a lil' heavy handed.

Lissa0821

I was pretty sick most of this year and really neglected my hair. I am much better and trying to things on track, when I discovered my entire crown area is completely gone. I mean it looks the entire section of my hair was shaved off from ear to ear. I do the best I can to cover with the surrounding hair. Some days are better than others. I can't wear another wigs, I am just over it now. I am seeing little ringlets and curls in the area of my head and I am pretty sure it will grow. I was so encouraged when I watching a you-tube video where the young lady was talking damaged hair and how to get it back on track. She said you have to have patience. And it will usually take about a year for the needed changes to be visible. That gave such peace, so now I don't have to watch my hair like a hawk, just do the things that are necessary maintain and grow beautiful hair.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Today I:

1. poo'd with Shea Moisture's Hipo shampoo
2. moisturized with Qhemet's Burdock Root Butter Cream
3. sealed with Jojoba oil . . .

. . . and then felt the urge to add styler--Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker. (I can't explain myself. :lol:)

I think I may have gelled whiteness into my hair (not flakes, but just gelled in the whiteness of the Burdock Root Butter Creme). I don't know, am out in public, and don't want to go to a bathroom to look.

beingofserenity

Shea moisture products work really well on my hair. I think I love the pink hair, I've only tried the stylers.

Right now I'm using the JBCO line and I'm not sure yet how I feel about the leave-in. But I like the shampoo so far. It left my hair soft in a way that I've never really felt with shampoo, but I need to use it for a few months before I can say anything conclusive.

I'm dying to try the shea moisture low porosity leave-in detangler, but am making myself wait because I have a lot of other stuff to use.

The cantu curl activator cream works really well too. And it's cheap, so I may make it my default backup moisturizer.

I don't like eden bodywork's pudding moistyruzer thing. Wanna give it to someone. I do like their cowash though.

So, about cowashing, I take back what I said about it sucking . I'm thinking about shampooing every two weeks, and cowashing in between. So I will alternate that

Still working on making my hair last all week. I realize the only reason I wash as often is because it feels dry or tangled or needs to be restyled. If I cut down on the manipulation, I think my hair growth will take off.

I can only detangle wet hair soaked in conditioner. And it needs to be sectioned off. I gwt lazy with this, but my hair is a hot, difficult mess when I don't do this.

I wanna go sulfate and sillicone free, so I need to use up a few products....

I'm super happy that I can wash and bun. I love that I have a quick, easy no fuss style.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
OK, I got two tender spots near my hairline in the front. The only thing I have done differently is using the watered down gel. Could that be the cause?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I was almost in tears this morning, detangling while little one was locked in his high chair.

I'm going to BKT for a ridiculous amount of money to see if it helps with the tangling.

If it doesn't help, I will just have to retry being natural in 2020 when little one is 5.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
I'm sick of wigs already. Missing my curls but I have to stick with protective styling because my life is just too busy for loose hair right now. I'll probably do a roller set on my current wig. It's a bob so I'll probably just do some loose waves tomorrow. Maybe 2 more weeks in this wig then I'm switching to a curly crochet wig (that I still have to make)

YvetteWithJoy

On break
My fingers are so itchy right now!

• SheScentIt (a lot, esp. the conditioners)
  • Curl Junkie (both sample sets)
  • Komaza (protein treatment; aloe vera gel sample)
  • Hydratheral Naturals (a lot!)
  • Andalou (at 30% off right now; all natural, non-toxic styling creme getting good reviews even from type 4 folks)
  • Darcy's Botanicals (curling cream and pumpkin condish)
  • Amika Rx DC
  • (Annabelle's) PerfectBlends new gellee
  • Bee Mine DC
  • Tree Naturals curly cream (or whatever it's called)
How can I talk myself DOWN? I've gotta do it.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I'm excited. I will be taking a natural hair care and braiding course this month. I can't wait. Plus I am going to a hair show next week! And tomorrow I will be going to a keratin certification class. It's going to an interesting month for me. I am also planning to go to Devachan and get certified to do the deva cut later this year. I may not have a steady job yet but I am still making moves and practicing on my friends, family and mannequin heads.

SuchaLady

If I'm not MBL by March 2017 then I'm done.

Doesn't make sense to sit where I was as a relaxed head putting in 2,000 times more effort and looking crazy a significant increase in days. It's blocking my fly.

May start a BKT journey and forget about it.

That's why I relaxed my hair after numerous stretches, a couple times I may have even had maybe 2 inches of relaxed ends left so I was pretty much there. I don't care to give my unrelaxed hair the attention it deserves to flourish and I couldn't justify being natural with raggedy hair just to say I'm natural :lol: I barely do my relaxed hair :look: but it loves it! I could never do that natural.