Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Behold the powa of castor oil: being able to finger-detangle without product, wet or dry, because of the film it leaves on my hair.

I still have not tried JBCO because people said it smelled burnt or like an ashtray. Is there a solution?

Powa. :p You got me wanting to try it.

I wonder if anyone can compare any of those scented JBCOs I see all around, like at Sally's, with regular degular JBCO.

Anaisin

Curl Origin has some new products. I've never been interested before but I want that Babassu and Mango styling pomade

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
My hard dome sit under dryer just died. Rip.

It was my fault because I pulled the dome too hard (its been sticking forever).

That 30$ dryer had its run.

A few years ago my hot head thermal Dc cap caught on fire in the microwave ..( another user error lol.) So now it's just the steamer left.

My LCL beauty steamer has been riding with me since 2009.

Anaisin

I hate when people try to claim they have 4z hair mixed in or whatever to seem relatable. If I'm watching your video it's because I want to watch you video, no need to pander. It's insulting. Pretty sure everyone has a piece of something else in their head.

If you wash and style your hair on camera and it looks 3b then it is 3b. It's like the hair version of folks that do a DNA test and start claiming mixed because they're 9% British and 3% East Asian. Go away

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
I was talking to a lady at work and she said it takes her 3+ hours to detangle her bra strap length 4b hair. :eek: Nah. I'll pass. I'm trying to get to hip length and beyond but as soon as detangling exceeds 45 minutes I'm cutting. I refuse.

Takes me 2 hours to detangle my hair and the most time it took was 2 and a half hours. I wish it took me 45 minutes or less... that would be heaven.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Someone else told me the same thing lol. My hair is dense/thick so it can be a chore. I'm looking for other detangling products and searching for different techniques to see if I can cut down on the time.
I hope you find something that helps. You do have a lovely head of hair tho. I just don't have the patience. I'd end up snatching all my hair out lol.

Lissa0821

I am ready to sample some new hair products, been debating back and forth between Mane Choice and Mielle Organics but I think Mielle Organic has won my vote. I will be stopping by Sally Beauty Supply to pick out the liquid leave in conditioner, hair milk and hair oil. Hopefully they will have all three but if not I will swing by Target for it.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Some people literally do too much. If it take all of that to have long hair, it isn't worth it. Wash day shouldn't 24 hours.
I think some people do too much which is true but everyone's hair is different. Outside of wash day, I don't do much to my hair honestly. As long as it's hydrated and neat I'm good.

I haven't been natural for that long, so it's still a learning curve.

Evolving78

I think some people do too much which is true but everyone's hair is different. Outside of wash day, I don't do much to my hair honestly. As long as it's hydrated and neat I'm good.

I will say it depends on how long you stay in a protective style. Some people wait weeks to wash, dc, and detangle their hair. It's like taking microbraids down...

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly

Detangling isn't an issue for me, however, the hydrated part is key. If my protein moisture balance is too off, my Detangling session is shot. I also only touch my hair once a week.

Everyone's hair is definitely different and I personally believe time also varies by hair type.