Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Oh you are so kind  :kiss:
I will definitely be awaiting your review!

BTW I don't know if that Mielle DC is minty or citrusy, but the smell is so strong. It does go away some time after rinsing but it has the tendency to reappear again out of the blue at odd times and baaam completely fill your nostrils. It's crazy. I wish that lingering smell was of coconut though. Coconut is Bae :2inlove:

Take care you too dear!

Yes, coconut IS bae. I love EVERYTHING coconut. Mmm. :smile:

I ended up washing this morning: My ponytailed twist out finally lost its definition, and my hair looked like a ponytailed struggle Afro. :giggle:

My first-impression review of the J.R. Liggetts Coconut and Argan Oil Shampoo Bar:

WP_20170607_008.jpg

Suds-ability: 10

Slip: 9.5

Detangle-ability: 10
WOWWWWWWW. I detangled my whole head in 35 minutes IN THE SHOWER (unheard of for me), in 6 sections. My scarily thin strands REFUSED to knot as I pulled them apart using the elongate-and-peel method. The slip!!!

Smell: Largely undetectable

Cleansing effect: Yielded SQUEAKY clean hair . . . I literally HEARD squeaking :lachen: Stripped feeling post-wash. I would be AFRAID to rinse this bar from my fine UNTANGLED hair. The moisturizing version/formula/bar is not stripping.

Availability: Available from the J.R. Liggetts website and other such sites. Also, check your local Whole Foods, but not likely. Likely just the ORIGINAL formula at Whole Foods, but check.

Hope this helps, @Alma Petra! Blessings, lady!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I was minding my own business. Really I was. Then YT's HazelGoddess's stash video popped up.

Now I'm wondering: Could Fortify'd Naturals Intense Hydrating Potion replace my HG SM hipo masque? Could it?!? The reviews!!! It's supposedly moisture, aroma, twist out, and setting heaven.

And what about their MSM-containing GROWTH ENHANCING MOISTURE THERAPY?

Oy. I'm just going to have to resist the latter because I have two products that can rival it. And, I will do my best NOT to get the potion and let the Soultanicals Twist Assist trialing suffice for now.

https://www.fortifydnaturals.com/collections/all

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I have been using it as a mild scalp exfoliator and to smooth down the cuticle layer on damp hair under oil (great for twists). Now, I am going to see if I can get any growth acceleration by applying it daily.
Ohhh, I thought you were doing something special to it besides cutting it open :lachen:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Ohhh, I thought you were doing something special to it besides cutting it open :lachen:
Yup, it be earlay in da mornin' 'cause I read to as with.

Cut off the skin, scrape off any gel stuck on it (a wide-lip bowl helps with that), pulverize the pulp with a hand blender, strain with two different strainers to eliminate the plant material, and refrigerate. Some of it will be frozen later.

ItsMeLilLucky

Yup, it be earlay in da mornin' 'cause I read to as with.

Cut off the skin, scrape off any gel stuck on it (a wide-lip bowl helps with that), pulverize the pulp with a hand blender, strain with two different strainers to eliminate the plant material, and refrigerate. Some of it will be frozen later.
Ok yeah, that's a little more involved :lachen:

Evolving78

Girl, I had 50-11 things to do:lachen:
I still have to do laundry and I'm braiding my mom's hair. I haven't even touched my hair yet :cry3:
Oh see I went to the laundry mat, and used those big washers! $8! lol I have had to wash clothes three times in the last few days. I'm dealing with Rotavirus over here! My poor baby! I washed and blow dried my hair this morning. I pinned it back up and got my nice scarf on. You are better than me. I would wash, dry, add some big twists, then throw a wig, or a nice hair wrap on. I'm gonna let my nails be great this summer! Lol

ItsMeLilLucky

Oh see I went to the laundry mat, and used those big washers! $8! lol I have had to wash clothes three times in the last few days. I'm dealing with Rotavirus over here! My poor baby! I washed and blow dried my hair this morning. I pinned it back up and got my nice scarf on. You are better than me. I would wash, dry, add some big twists, then throw a wig, or a nice hair wrap on. I'm gonna let my nails be great this summer! Lol
Oh no, poor baby :cry3:
I would go to the laundrymat but it's like 10+ blocks away and I don't have a car yet.

We have a washer and dryer in our building, but I'm on the 3rd floor and it's in the basement :look: It's too hot for wigs for me. I'm gonna wash it and put another ponytail piece on it until I can braid it to do my crochet braids.

Evolving78

Oh no, poor baby :cry3:
I would go to the laundrymat but it's like 10+ blocks away and I don't have a car yet.

We have a washer and dryer in our building, but I'm on the 3rd floor and it's in the basement :look: It's too hot for wigs for me. I'm gonna wash it and put another ponytail piece on it until I can braid it to do my crochet braids.
That sounds like a plan! Time is ticking, heat is coming! Lol