Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I dunno if I can do that one, @YvetteWithJoy since my hair is hard to separate when dry.

I found a hair twin with an interesting technique:

Nice!

She uses the shoestrings the way I use my elastic bands, including the tie at the bottom. However, I haven't incorporated bobby pins that way, and I want to now! :yep: Thanks so much for sharing!

I'll have to experiment and see what I come up with for using the bobby pins with elastic bands. I like her method!

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
So glad that I can still get my hair into a bun even with the recent cut I got. As this H-town weather heats up I'll be bunning more often. I wonder if I can tie it down at night and get 3 day hair out of it vs redoing my bun every morning. Welp testing that theory tonight.

Evolving78

New growth will not allow me to rinse this conditioner in the sink. Gotta rinse in the shower. I will be doing a dusting too. I may blow dry, but won't flat iron.

von rose

I wish I had applied to med school or MD/PhD combined program last year but I'm barely able to do my hair as is! Lol kidding there were other factors at play but I still wonder what life would be like...

Anyway still happy with the shea moisture dye. I guess I'll have to do this every six months if only to balance my porosity.

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
Months later, still happy with the ammonia-based texturizer. Hair is still strong, moist...stronger than the part with sod/cal hydroxide. Can't wait until it's all gone. That Mikko stylist was right, it's better for our hair.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
By virtue of participating in Abena Palmore's hair growth study, I am paying more attention to my health and exercise, my supplement and vitamin intake, fidelity to my hair regimen, and careful handling of my hair. Regardless of whether anything over the next year accelerates my hair growth, participating is having a positive affect.

I documented my initial length check here: https://myhairgrowthstudyexperience...-diary-entry-2017-06-01-initial-length-check/

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
The problem with washing my hair in sections and twisting it up is that I do not feel like taking the twists down. Thank Yah for snoods because I am too lazy for headwraps. I cannot believe I am acting like this in the high season for wash and goes. Hair lazy or hair tired, you pick.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
The problem with washing my hair in sections and twisting it up is that I do not feel like taking the twists down. Thank Yah for snoods because I am too lazy for headwraps. I cannot believe I am acting like this in the high season for wash and goes. Hair lazy or hair tired, you pick.

Snoods?

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Months later, still happy with the ammonia-based texturizer. Hair is still strong, moist...stronger than the part with sod/cal hydroxide. Can't wait until it's all gone. That Mikko stylist was right, it's better for our hair.

What brand did you use? Thanks

Alma Petra

Hi, lady!

The samples of the J.R. Liggett's shampoo bars just came in. I opened the box and immediately washed my bangs, LOL.

Let me answer your questions above, then I'll give you my first-quick-impression review of the JRL shampoo bar.

You asked: Can the 22nd C W shampoo bar be used on a daily basis or would it be too stripping for that
My response: The 22nd CE shampoo bar is the OPPOSITE of stripping. It could definitely be used daily, in my book.​

You asked: Do you have any idea how the CRN penetrating DC would compare to Mielle's Babassu DC?
My response: I'm not the best person to ask because for me it feels POST-WASH as if most DCs do absolutely nothing for my hair. I'm an oddball in that way. I just have to assume the DCs are doing something while they're on my hair. That all said, the Mielle Babassu DC does my hair that same way: Feels really nice when ON the hair, but after rinse-out, meh. Almost every DC makes my hair feel that way. So I go by the ingredients when it comes to DCs, and I love the Mielle ingredients. I think it's one of the better DCs out of the dozen or so that I've tried.

HOWEVER, the CRN Coconut Water Penetrating Hair Treatment?!?? WOWSER!!! Feels like every other DC when on my hair, but when I rinse my hair, my hair feels LUXURIOUS and MOISTURIZED and STRONG.

So, I know that there is such a huge disparity between the two, for me, because of my weird relationship with DCs. I can't really say how the two would differ for "normal" folks. But for me, hands down that CRN CWPHT is the best DC I've ever, ever, ever used. Ever.
My super-duper-quick-fast-initial-fast-use review of the J.R. Liggett's shampoo bar (tagging @HaveSomeWine):

I. THINK. I'M. IN. LOVE.

I used the moisturizing one. (I have several other samples, but have yet to use them since they just arrived in the mail a bit ago.)

This bar does EVERYTHING the 22nd CNW shampoo bar does, but is less heavy/oily.
It is cleansing, and I love how my hair feels post-wash with it, but it is nowhere near stripping.
It lathered very, very well. It held my hair elongated. I detangled with it.
It smells very light and clean.

I'll use it on my whole head this weekend and report back. I'll try it a few more times after that to make more conclusions, and I'll report back.

View attachment 400661
Hi dear! Thank you so much for the reply! As always your reviews are so detailed, on point, and just so yummy!

Now I know for sure that I want to try the CRN DC. I have exactly the same problem as you: deep conditioners act like regular rinse outs for me and they don't have any special effect, it drives me crazy. The Mielle DC was the first to have a slight smoothing effect on my hair but the smell is too strong for me. I can't wait to try the CRN one!!

I'm excited to try the shampoo bars as well. Could you please review the coconut one when you get to try it? It's the most accessible one for me at the moment and I really hope that it is as moisturizing as the blue one.

Thank you so much once again! You are the absolute best!

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Snoods - Fashionable Lifesavers

I prefer the solid ones in a stretchy cloth. Slip on my head and go. This is similar to one I have now:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hi dear! Thank you so much for the reply! As always your reviews are so detailed, on point, and just so yummy!

Now I know for sure that I want to try the CRN DC. I have exactly the same problem as you: deep conditioners act like regular rinse outs for me and they don't have any special effect, it drives me crazy. The Mielle DC was the first to have a slight smoothing effect on my hair but the smell is too strong for me. I can't wait to try the CRN one!!

I'm excited to try the shampoo bars as well. Could you please review the coconut one when you get to try it? It's the most accessible one for me at the moment and I really hope that it is as moisturizing as the blue one.

Thank you so much once again! You are the absolute best!

No problem! You're more than welcome! I hope the CRN deep conditioner does your hair well: It's pricey to trial, IMO, but I'm glad I did. Like I told, @trueheartofgold, products do everyone's hair so differently. Crossing my fingers that it does good the folks who trial it. :smile:

Oh, yes. :yep: Same for me: The first few times I used the Mielle DC, the smell just overpowered me and really got to me. I thought to myself, "I can't repurchase this." However, for some reason it's calmed down a little bit. One thing I can say about the Mielle DC--the SLIP is ah-maaaaaaazing! It has more slip than the CRN Coconut Water Deep Penetrating Hair Treatment. I can detangle with it, and that's great since I'm currently trialing the regimen tweak of waiting to detangle after I've cleansed and DC'd.

Yes: I'll try the coconut shampoo bar next since you mentioned it. I'll probably wash again on Saturday, and I'll tag you and review it. :smile:

:kiss: Take care!

Alma Petra

No problem! You're more than welcome! I hope the CRN deep conditioner does your hair well: It's pricey to trial, IMO, but I'm glad I did. Like I told, @trueheartofgold, products do everyone's hair so differently. Crossing my fingers that it does good the folks who trial it. :smile:

Oh, yes. :yep: Same for me: The first few times I used the Mielle DC, the smell just overpowered me and really got to me. I thought to myself, "I can't repurchase this." However, for some reason it's calmed down a little bit. One thing I can say about the Mielle DC--the SLIP is ah-maaaaaaazing! It has more slip than the CRN Coconut Water Deep Penetrating Hair Treatment. I can detangle with it, and that's great since I'm currently trialing the regimen tweak of waiting to detangle after I've cleansed and DC'd.

Yes: I'll try the coconut shampoo bar next since you mentioned it. I'll probably wash again on Saturday, and I'll tag you and review it. :smile:

:kiss: Take care!

Oh you are so kind  :kiss:
I will definitely be awaiting your review!

BTW I don't know if that Mielle DC is minty or citrusy, but the smell is so strong. It does go away some time after rinsing but it has the tendency to reappear again out of the blue at odd times and baaam completely fill your nostrils. It's crazy. I wish that lingering smell was of coconut though. Coconut is Bae :2inlove:

Take care you too dear!

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
God bless me for buying hair stuff and barely or not using it.
I found some
  • Stuff from APB,
  • a barely used jar of X21,
  • some ponytails,
  • 2 more packs of Crochet Microlocs (they look like Sisterlocs),
  • 3 glues,
  • 2 bottles of knockoff Gro-Protect
  • Some more thread
...and probably some stuff I'm forgetting lol
Now all I need is some more Wetline, some deep conditioner, Aphoghee 2 step, and probably some shampoo. Need to get some personal hygiene stuff too.