Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Lol!

I'd be sad if I didn't feel free to have fun with variety. I never would have discovered shampoo bars or grease if I didn't have a spirit of listening to others, reading, thinking, learning . . .

Thanks for encouraging me to try grease, by the way. So glad I was open to you.

Thank you, I'm so glad you tried it!! One day I'll try the Ayurveda products when my hair feels like it could use something new.

I was also open minded when I saw the review on Blue Magic, I'm so glad I tried it! My eyes lit up when I saw 22Century's stuff. I know what you mean to always be open and I am glad I was or I would have missed out.

For now, I'm going to ride this ride for a while without any alternate routes. Lets see where I'll end up.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I think your minimalist approach is important! It shows others it can be done. I've embraced it for my closet, and it's great! I don't think there's anything wrong with people who aren't minimalist, whose hair is their hobby, do you?[/QUOTE]

No, you couldn't have a better hobby. If hair wasn't my hobby then I guess I'd be into nail care LOL.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I was thinking about this the other day. The issue with having staples and not knowing how/why they work is that they can get discontinued or reformulated. Then you're back at square one.

I thought of this a lot! To protect myself from heart break, I bought everything in overstock. I'm talking 30 conditioners (Hollywood Beauty Cholesterol) or more which reminds me that I only have 17 bottles of the 16oz Care Free Curl Activator left. I have about 5 jars of Blue Magic. I did not even use half of my first jar! I make sure to have an obsessive amount of everything. I can use any shampoo so I really don't care about stocking on that even though I have enough of that as well! When I get down to 15 I'll buy more if I can.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
hypothetically, If all of my hair products were discontinued...
I'd replace Blue Magic with another grease. Replace my staple curl activator with another curl activator, which wouldn't be hard.
Replace my cholesterol with another cholesterol, which I had to do before when Lustrasilk Cholesterol was discontinued. Replacing that was easy.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
hypothetically, If all of my hair products were discontinued...
I'd replace Blue Magic with another grease. Replace my staple curl activator with another curl activator, which wouldn't be hard.
Replace my cholesterol with another cholesterol, which I had to do before when Lustrasilk Cholesterol was discontinued. Replacing that was easy.

Since I've been learning how to DIY several products by learning from CurlyProverbz and Chicoro, much lesser a percentage of my products has anything to do with any manufacturer. Yay! There is no chance that my prepoo, hair oil, or hair tea can be "discontinued."

I haven't yet tried making DIY mango butter, curl activator, or deep conditioner, but I'm open to it, and they're on my "someday" list.

I have made a DIY flaxseed gel, but I think I'll like a DIY aloe Vera gel or okra gel better. Someday on those, too. Right now I'm still evaluating my current products.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Since I've been learning how to DIY several products by learning from CurlyProverbz and Chicoro, much lesser a percentage of my products has anything to do with any manufacturer. Yay! There is no chance that my prepoo, hair oil, or hair tea can be "discontinued."

I haven't yet tried making DIY mango butter, curl activator, or deep conditioner, but I'm open to it, and they're on my "someday" list.

I have made a DIY flaxseed gel, but I think I'll like a DIY aloe Vera gel or okra gel better. Someday on those, too. Right now I'm still evaluating my current products.

SOLID!!

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.

Also to add (now that I have more time to type) I think you're going to succeed because "where there's a will there's a way." As they say. This stands true for a lot of situations in my life. If you got the focus, you're pretty much there.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥

That's awesome re: making your own products so you dont have to worry about your faves being discontinued. Whenever I find something I love I instantly worry about that :lol:

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Trying to buy Redken Cleansing Cream and note that it's sold out everywhere. I hope Redken aren't discontinuing it. Why do companies do that with cult/popular products lol

VictoriousBrownFlower

So I don't know if it was the deep trim, addition of sulfates, religiously taking my vitamins, or mostly protective styling but I got easily a half inch of growth this month which is not normal for me.

I measured my hair after the trim and today and the measuring tape easily reached a half inch longer than it was when I trimmed. Luckily I know exactly what I did this month and will continue. If I got a half inch this month I can get it every month.

Evolving78

So I don't know if it was the deep trim, addition of sulfates, religiously taking my vitamins, or mostly protective styling but I got easily a half inch of growth this month which is not normal for me.

I measured my hair after the trim and today and the measuring tape easily reached a half inch longer than it was when I trimmed. Luckily I know exactly what I did this month and will continue. If I got a half inch this month I can get it every month.
It’s the vitamins and the most important one is using sulfates. Your scalp is thanking you!

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
My hair is completely moisturized since last wash day four days ago. I find myself re-moisturizing it every seven days since September. It seems to get thicker as it gets longer. I have been leaving it alone and let it be itself. I look like Whoopy Goldburg from Sister Act lol. More like "Woolly" Goldberg. I'm so grateful.

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
I just received shipping confirmation for the products I ordered from Texture Me Natural (very small Black owned business).

Can't wait to receive them, and do a review. I ordered:

x1 Henna & Amla Deep conditioner (because I get lazy sometimes, and can't be bothered to mix up my own)
x1 Amla & Avocado Leave In ( The ingredients in this one were too good to pass up) Check it out:

Distilled Water (infused w/ Amla, Brahmi, Nettle, Flaxseeds, Fenugreek Seeds, Neem), Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Avocado Butter, BTMS, Organic Olive Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Agave Nectar, Tucuma Butter, Castor Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, PABG, Potassium Sorbet, Organic Rosemary Extract, Organice Sage Extract, Vitamin E Oil, Essential Oil Blend (Rosemary Lavender, Sweet Orange, Tea Tree)

Pure GOODNESS!!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I just received shipping confirmation for the products I ordered from Texture Me Natural (very small Black owned business).

Can't wait to receive them, and do a review. I ordered:

x1 Henna & Amla Deep conditioner (because I get lazy sometimes, and can't be bothered to mix up my own)
x1 Amla & Avocado Leave In ( The ingredients in this one were too good to pass up) Check it out:

Distilled Water (infused w/ Amla, Brahmi, Nettle, Flaxseeds, Fenugreek Seeds, Neem), Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Avocado Butter, BTMS, Organic Olive Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Agave Nectar, Tucuma Butter, Castor Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, PABG, Potassium Sorbet, Organic Rosemary Extract, Organice Sage Extract, Vitamin E Oil, Essential Oil Blend (Rosemary Lavender, Sweet Orange, Tea Tree)

Pure GOODNESS!!

These sound fabulous!

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
Rollersetting is officially my jam.
I knew I wanted to wear my hair out so I took down my bun last night and threw in 8 flat twists. I had a really stretched and still fluffy twist out that I loved.
I went out and then it rained. But! My hair was so stretched that I was easily able to throw it up into a new bun with a silk elastic and it actually looked nice.
When I came home I finger detangled and the parts from last week's roller set were still there so I didn't have to fight at all.
This stretch is my rock.
I hope to someday buy a new dryer so that the process doesn't take so long. I set on dry hair.