Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I used an Eco gel this week and... Holy Flippin' Volume, Batman! Daaaang, I got a lot of hair. My side part was a 3-inch valley, LOL. I should have taken pics. Too bad I got those nasty white balls again.

Still no urge to puff my hair for convenience. Usually, I am living in puffs at this length. Now, if I could just get a trimming schedule down (or rather trim at all), I'd be set.

LushLox

There’s always something to buy isn’t there? Well it feels like it to me.

Shortdub78 has reminded me that need to replace my shower filter, I need a clarifier and I need some more supplements. I guess I should buy supplements in bulk but I’m conscious that I won’t like them.

I’m sick of buying stuff at this point. :ohwell:

Evolving78

There’s always something to buy isn’t there? Well it feels like it to me.

Shortdub78 has reminded me that need to replace my shower filter, I need a clarifier and I need some more supplements. I guess I should buy supplements in bulk but I’m conscious that I won’t like them.

I’m sick of buying stuff at this point. :ohwell:
I’m about to return something right now! Lol I’ve moved on from hair products.. it’s back to yarn! Lol

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I wanna start wash day but I must get these leaves up. The gigantic tree in front of my house decided to dump 90 million leaves on my yard ain't once. :mad: Thank God for this mulching leaf vacuum cuz other than that, they'd be sitting there til some kid trying to make some money knocked on the door
LOL:D:biggrin:

faithVA

Of course now that I have the indigo in my hair, I'm sleepy and want to take a nap. But if I put a plastic cap on the indigo will just start running and I will wake up swimming in a sea of indigo.

I was avoiding coffee today but going to have to give in and make some.

Bad&Bougee

IMG_20171118_180844.png

This is 7 days of shed hair from wash day to wash day. On day 1, wash day, my hair had been in a protective style for 7 days. My first opportunity to comb it was after I'd rinsed out the DC and was preparing for a rollerset. That is the clump of hair you see on the right side of the Ziploc bag.

Monday through Wednesday I only combed my hair in the morning and finger combed at night. Thursday and Friday I combed morning and again at night because my rollerset was dying on me and I had to switch it up. Anyhoo, this should be 700 hairs. Looks like twice that ☹️.

I'm doing a shampoo, ACV rinse, protein treatment, overnight DC, guava tea rinse, leave in treatment and rollerset so we'll see if I shed less this week.

Evolving78

View attachment 416713

This is 7 days of shed hair from wash day to wash day. On day 1, wash day, my hair had been in a protective style for 7 days. My first opportunity to comb it was after I'd rinsed out the DC and was preparing for a rollerset. That is the clump of hair you see on the right side of the Ziploc bag.

Monday through Wednesday I only combed my hair in the morning and finger combed at night. Thursday and Friday I combed morning and again at night because my rollerset was dying on me and I had to switch it up. Anyhoo, this should be 700 hairs. Looks like twice that ☹️.

I'm doing a shampoo, ACV rinse, protein treatment, overnight DC, guava tea rinse, leave in treatment and rollerset so we'll see if I shed less this week.
That is not a lot of hair. Not a lot at all.. that looks like my hair from just today! Lol

Bad&Bougee

Oh, I forgot. The longest part of my hair is a little over 13". The shortest is 6" - rocking an asymmetrical bob at the moment. Thought it may be important to add lengths so that you can understand what you are looking at in the bag.

Evolving78

:). Thanks @shortdub78. I was going to make a wig because DANG it looks like a lot!! My husband said, "Who left a cat on the bed?!". He thinks he's a comedian :catfight:. Make me sick lol.
Girl he would really have jokes for me! Lol I can just sit here and pull shed hairs from my head and have that much..
my dd made a comment about me too! She was like you have so much hair In the trash! She asked was something wrong with me and maybe I need those vitamins from that commercial on TvOne... smh come get her please! She stays talking crazy to me! lol

YvetteWithJoy

On break
View attachment 416713

You might faint if you saw my accumulated-after-7-days ziploc baggie of shed hair.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I've been going back lately and reading old posts of mine and now I'm inspired to take better care of my hair. I took really great care of it in college!
So I went back to a method that I used to do regularly, applying DCs with an applicator brush really carefully and sitting under the dryer for more penetration.

Bad&Bougee

You might faint if you saw my accumulated-after-7-days ziploc baggie of shed hair.

I see that I'm in good company with you, @krissyhair, @shortdub78 and a couple others so I won't worry so much anymore. It has been an interesting experience though since I've switched from daily to weekly shed hair collecting. Weekly provides far more useful information.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
@AgeinATL
I think you asked me for a review of the SSI Papaya Super Hydrate Hair Mask???

Slip: So on this one :look:, honestly I forgot to comb through my hair after I applied this on top of the Papaya Ultra Nourish Conditioner :lachen: I will say my fingers slid right through my hair during and after rinse out so I'm going to call it slippy.

Smell: Sweet and fruity. Not bad or nauseating.

Softness: Hair is soft. Nothing to write home about but it's good.

Moisture: I'm torn. I used this after my cassia treatment because it's protein free and I needed to check it out before BF. My hair is not as moisturized as it could be but I can't discern if it may be the circumstances I used it under. I'm planning to give it one more chance on a non-protein wash day.

Current verdict: Possible repurchase but final decision on hold for now pending another use.