Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Honey Bee

@hi

*Claps hands* so right, "if it ain't broke" exactly what I was thinking lol. And my hair is Blacker than space and shinier than a new penny, naturally. Thank you because now I'm going to look at reviews on Grow Aut oil lol. I have heard of that before.
Lucky you! My hair is naturally a dirty brown (which is a color that looks dull no matter what you do), and then got the nerve to be greying! :lol: It's not bad, I don't use color now cuz I don't care :look:, but I'd like to encourage it in the right direction (while accomplishing other positives), if I can. I'm also trynna get (and retain) an inch/ month until my bday (in May). My hair will grow an inch/ mo and then just crinkle away, lol, so obviously I need to try something new.

Yeah, I very much believe in 'Stick with what you know' until you absolutely need to do something else. :yep:

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I'm trying to decide what I wanna do with my hair. I feel the moodies coming on, and I don't wanna put it in a "protective style" only to forget about it. Also I need to be able to apply my X21 mixture ( I added 6 drops of peppermint oil and some JBCO). I need forced interaction with my hair. I was seriously leaning towards blow drying and flat ironing once a week, wear it down one day, and wear it in my two braids the rest of the week.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Lucky you! My hair is naturally a dirty brown (which is a color that looks dull no matter what you do), and then got the nerve to be greying! :lol: It's not bad, I don't use color now cuz I don't care :look:, but I'd like to encourage it in the right direction (while accomplishing other positives), if I can. I'm also trynna get (and retain) an inch/ month until my bday (in May). My hair will grow an inch/ mo and then just crinkle away, lol, so obviously I need to try something new.

Yeah, I very much believe in 'Stick with what you know' until you absolutely need to do something else. :yep:
My hair is the same color lol

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.

Every since I was little people always mentioned how black my hair is. Yup I'll just stick to what I know is working for me. I hope you retain that inch per month. I would jump for joy if I could get an inch per month!! I bet if I improve my circulation with exercise (more) and eating right I could get it.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!

I love the fact that the generation of little black girls coming up behind us won't have to be envious of the hair of Indian/Asian, Latin or Caucasian girls. That is because these little black girls have the chance to have waist length and beyond hair, themselves. Their mother's are educating themselves about how to care for afro-textured hair and thus, the hair of their little girls.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.

I love the fact that the generation of little black girls coming up behind us won't have to be envious of the hair of Indian/Asian, Latin or Caucasian girls. That is because these little black girls have the chance to have waist length and beyond hair, themselves. Their mother's are educating themselves about how to care for afro-textured hair and thus, the hair of their little girls.
YES!! That is such a blessing. If only all this hair care information was popular when I was growing up SMH. And its not even new information that is what kills me!! LOL Its only common sense methods and techniques... oh wait the self pride part (about afro hair) wasn't there.. that's right I remember now. I don't now.

Well speaking only for me...no one ever told me afro hair was good. It was always bad.

But on the relaxer side of hair care... we just didn't have the techniques.

In the 70's when natural hair was "booming"...it really wasn't.

Ok so I'm not making sense and that's ok... some days are just like that. It's this new diet I'm on.

Last edited:

Chicoro

I thought about you and your comments in this thread where you mentioned this. I used to feel this way, too. I remember this girl named Jackie. She would would have a high ponytail and it would fall below her behind. She was Mexican. She cut it to her shoulders and 2 years later it was back there again. But, I knew a black girl in high school who had kinky hair that she kept relaxed. Her hair was always beyond tailbone length.

Now, so many little black girls, no matter what their hair texture, can have the chance to grow glorious hair.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I thought about you and your comments in this thread where you mentioned this. I used to feel this way, too. I remember this girl named Jackie. She would would have a high ponytail and it would fall below her behind. She was Mexican. She cut it to her shoulders and 2 years later it was back there again. But, I knew a black girl in high school who had kinky hair that she kept relaxed. Her hair was always beyond tailbone length.

Now, so many little black girls, no matter what their hair texture, can have the chance to grow glorious hair.
LOL you quoted me before I was finished typing(I'm never done editing).

There was always just "one" black girl or "two", But that's it! Now our junior high and high schools are going to be filled with long haired black girls.

We're going to be the ones envied for our volume and length, because we have both!

Last edited:

Chicoro

LOL you quoted me before I was finished typing(I'm never done editing).

There was always just "one" black girl or "two", But that's it! Now our junior high and high schools are going to be filled with long haired black girls.

We're going to be the ones envied for our volume and length, because we have both!

Girl, I thought that was just a really strong and emphatic , "YES!" and that you were done! Sorry about that.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Her Given Hair is on sale. I

Speaking of which, my niece is starting to have long hair. I have took over her hair care for over a year now. She is six years old and the cutest little thing. My sister was destroying it, I HAD TO TAKE OVER. She is retaining those inches like a Mexican LOL.

She is 4C, high density with fine strands. She went from complaining about getting her hair done to ready and willing to get her head done. She went from not having enough hair to fit a barrett on to shaking her head and all you hear is barrets.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
OMGoodness, the person in that first video is so annoying! Between the constant smacking and talking with her mouth full...good grief. Why would anyone think that making a video while eating would be a good idea? I mean, really.
I’ve noticed a lot of YouTubers do this. Or you can tell they’ve literally just finished eating and are stopping to burp every few sentences lol. Like this vid can wait :lol: Pop a Tums and pick up the camera later.

LushLox

OMGoodness, the person in that first video is so annoying! Between the constant smacking and talking with her mouth full...good grief. Why would anyone think that making a video while eating would be a good idea? I mean, really.

I just switched that mess off when I saw that. It shows a zero respect for the audience who bother to watch.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Shoot, now I have to wash my hair so that I can go to this party tomorrow night right after work. I don't want to wash it! This Saturday would be my wash day. Now I have to go off schedule. I wear fashionable hats to work paired with nice earring most days, like how one would wear a wig. I love it.

We know how we are underneath our wigs and hats. We put twists, braids, products, the baggie method. Some of us are even DC'ing. Am I right or am I right? LOL.

So tonight I have to wash, DC and style because we are all leaving straight from work for the party.

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Shoot, now I have to wash my hair so that I can go to this party tomorrow night right after work. I don't want to wash it! This Saturday would be my wash day. Now I have to go off schedule. I wear fashionable hats to work paired with nice earring most days, like how one would wear a wig. I love it.

We know how we are underneath our wigs and hats. We put twists, braids, products, the baggie method. Some of us are even DC'ing. Am I right or am I right? LOL.

So tonight I have to wash, DC and style because we are all leaving straight from work for the party.

Her Given Hair is on sale? Lemme mosey on over!

And, I'm convinced about Curl Activator now.

DIY project to make an ayurvedic one starts this weekend!

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
After using S-Curl for the first time yesterday, my hair was amazingly soft and moisturized. It may have been a little too soft, which made me ask myself when was the last time I did a protein treatment. Since I've been fully natural, the only treatment I've done is the Aphogee 2-minute keratin reconstructor and that was a year ago. I think I've been depending too much on leave ins and deep conditioners that have "strengthen" on the label rather than doing an actual treatment. I don't know yet, the uber softness could have been in my head. I don't want to do a hardcore treatment if my hair doesn't need it. I did a full a henna gloss less than 3 weeks ago, which gives a good amount of strength to the hair, although it doesn't replace protein treatments. I know my hair is craving protein, I just don't want to go about it the wrong way and ruin my progress.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
After using S-Curl for the first time yesterday, my hair was amazingly soft and moisturized. It may have been a little too soft, which made me ask myself when was the last time I did a protein treatment. Since I've been fully natural, the only treatment I've done is the Aphogee 2-minute keratin reconstructor and that was a year ago. I think I've been depending too much on leave ins and deep conditioners that have "strengthen" on the label rather than doing an actual treatment. I don't know yet, the uber softness could have been in my head. I don't want to do a hardcore treatment if my hair doesn't need it. I did a full a henna gloss less than 3 weeks ago, which gives a good amount of strength to the hair, although it doesn't replace protein treatments. I know my hair is craving protein, I just don't want to go about it the wrong way and ruin my progress.

Her Given Hair is on sale? Lemme mosey on over!

And, I'm convinced about Curl Activator now.

DIY project to make an ayurvedic one starts this weekend!

Curl activators are the troof. They played a big/huge roll in getting Jheri curled hair long.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.

I use protein every two weeks just because. With using a curl activator (the best moisturizer ever) you won't have to worry about protein over load that's for sure.