Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I'm not usually too moved by hair lines, but every single time I scroll past the OrganiGrowHairCo ( i think that's what's it's called) hair products and before and afters I'm always moved. The creator has quite an expansive line and hair system for different hair types. I wonder if anyone here has ever tried it. It seems like it's a line where I'd use it exclusively for months.
Those shampoos might tempt me into using shampoo again.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I'm not usually too moved by hair lines, but every single time I scroll past the OrganiGrowHairCo ( i think that's what's it's called) hair products and before and afters I'm always moved. The creator has quite an expansive line and hair system for different hair types. I wonder if anyone here has ever tried it. It seems like it's a line where I'd use it exclusively for months.

Yup, that's going to be my main purchase for fall. Her instagram notifcations are SLAYING me!

Aggie

I didn't realize how bad my breakage is. Good thing my hair is short so I don't have much to grow out. My NG is tough and tight. maybe I'm not moisturizing enough. I bought some s curl to moisturize my braids daily. I will probably cut the rest off in June if I can't stand my wigs in the Floridian summer.
@Napp, I have breakage too from over doing my demi-permanent coloring the latter part of last year. I am currently getting regular trims and hope the new growth catches up quickly.

What caused your breakage?

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
upload_2018-1-31_13-37-7.png upload_2018-1-31_13-36-42.png

I love looking at the differance between these two groups of women. There is something about what's in their eyes. What do y'all think?

Of course the obvious is... one group has add-ons and the other doesn't...you can actually see the faces of the first ladies. While the other group looks (shellacked) almost like triplets with the same makeup and hair.

Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I didn't realize how bad my breakage is. Good thing my hair is short so I don't have much to grow out. My NG is tough and tight. maybe I'm not moisturizing enough. I bought some s curl to moisturize my braids daily. I will probably cut the rest off in June if I can't stand my wigs in the Floridian summer.

You did a mini chop?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
You did a mini chop?

I cut it when I relaxed it. it's been breaking once a certain amount of NG came in. Plus I've been slacking. Idc any more honestly. I put my wig on and keep it moving

@Napp, I have breakage too from over doing my demi-permanent coloring the latter part of last year. I am currently getting regular trims and hope the new growth catches up quickly.

What caused your breakage?

I'm transitioning. The first few months were easy but as usual my hair isn't the type I can long term transition with. I usually give up around 8 to 10 months

ms.blue

Received my order I placed with a company and was disappointed to receive the wrong item. Hopefully the company will rectify the problem soon.

Well the company replied and fixed the issue.

Um yea I don't know how to feel about this. So I received a shipping notice for my missing item. My item was lost once it landed in GA but on Monday, I received my package so I thought that USPS didn't update their system. Anywho, just now I checked the mailbox and noticed a package from the company. Once I opened the package, it was the smaller version of the product I ordered. So I checked my tracking number and realized that it is the same tracking number on email. So now I'm wondering if the package I received on Monday was a mistake (it was the correct size I ordered) and the company sent the smaller size thinking that was the size I ordered originally. Welp, now I have two.

Aggie

There must be thousands of lines. New ones pop up everywhere.

https://www.unveilmynatural.com/

Pricey!

The bolded is why I've stopped chasing them. There are too many vendors out there to keep up with all of them.

I just made up my mind to settle on a few good products that I know work well on my hair and just quit buying new stuff over and over again, falling into the same traps I'm trying desperately to stay out of. I'm done, no more :nono:.

I like ayurveda hair care, a few good online vendors (SSI, NG, APB, MO - these are the ones in my stash that I've actually tried and love) and a couple vendors I can find easily on the ground. I have products from 2 vendors that I haven't tried as yet and once I do, I will know if this list expands a bit or not.

Aggie

I cut it when I relaxed it. it's been breaking once a certain amount of NG came in. Plus I've been slacking. Idc any more honestly. I put my wig on and keep it moving

I'm transitioning. The first few months were easy but as usual my hair isn't the type I can long term transition with. I usually give up around 8 to 10 months
Okay gotcha.

Aggie

There must be thousands of lines. New ones pop up everywhere.

https://www.unveilmynatural.com/

Pricey!
Wow, just checked this site out and it looks like some folk out there lurking around our hair forum just by the ingredients in those products alone. Very enticing I might add since I love ayurveda.

But I'll just use the powders and make whatever I want myself and use them closest to their natural form as possible. All I have to do is take some of my powders and either add them to shampoo or conditioner and voila - ayurveda shampoo and DC made by me :yep:.

ETA:

Oh yeah - I concur - they are very pricey!

Aggie

View attachment 423289 View attachment 423287

I love looking at the differance between these two groups of women. There is something about what's in their eyes. What do y'all think?

Of course the obvious is... one group has add-ons and the other doesn't...you can actually see the faces of the first ladies. While the other group looks (shellacked) almost like triplets with the same makeup and hair.
especially the two on the right, they look like they can be sisters in the pic at the bottom.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Wow, just checked this site out and it looks like some folk out there lurking around our hair forum just by the ingredients in those products alone. Very enticing I might add since I love ayurveda.

But I'll just use the powders and make whatever I want myself and use them closest to their natural form as possible. All I have to do is take some of my powders and either add them to shampoo or conditioner and voila - ayurveda shampoo and DC made by me :yep:.

ETA:

Did I miss a link ?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
The bolded is why I've stopped chasing them. There are too many vendors out there to keep up with all of them.

I just made up my mind to settle on a few good products that I know work well on my hair and just quit buying new stuff over and over again, falling into the same traps I'm trying desperately to stay out of. I'm done, no more :nono:.

I like ayurveda hair care, a few good online vendors (SSI, NG, APB, MO - these are the ones in my stash that I've actually tried and love) and a couple vendors I can find easily on the ground. I have products from 2 vendors that I haven't tried as yet and once I do, I will know if this list expands a bit or not.

Agreed! Now they are chasing me! I was on Amazon reading reviews about Curls Blueberry Hair Wash when the brand just popped up into my feed.

ETA:

I had the same reaction, almost word for word. :yep:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Question:

One time I accidentally ignored someone. I had no idea. She posted, and the site asked me if I wanted to see ignored content. That's when I realized I had accidentally ignored her. I un-ignored her immediately of course. She's kind.

Anyhow, doesn't the site still do that, and couldn't you then surmise that content that others see--but that you don't see--must be there (i.e., in ignored content)?

I'm not sure how it works. :smile:

ETA: What happens if an ignored member likes your post? (Trying to understand so as not to bother people.) Thanks in advance.

Aggie

Question:

One time I accidentally ignored someone. I had no idea. She posted, and the site asked me if I wanted to see ignored content. That's when I realized I had accidentally ignored her. I un-ignored her immediately of course. She's kind.

Anyhow, doesn't the site still do that, and couldn't you then surmise that content that others see--but that you don't see--must be there (i.e., in ignored content)?

I'm not sure how it works. :smile:

ETA: What happens if an ignored member likes your post? (Trying to understand so as not to bother people.) Thanks in advance.

I have no idea since I don't have anyone on ignored at the moment. There was only one I had on ignore but that person is no longer on the board :dighole:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Yay tomorrow I buy a new phone. I have been without a phone for a few days. This time I'm getting a camera with a flash and everything LOL. I think I was the only one that didn't have a flash on their phone. Posting pictures in the "everyday hair good, bad and ugly thread" is in my future. :bouncy:.

Its just little things...