Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
When the love of money abounds, nothing stay original or authentic. I have had many a sad moments over YouTube. I mourned Original YouTube's death.

As far as setbacks go I have to think "How would anyone fake a setback?":think::thought:

I meant their Youtube stunts would cause setbacks, leading to setback vids.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Why are YouTuber gurus mixing their products?

This is the mess I was talking about in that YouTube Broke My Hair thread. YouTube "gurus" doing the most for clicks, stunted hair growth, and future setback videos.

I haven’t watched the videos. Just glanced but I’ve always mixed my gels and cocktail my deep conditioner. I usually put a cream gel on for moisture and then a hard gel on top for hold.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I haven’t watched the videos. Just glanced but I’ve always mixed my gels and cocktail my deep conditioner. I usually put a cream gel on for moisture and then a hard gel on top for hold.

I get that, we talk about cocktailing on the board all the time. But the trend I'm starting to see are youtubers mixing ALL of their products which seems like a recipe for a setback.

ETA: I just got another rec for a natural mixing all of her shampoos. What if they don't react well together and her hair locks up?

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I meant their Youtube stunts would cause setbacks, leading to setback vids.
I know what you meant and I agree, but I just mentioned the ones that would fake a setback to get views. Like hypothetically If I were a youtuber starving for views what would I do to get them. Some double relax their hair to get views. Dumb.

imaginary

Why are YouTuber gurus mixing their products?

This is the mess I was talking about in that YouTube Broke My Hair thread. YouTube "gurus" doing the most for clicks, stunted hair growth, and future setback videos.

So it started with some makeup people, who mixed their foundations etc together and ended up with a product that was actually pretty good. It's an experimental trend that a bunch of people hopped on to. A lot of the times when people complain about youtubers doing things for clicks, it never seems that deep. They've just gotta accept the risk for their foolery and move on. And likewise you can just not watch/do it.

Also I don't see how this is extreme since I've mixed all my stuff together similarly. Granted I did it because I'm poor and needed things to stretch. So maybe that's why I'm not particularly bothered and am mostly entertained.

FadingDelilah

I had a horrible hair dream last night guys!

So I walk into walmart with a horriblleeee wig on and a group of extremely attractive guys come down the isle. :rolleyes: While I'm looking for some food, one of them snatches the wig right off my head and the combs pull out all of my hair. You guys, I don't how, but he snatched my head perfectly bald, as in shaven with the worlds finest razor bald. All I had was a tiny patch in the front left. I start screaming and everyone in the store gathers around and starts laughing at me, taking videos.
I woke up heart racing and in tears. :lachen:I felt my head immediately and was so glad my bushy friend was still there.

Jade Feria

Sitting back and looking at the beefing and back-and-forth on IG over a vendor selling a 4oz butter for $35 (plus shipping) like:

I had a horrible hair dream last night guys!

So I walk into walmart with a horriblleeee wig on and a group of extremely attractive guys come down the isle. :rolleyes: While I'm looking for some food, one of them snatches the wig right off my head and the combs pull out all of my hair. You guys, I don't how, but he snatched my head perfectly bald, as in shaven with the worlds finest razor bald. All I had was a tiny patch in the front left. I start screaming and everyone in the store gathers around and starts laughing at me, taking videos.
I woke up heart racing and in tears. :lachen:I felt my head immediately and was so glad my bushy friend was still there.
OMG so I totally skipped over the part where you said it was a dream and was instantly horrified! Then I was like, "Wait, how did all of her hair come out though??" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reading is fundamental.

Evolving78

I plan on starting to practice braiding on my doll head (that’s what we called them in Cosmo school) I want to learn how to do feed in braids and practice on my parting. This will be my reward or break from my studying. So I guess I plan on studying hard today? Lol I would like to be able to do some nice cornrow styles by the spring.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I be looking ratchet af at work (my hair so frizzy now in these braids but idc right now :lachen:) dudes still be trying to holla at me. Now when I’m a little dolled up, I can’t pay anyone to pay attention to me. What the entire f—-

Also I had to turn a dude down cause I don’t date where I work. I did once, it did not go as planned lol. Plus, it’s too many cute dudes there.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I be looking ratchet af at work (my hair so frizzy now in these braids but idc right now :lachen:) dudes still be trying to holla at me. Now when I’m a little dolled up, I can’t pay anyone to pay attention to me. What the entire f—-

Also I had to turn a dude down cause I don’t date where I work. I did once, it did not go as planned lol. Plus, it’s too many cute dudes there.
LOL

They like the frizzy, just woke up look. See, men like real women not dolled up ones.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I plan on starting to practice braiding on my doll head (that’s what we called them in Cosmo school) I want to learn how to do feed in braids and practice on my parting. This will be my reward or break from my studying. So I guess I plan on studying hard today? Lol I would like to be able to do some nice cornrow styles by the spring.
I get the gist of feed in braids, but I don’t wanna practice on my head, my mom’s growing locs, and I have a boy. I have a doll head, but her hair is so silky lol

Evolving78

I get the gist of feed in braids, but I don’t wanna practice on my head, my mom’s growing locs, and I have a boy. I have a doll head, but her hair is so silky lol
My doll’s hair is like my daughter’s hair with a silk press. But I don’t wanna practice on her because I’m a perfectionist. I will obsess over a parting, or one braid until I feel it looks right.

Evolving78

Men feel more comfortable with rachet. They feel you are approachable. When you are dolled up, they may feel it will be challenging, or they aren’t in the right setting to approach the dolled up you. Some men have huge egos and don’t care! Lol

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Men feel more comfortable with rachet. They feel you are approachable. When you are dolled up, they may feel it will be challenging, or they aren’t in the right setting to approach the dolled up you. Some men have huge egos and don’t care! Lol

See, I see it as... all that make-up on a woman's face is the mask that scars them off. Its not the real face, its a made up one. It's a doll's face, hence the phrase "Dolled up" and everybody knows that dolls are creepy.

just my take on things...:oops:

Evolving78

See, I see it as... all that make-up on a woman's face is the mask that scars them off. Its not the real face, its a made up one. It's a doll's face, hence the phrase "Dolled up" and everybody knows that dolls are creepy.

just my take on things...:oops:
Makeup usually comes off as high maintenance and it really depends on the type of man you want to attract. If you look like you are going to Walmart everyday, guess what? You will attract men that like shopping at Walmart too. There are more men that shop at Walmart than Target. And if you really wanna step your game up, you put yourself together like you shop at Bloomingdales! You will see a big decrease in the Walmart and Target shopping men shopping being in your face.
That whole makeup is a mask is for women to feel better about not having to put much effort into their appearance and can feel comfortable in their skin and their type of men feed into that. Real talk from a makeup artist! Lol

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Makeup usually comes off as high maintenance and it really depends on the type of man you want to attract. If you look like you are going to Walmart everyday, guess what? You will attract men that like shopping at Walmart too. There are more men that shop at Walmart than Target. And if you really wanna step your game up, you put yourself together like you shop at Bloomingdales! You will see a big decrease in the Walmart and Target shopping men shopping being in your face.
That whole makeup is a mask is for women to feel better about not having to put much effort into their appearance and can feel comfortable in their skin and their type of men feed into that. Real talk from a makeup artist! Lol

Well then if its a mask that draws the man, then I don't want THAT man. I want the man that is attracted by my confidence and ability to be a virtuous women not anything that I had to paste on. Not all makeup is bad if used in moderation.

Last edited:

Evolving78

Well then if its a mask that draws the man, then I don't want THAT man. I want the man that is attracted by my confidence and ability to be a virtuous women. Not anything that I had to paste on. Not all makeup is bad, but over doing it just to feel like another women is crazy.
Oh well that’s different. Not directing my comment at you, But being virtuous to me is all in the spirit. I think trying to look a certain way to appear virtuous is right up there with that Fish bumpersticker, or that WWJD bracelet. I believe that is a wearing a mask. But what I’m talking about is having a polished appearance.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Oh well that’s different. Not directing my comment at you, But being virtuous to me is all in the spirit. I think trying to look a certain way to appear virtuous is right up there with that Fish bumpersticker, or that WWJD bracelet. I believe that is a wearing a mask. But what I’m talking about is having a polished appearance.

Yes a polished appearance is always good. A full face of make up is not polished to me (not that you are saying it is). I don't want a man to think I am beautiful because of makeup or my ability to blend colors. And nobody can appear virtuous, it is something that is discerned, and the right man would be able to discern whether he is shopping in a Bloomingdales, Macy's or Wal-mart...If he's searching for the "right" woman that is. Ephesus on RIGHT.

Behind this computer screen it is hard to tell, but I'm vibing with you :alcoholics:. and I understand your take as well.

Last edited: