Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Alma Petra

@Colocha, did you ever try a wash and go with Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee? I'm reeeeeeallly tempted to do it tonight.

So I did a quick wash and go with BRHG on my TWA only.

Pros:
It was very defined
I had serious clumpage
It looks like the wash and go could last a number of days

Cons:
Too much clumpage. I should have tried to separate the curls during styling because once dry separation can cause frizz
It still SOTCs out dryish and rather rough, even though I used A LOT of, actually too much leave in underneath and I ended up with the dreaded white flakes

Possible adjustments:
Use smaller amounts of BRHG on top of or underneath another gel
Use much less leave-in :spank:

I would like to see if I can achieve a similarly defined wash and go using my other gels.

Photos:

20180211_110919.jpg

20180211_110450.jpg

20180211_110454.jpg

20180211_110456.jpg

Did you do the BRHG wash and go? How did it go for you?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
So I did a quick wash and go with BRHG on my TWA only.

Pros:
It was very defined
I had serious clumpage
It looks like the wash and go could last a number of days

Cons:
Too much clumpage. I should have tried to separate the curls during styling because once dry separation can cause frizz
It still SOTCs out dryish and rather rough, even though I used A LOT of, actually too much leave in underneath and I ended up with the dreaded white flakes

Possible adjustments:
Use smaller amounts of BRHG on top of or underneath another gel
Use much less leave-in :spank:

I would like to see if I can achieve a similarly defined wash and go using my other gels.

Photos:

View attachment 424345

View attachment 424341

View attachment 424347

View attachment 424343

Did you do the BRHG wash and go? How did it go for you?

Ooooo, thanks for sharing. I did a patch test on my 3c bang area on my right. I only had water beneath it. I got great elongation, great hold, and good shine.

It's so costly that I don't want to do my whole head. I have a ton of hair, density-wise.

I googled and watched YT videos to try to find something similar but more economical. Most finds had parabens except for some Giovanni gel. I'm hoping to get some today and try it ASAP.

Evolving78

Fell into the other side of YouTube. The 360 wave and beard world is very interesting. Men are really about their grooming! They are all into some many products and techniques!

What’s really interesting is that men with coarse textures tend to get more views, follwers, and subscribers than guys with silky-fine textures. There is a colorism issue at play too.

Last edited:

OhTall1

I committed a minor LHCF sin this morning.

There's a little girl, maybe 10-11 years old, who lives on my floor who has the prettiest natural APL hair. At least once a week we get to the elevator at the same time in the morning as she heads out to the bus stop and I leave for work. Today when I got to the elevator she was standing there with a fresh blowout, flinging and swinging her hair. What were the first words out of my mouth?

"Your hair looks so pretty!"

:bangdesk:

I was immediately annoyed with myself as soon as the words left my mouth. Then I very quickly said, "Well, your hair always looks pretty, and it looks pretty today too."

I'm sorry. Forgive me.

FadingDelilah

Taking a vitamin b-complex and vitamin c every day has my hair growing sooo fast :cloud9: I just randomly decided to stretch a piece of my hair when I hadn't done it in about two months, and I had about 1.5 more inches than I remember!! This is big for me because my hair usually grows 1 inch every 3 months (1/3 inch a month). I was like :eek: Funny how my hair growth speeds up when I finally learn to stop obsessing over it. I can't rush the gratification of having long hair. I look forward to it like I used to look at college. "One day..."

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Trimmed about an inch and a half of hair between yesterday and this morning

I think I have frozen henna but I also have that clay henna soultanicals did. I want to use that before it goes bad. I’ll use it on Friday night if I’m not working Saturday and Saturday if I’m not working Sunday.

Then the week after , I’ll be going back into a protective style. Gonna make the onion treatment the following week and do that twice a month for 6 months and see how it goes.

I need to make an Ayurvedic spray as well for my next protective style.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I'm refinding my love for chunky braid-outs.

Not my own, ones I see other people do on youtube.

I take back saying I don't like them. :D Imagine these on tbl hair. :dighole: I would not know what to do with myself. I will use this post to keep me on track with using my growth aides. :yep:

@AdoraAdora24 why don't you do one so I can admire it? :whip: You got the texture and the length! Pretty please?
Thank you for the shout out!! I will do a braid out some day, not for me but for y'all.

I made WL today actually. I got the family to confirm it for me.:afropick: I figured I was there.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I committed a minor LHCF sin this morning.

There's a little girl, maybe 10-11 years old, who lives on my floor who has the prettiest natural APL hair. At least once a week we get to the elevator at the same time in the morning as she heads out to the bus stop and I leave for work. Today when I got to the elevator she was standing there with a fresh blowout, flinging and swinging her hair. What were the first words out of my mouth?

"Your hair looks so pretty!"

:bangdesk:

I was immediately annoyed with myself as soon as the words left my mouth. Then I very quickly said, "Well, your hair always looks pretty, and it looks pretty today too."

I'm sorry. Forgive me.
I feel your pain. Good corrective though.

FadingDelilah

Thank you for the shout out!! I will do a braid out some day, not for me but for y'all.

I made WL today actually. I got the family to confirm it for me.:afropick: I figured I was there.

Oh my gosh! Congratulations girl. You are very blessed. And thank you for considering doing a braid out just for us :)

Btw, are you thinking about growing it longer or celebrating any way?