Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Oh my gosh! Congratulations girl. You are very blessed. And thank you for considering doing a braid out just for us :)

Btw, are you thinking about growing it longer or celebrating any way?
:giveheart:

Well, I was going to do a grand celebration for myself like eat a giant cheese stake with bacon on it (I like to pig out sometimes and a cheese stake IS a reward to me :look:). And/or wear my hair out the next day at work like Pow, look at me now *Chris Brown* While wearing some big Afro centric earrings lol. No one at work has seen my hair out and i know they are dying to.

But since I made it unexpectedly I did nothing but be thankful. And I still won't be wearing it out because I like it being a secret. I will share with LHCF that's it. I thought I'd be more excited than this. World News has gotten me kinda down today:confused:. I didn't even wash my hair today!

Last edited:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
@FadingDelilah what I will continue to do is : Wear protective styles and grow my hair untill I can wrap it around my whole body and then some. About me wearing my hair out at work was just a fantasy. I really don't want them seeing my hair so I will continue with updos only.

Am I making sense today? I am so off today. That news was a trip. I wonder if I'll sleep tonight. With that said WE NEED JESUS. The things that are coming upon the earth....

Off topic: And here I was dancing to Formation the other day like an idiot lol. It's time to get real.

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@FadingDelilah what I will continue to do is : Wear protective styles and grow my hair untill I can wrap it around my whole body and then some. About me wearing my hair out at work was just a fantasy. I really don't want them seeing my hair so I will continue with updos only.

Am I making sense today? I am so off today. That news was a trip. I wonder if I'll sleep tonight. With that said WE NEED JESUS. The things that are coming upon the earth....

Congratulations, lady!

What news?

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Hey y'all!! If any of you want your hair to smell perfumed all day and all night, put some silicon mix in it!! Mainly the Proteina De Perla and the Bamboo one. The scent is so... Beautiful!! (as if I can see it). I am going on the third week of not washing my hair so this is right on time (not that my hair smelled bad).

I love this conditioner!

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I cant believe I am really sitting here with WL hair :look::look:. This journey wasn't even long :eek:. I had not one struggle whatsoever. I knew what my regimen was before I started my journey. Thiis was the quickest journey. *scratches head*

SO If I shaved my head bald right now, in exactly 32 months from now on October 13, 2020 I would be back WL again. Just by keeping hair in twists and keeping it hydrated. *just thinking out loud here*

I also have to include the fact that I am 5'1" tall :blush2:
My Sister is 5'5" it would probably take her exactly 3 years, not more than that.

Last edited:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
So I struts my cute self (LOL sometimes cute) on down the block to the nearest Beauty Mart the other day to grab some Silicon mix. I am probably the only black woman they have seen in there buying this stuff. The Asian lady at the check out says in her broken English "wo wo natuwal, wo hay natuwal?" As she looks up at my hair piled on top of my head. I said "yes, thank you" (I'll take that as a compliment). I notice in that store that they have more hair for sale then products, ok fine.

There were two black women in front of me buying hair. Their hair was broken off and looked burned straight. Not just straight, but burned straight. I was just being observant. I thought of THIS meme

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Trimmed about an inch and a half of hair between yesterday and this morning

I think I have frozen henna but I also have that clay henna soultanicals did. I want to use that before it goes bad. I’ll use it on Friday night if I’m not working Saturday and Saturday if I’m not working Sunday.

Then the week after , I’ll be going back into a protective style. Gonna make the onion treatment the following week and do that twice a month for 6 months and see how it goes.

I need to make an Ayurvedic spray as well for my next protective style.
Why did you trim so much? It's that much or is it just me?

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
Ya know? It does seem that way lol. I grow the average half. I retain growth champion style though.
I used to think I was a steady grower. But now I’m not so sure. I don’t see my hair breaking or anything so I don’t know why I’m not further along.

I know I am little scissor happy, but even then......Sigh.. I just want more hair. LOL

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I used to think I was a steady grower. But now I’m not so sure. I don’t see my hair breaking or anything so I don’t know why I’m not further along.

I know I am little scissor happy, but even then......Sigh.. I just want more hair. LOL

You are growing steady. Just make sure to retain steady.

The ways that I know for SURE that my hair is not breaking is. I make sure it feels moist and supple ALL THE TIME. How can it break while feeling like that right?

I do protein in my conditioners every two weeks/every wash day. Just a little cap full of Keratin or Wheat.

And I seal my ends until they cant move(I'm talking really slicked ends), they will stay and wont curl on themselves resulting in more breaking/trimming.

LOL You know how you lick the end of tread in order to get it into that tiny eye of the needle? That is how I do my ends with grease.

Last edited:

Sosoothing

You are growing steady. Just make sure to retain steady.

The ways that I know for SURE that my hair is not breaking is. I make sure it feels moist and supple ALL THE TIME. How can it break while feeling like that right?

I do protein in my conditioners every two weeks/every wash day. Just a little cap full of Keratin or Wheat.

And I seal my ends until they cant move(I'm talking really slicked ends), they will stay and wont curl on themselves resulting in more breaking/trimming.

LOL You know how you lick the end of tread in order to get it into that tiny eye of the needle? That is how I do my ends with grease.

What kind of keratin (brand) do you use?

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
A co-worker (Lady) said to another co-worker loudly as I past her to go to the copier machine "I am going to cut off her hair!" referring to me. She proceeds to say "just a little bit of her hair is all I would need". She then said "I am so jealous!" I really did not know what to say. so I said "I don't know what to say about all that, uh" We laugh. :look::look:

What is going on? No one cared one iota about my hair when it was long and relaxed, when it was flowing and curled and all that! NOW its the main attraction.

Last edited:

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
A co-worker (Lady) said to another co-worker loudly as I past her to go to the copier machine "I am going to cut off her hair!" referring to me. She proceeds to say "just a little bit of her hair is all I would need". She then said "I am so jealous!" I really did not know what to say. so I said "I don't know what to say about all that, uh" We laugh. :look::look:

What is going on? No one cared one iota about my hair when it was long and relaxed, when it was flowing and curled and all that! NOW its the main attraction.

People can just be so damn silly sometimes. Le sigh.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
People can just be so damn silly sometimes. Le sigh.

Actually @keranikki I am Silly so that makes her silly bounce right off me. If that makes any sense.

She is ok, but I have to be carful when people say they want to cut my hair. This would be about the 7th or 8th time she has blurted something out about my hair since last April.

Here is another funny one: One time she was putting up the office Christmas tree and bumped her head on the corner a desk. She said "if I had your hair I wouldn't have felt a thing. I would have had cushion" or something like that.

I am not one to be offended(why should I be really) It actually tickles me.