Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I skipped over deep conditioning this wash and my hair feels so nice. It's healthy and fluffy:love3:

Next wash is 3-4 weeks from now. I love my hair so much :love2:

Been taking my vitamins and I started Wild Growth oil again. I want more of this cotton candy hair:love4::mmmchocolate:I don't even care hard it may get. I thank God for it!:love5:

My detangling session has increased in time. Sometimes I have to do one side one day and do the other side another day :rolleyes: if that's what it takes so be it.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Man, my hair feels really soft. Lemme find out all I needed was some leave in conditioner and some Care Free Curl. If this keeps up, I might end up going back natural :lachen:
Nice!! I love CBC! Keeps my hair so so so soft. I knew that this was a go to product when I returned natural. I skipped product junkism completely because of fond memories of "the juice".

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I purchased some hair perfume so that I can hide the smell of the Wild Growth Hair oil. I hope it works. The only reason I stoped using the oil was the smell. I hope it gets here before I go back to work.

LavenderMint

Question: When you hear about new haircare techniques, how swayed are you by presentation?
Does a YouTuber citing research help you make your decision or do you find it pretentious and “over your head”?

Last edited:

icsonia22

Question: When you hear about new haircare techniques, how swayed are you by presentation?
Does a YouTuber citing research help you make your decision or do you find it pretentious and “over your head”?

The research makes me trust them more. My favorite natural hair blog is written by a scientist (naturalhavenbloom). If someone doesn't have any proof, then I'm less likely to believe them. Everyone swears Jamaican black castor oil grows edges but I have yet to see a study where someone uses it on one side of their head and not the other. Even doing that isn't fool proof because one side could grow faster but it's still a more convincing argument than a verbal testimony alone

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
My hair itched so much last night after applying wild growth oil. I smiled like the Grinch and said "iitttsss growwinng". Then the itch kicked in harder "Dont scratch, dont scratch let it do what it do".

HIP LENGTH 2018! / APL unstretched.

FadingDelilah

The research makes me trust them more. My favorite natural hair blog is written by a scientist (naturalhavenbloom). If someone doesn't have any proof, then I'm less likely to believe them. Everyone swears Jamaican black castor oil grows edges but I have yet to see a study where someone uses it on one side of their head and not the other. Even doing that isn't fool proof because one side could grow faster but it's still a more convincing argument than a verbal testimony alone

I was always suspicious of those claims too. Many people say it takes months to see results with it, but if your edges ever had a chance to regrow in the first place, you'd have gotten those results naturally, so how can you say its the oil? My theory is if your edges are going to ever grow back, they will do it by themselves within a few months. If not, after a few months they still won't be back. Oils can only make edges grow in faster, not revive dead follicles to produce hairs. And in the case of faster growth, you're best off using stimulating essential oils, not carrier oils like castor. I've seen some people with permanently damaged edges get a little peach fuzz around the hairline if they use special products or techniques but the edges never fully unless they get surgery since the follicles are dead.

However, prayer can restore all edges.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I hope my mini twists touch shoulder length in 6 months. I installed them today without extensions and the shape is weird. However, I don't wear my hair out at this point so let the long-term protective styling fun begin!

@I Am So Blessed

I would have started my hair journey back then.
OMG @FadingDelilah dont even get me started lol. I understand you. If I had been serious then I would have butt length hair and longer by now *hence the reason I've been so focused on making goals since 3 years ago, trying to redeem the lost years* I think about this several times a week.
I bet your mini twists are cute! Protective styling is underrated. I don't see many YouTube guru's doing this.

How many twists do you have?

Last edited:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Alot of these youtubers copy the same facial expresions. You think an expression is/was exclusive to one because her face natural moves that was then you see a newer YouTubers does the same? And they even copy each other's mannerisms...gosh. Most have that goofy/nonchalant-ness thing going on.

Just observing.

FadingDelilah

OMG @FadingDelilah dont even get me started lol. I understand you. If I had been serious then I would have butt length hair and longer by now *hence the reason I've been so focused on making goals since 3 years ago, trying to redeem the lost years* I think about this several times a week.
I bet your mini twists are cute! Protective styling is underrated. I don't see many YouTube guru's doing this.

How many twists do you have?

Probably around 200. Took me 8 hours cause I'm soo lazy and need a thirty minute- 1 hour break after every section, lol! Time spent twisting was probably only about 4 hours. I'm not fully shoulder length yet. My short term goal is keeping them in two months and learning 2 cute styles.

Britt

Are any of you good with styling your natural hair? That use to be a challenge for me. Right now I’m in braids with a twa but I’ve been watching YouTube videos of those with short hair and I feel like they make it look so effortless. Like when I cut my hair I was just left with a dry fro but I see women with my hair length do coils and style their hair in a way that looks so cute even down the neatly brushed baby hairs. Idk, I feel discouraged bc styling has always been a challenge for me. I always kept it safe and wore a twist out.

Artemis24

Are any of you good with styling your natural hair? That use to be a challenge for me. Right now I’m in braids with a twa but I’ve been watching YouTube videos of those with short hair and I feel like they make it look so effortless. Like when I cut my hair I was just left with a dry fro but I see women with my hair length do coils and style their hair in a way that looks so cute even down the neatly brushed baby hairs. Idk, I feel discouraged bc styling has always been a challenge for me. I always kept it safe and wore a twist out.

I'm style challenged. It's easier to do something now that I'm BSL but twa through SL was mainly wash-n-gos. I started actively growing my hair longer because I love the braided buns I see on lhc (99% ww ) but I haven't actually learned how to do any of them yet. I think I'll set a goal of 2 new hairstyles per month. I'm tired of wearing 2 flat twists every day. I can barely style twist outs and braid outs so I never do them.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Probably around 200. Took me 8 hours cause I'm soo lazy and need a thirty minute- 1 hour break after every section, lol! Time spent twisting was probably only about 4 hours. I'm not fully shoulder length yet. My short term goal is keeping them in two months and learning 2 cute styles.
"Nice!!" *loudly*

Good goals, protective syling and keeping it in for a long time without touching (apart from washing and moisturizing) is also a tiny goal of mine. I wish you well on this. I bet you can even curl them like the loc'ed sistas do!

I currently have ten chunky twists in my head formed into an up do (Had to take a photo at the DMV today).

200 is a lot! That means 50 per quarter!

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Part of me wants locs (35% of me). I was telling someone today how much I've been thinking about locking my hair. They are so pretty. I would get faux locs first to try it out. I would do freeforms though. All I would have to do is separate and go, no twisting or anything.

Attachments

• 384_freeformlocks.jpg
    384_freeformlocks.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 25
  • qqbloi.jpg
    qqbloi.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 24

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
If I were to loc my hair i think all I'd have to do is twists. Let them marinate in time and watch them lock. I'd do about 120 twists, 30 on each quarter.

Britt

I'm style challenged. It's easier to do something now that I'm BSL but twa through SL was mainly wash-n-gos. I started actively growing my hair longer because I love the braided buns I see on lhc (99% ww ) but I haven't actually learned how to do any of them yet. I think I'll set a goal of 2 new hairstyles per month. I'm tired of wearing 2 flat twists every day. I can barely style twist outs and braid outs so I never do them.
I feel ya. I think it’s easier to style/deal with when your natural hair is longer and can at least stretch an old twist out into a bun. The shorter it is I feel more work. I think this go around I’ll experiment more with wash and go. It seems the raking method might give me some definition.