Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

sunflora

Flowah Powah
I have reached hair nirvana. I have a favorite shampoo, cowash, DC, leave in, gel AND oil. I no longer need to buy (different) products. I need to just sit my butt down, do my daily routine and like it!! I'm sure I'll get results from that. If ya'll see me buying some $50 prepoo or something, please slap me. I'm slowly trying to give away my unused products and clear up some bathroom space, then I will live the clean life.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I have reached hair nirvana. I have a favorite shampoo, cowash, DC, leave in, gel AND oil. I no longer need to buy (different) products. I need to just sit my butt down, do my daily routine and like it!! I'm sure I'll get results from that. If ya'll see me buying some $50 prepoo or something, please slap me. I'm slowly trying to give away my unused products and clear up some bathroom space, then I will live the clean life.
:biggrin:Nice!!

GettingKinky

@GettingKinky Also, another thing I thought of was to make sure you find out whats causing the thinning and fix it before you start trimming anything. It might just happen again otherwise.

I agree. I just trimmed a few months ago and I don’t want to trim again. My ends tangle so easily even when I twist and bun. I think my ends are just old and I wasn’t nice enough to them during their long life.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I am so happy with my growth! You can kinda map the growth by the back rolls. Hair hung at SL last year, this year APL? That's what I go by :look:

upload_2018-7-12_11-7-49.png

I can't believe these are MY pics that I'm looking at! All these years looking at other people's long hair length checks and now look it's ME!! I'm going to wake up and still be in my bed right?

Last edited:

FadingDelilah

I agree. I just trimmed a few months ago and I don’t want to trim again. My ends tangle so easily even when I twist and bun. I think my ends are just old and I wasn’t nice enough to them during their long life.

That could be it. In that case, trimming at the pace you're comfortable with wouldn't be a bad idea. It could also be your health has improved in some way since then or something. Whatever you decide to do, good luck :)

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
My head itches :blush2:, that means growth. Ive been using my growth aides for the past few days. I Feel the tingle and itch.. yall by October my hair gonna be the chit!!

:look:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
4.5 of 6 sections detangled :look:

Today was one of my best updos for walking the Atlanitic City boardwalk. I got compliments from strangers. One woman asked could she touch it. She did and sniffed her hand after and said "Oh and it smells so good!" I laughed so much inwardly! Wow that craked me up. My hair always smells good. I still have not washed it in weeks.

Do you have a pic? I need inspiration!?

Bun Mistress

What do you think it was about the rice water that fried your ends?
I never had a problem with rice water rinses but I did them the traditional japanese way as a "shampoo" and the best way to do this is to use the rice bran (you can but this or use brown rice rinsing water). Also traditional this was used once a month or every 2 weeks as people washed their hair way less back in the day.
I never did it for "growth" so I can comment on that.

I use seaweed as a shampoo now mostly but I will do rice bran rinses occasionally. I bought a ton a while ago to bath, hair,ect...

I wanted to add, I remember after I wrote this that I always out a light coating of oil om my hair as a treatment prior to the rice water rinse. This was from the traditional care book as well. They recommend Rice bran oil or Camellia oil a moderate amount on the hair and scalp, a warm towel for 20 minutes then the rinse, work through let it sit for a few minutes then rinse and condition.

I don't know what people on youtube are doing but i have the suspicion that they are using this as a final rinse. Rice bran and rice water are not a conditioning rinse. In fact if you play around with rice water or rice bran water it will bubble and foam. Not a conditioner. Its not a soap and it won't strip your hair but i have never read of it being used traditionally as a conditioner. I did this this weekend because I didn't soak any seaweed and I just wanted to wash my hair. No issues with dryness. If your hair has had dryness from this try the above method. Now the claims that is will grow you hair, I have also not seen this either. It is just a mild nurishing cleanser

Last edited:

Bun Mistress

the hair at the front of my head and the back are soo different after two kids. The front is coarse kinky fizzy the back the soft curl I that am used to it is driving me nuts What can you do? I am serious? Advice? What is funny is that the front retains length and/i=or grows much faster.
I have two different heads of hair on my head right now.