Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I used them before but for some reason I stopped. I don’t remember why. Ive been using black soap for a while for my scalp. It’s a lot better now, and I was always happy with sulfates.
That's what gets hair clean, YouTube guru's and popular vote turns people off from sulfates..why though? Stick to what you know! Let it Show that you gone be aight with sulfates.

Grease is not popular either, but since I've been using it my hair is easy to detangle and I have way less SSK!. Popular demand kiss @ss.

Oh btw. My hair is thicker since using grease. Say "No" to popular demand.

Last edited:

Daina

the hair at the front of my head and the back are soo different after two kids. The front is coarse kinky fizzy the back the soft curl I that am used to it is driving me nuts What can you do? I am serious? Advice? What is funny is that the front retains length and/i=or grows much faster.
I have two different heads of hair on my head right now.

@Bun Mistress, my hair is the same way! The front is more dry, frizzy and less defined than the back. It just won't let me be great. I even suspect it's low porosity, while the back stays better moisturized, softer and the s-shaped curls are much more defined. I have to do a lot with the front for a decent wash n go.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
LOL oh my stomach hurts from being over joyed and laughing all night..
Hey y'all listen to this with head phones with good base.... don't look at the corny video.

(What I'm blasting in the house) When you finally make your hair goals though, its like BOOM CLAP...

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
That's what gets hair clean, YouTube guru's and popular vote turns people off from sulfates..why though? Stick to what you know! Let it Show that you gone be aight with sulfates.

Grease is not popular either, but since I've been using it my hair is easy to detangle and I have way less SSK!. Popular demand kiss @ss.

I believe I stopped because I bought some other shampoo and wanted to use it :lachen: because I purchased like 4 bottles. Somewhere down the line, I stopped using that one too. Idk what I was using but then I made black soap shampoo for my scalp and my scalp improved a lot. So i didn’t stop because of others, I stopped because I’m a junkie :lachen:I went in Ulta for one thing and came out with two other things and not the original item. But I’m fine because I loved this shampoo before and still love it.

I use natural greases, because blue magic would cause tooooo much buildup on my hair, but I’m not against grease. In the winter, I heavy seal, and it works. I might give it a go when it gets colder (and is less likely to cause too much buildup) but grease does work. Don’t have to preach it to me, I put the ones I have on my ends and tell others to do the same. It will not hurt you.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
@I Am So Blessed I have been lurking over here for a few months, but I have gotten PMs and I have told people that if they don’t want to purchase curl activator, I mix glycerin and water in a spray bottle (I tell them how to play with proportions) and seal with Shea Butter. You will never have unmoisturized hair.
So true! I love glycerin. I have never sealed with butter, just grease and it's good. I may try sealing with Shea butter since I have a whole tub of it. We don't need top shelf products to maintain good hair.

Aggie

I just cut off all my demi permanent damaged/texlaxed hair myself and it's all uneven. Looks like I have to go to a hair stylist to even it up for me. I only have about 3.5 inches of hair left on my head and I know when I get it evened up, I'll only have about 2.5 inches left. I'm okay with that.

I'd rather it be all short and healthy again than to have damaged ends hanging on for dear life but look like crap. I will be protective styling with wigs until I get it all back to about 8-10 inches before I will try and bun it again.

Last edited:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I just cut off all my demi permanent damaged/texlaxed hair myself and it's all uneven. Looks like I have to go to a hair stylist to even it up for me. I only have about 3.5 inches of hair left on my head and I know when I get it evened up, I'll only have about 2.5 inches left. I'm okay with that.

I'd rather it be all short and healthy again than to have damaged ends hanging on for dear life but look like crap. I will be protective styling with wigs until I get it all back to about 8-10 inches before I will try and bun it again.
Congratulations on your new start! How exciting!

sunflora

Flowah Powah

I find it depends on product. I can go sulfate free if I'm not using petrolatum, mineral oil, or cones. When I am using these, sulfates are definitely what's going to get my hair clean - those three things aren't water soluble and will build up like nothing else.

YT is full of it sometimes. I still get triggered when I see a scalp massage brush. I have one of them :look: but I was going through a dark time

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I find it depends on product. I can go sulfate free if I'm not using petrolatum, mineral oil, or cones. When I am using these, sulfates are definitely what's going to get my hair clean - those three things aren't water soluble and will build up like nothing else.

YT is full of it sometimes. I still get triggered when I see a scalp massage brush. I have one of them :look: but I was going through a dark time
Haha this cracked me up...They know how to get us don't they? True, it all depends on what works for you.

PlanetCybertron

I hopped in the shower this morning, scrubbed down, co-washes, all that....and I had to giggle to myself over the product label for Dove conditioner.

“ADVANCED MOISTURE”.

What’s so advanced about dimethicone, Glycerin, and BTMS in a 32 oz. bottle? Lol

Makes my hair super soft and lightly coated, but man do manufacturers like to blow stuff up to make it all sparkly and dazzling.

GettingKinky

I was just on a cruise. It left from NOLA and there were soooo many black people on boards. All shapes, sizes and shades it was awesome to see. While I completely understand the reasons for braids, weaves, and wigs, I really wish more black women would wear their own hair, I estimate that less than 20% of the black women onboard were wearing their own hair.

GettingKinky

@I Am So Blessed I have been lurking over here for a few months, but I have gotten PMs and I have told people that if they don’t want to purchase curl activator, I mix glycerin and water in a spray bottle (I tell them how to play with proportions) and seal with Shea Butter. You will never have unmoisturized hair.

I’m interested in making my own curl activtor mix. I’m not sure it will work for me since I live in a low humidity area. What’s a good ratio of water to glycerin to start out with?

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
Come on Autumn! Hurry up and arrive so I can have better skin again and so I can do a braidNcurl. I love the crisp air of Autumn with a hot cup of coffee. Please please let me have a man by then. :look: