Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

LushLox

Yes, she is also a stylist. I have a few of her trim tutorials saved. They look really good. The only hesitation I have is that when doing the vertical sections, I can’t tell what angle she’s cutting the hair.

Do you normally just do your own trims?

I know what you mean about those angled sections, I worried about that as well. But once I tried it, it seemed absolutely fine; the hair just seems to fall better.

I've done my own trims for about 5 years now. It wasn't great at first, sometimes I would be a bit lopsided and the left and right side wasn't even but I've got much better over time and that doesn't happen anymore.

I'll never go to a stylist now for a trim.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
So, I wanna go somewhere and let them lay a wig on me for the next 3 weeks but in the back of my head I’m like , nah. You better braidout and keep it moving

I also let my gas light come on, on the way to work. So, as soon as I get off, gas!!!

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
So, I wanna go somewhere and let them lay a wig on me for the next 3 weeks but in the back of my head I’m like , nah. You better braidout and keep it moving

I also let my gas light come on, on the way to work. So, as soon as I get off, gas!!!
I have always wanted to get a wig installed. Let me get a flawless blend I’m going to be horrible.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
What type of glue do you use? Do you give it 2-3 mins before applying?

I dun tried it all . I cant hold the lash thingie still. My hands shake. I cant get it to place right. I barely have any lashes so its hard.

I did have a little success with the individuals adding it from the bottom but then my eyes start watering and i give up @Plushottie

Last edited:

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
I dun tried it all . I cant hold the lash thingie still. My hands shake. I cant get it to place right. I barely have any lashes so its hard.

I did have a little success with the individuals adding it from the bottom but then my eyes start watering and i give up @Plushottie
I had a feeling your eyes watered. I got to think on this one. I wonder if the magnetic ones do the same.

Plushottie

Thicc and fione
Someone else can do it. I just cant get them on myself. Rarely have i succeeded. @Plushottie
This is like a puzzle to me.
On another note I went to the beauty supply yesterday and I have to say I have gotten bougie in my old age. I felt so odd being in one since I went online only when I moved to the Midwest. I go maybe once a yr but it just doesn’t have that it factor.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
This is like a puzzle to me.
On another note I went to the beauty supply yesterday and I have to say I have gotten bougie in my old age. I felt so odd being in one since I went online only when I moved to the Midwest. I go maybe once a yr but it just doesn’t have that it factor.
If you're in Illinois, check out Sam's Beauty Warehouse.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I was hopeless at applying lashes until I watched two videos. The most helpful for me was this one.
I’ve tried to use tweezers but my coordination is horrible. I just use my fingers. Lately I’ve been wearing lash extensions. To save money I’ll start practicing this application method. Thanks for posting the video.

I’m trying to get a last minute appointment at my Dominican salon. If it’s full I’ll go to this other salon. A chick is doing $35 silk presses. Ion trust it lol. Too cheap. Even the Dominicans are charging $60/70 now

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
So I have 2 hair appointments Anyone in Houston want a $35 silk press? You can have my spot. The salon is on Bellfort

GGsKin

Wow, time flies. I've been wrapping my hair up for 5 weeks now- a DC session somehow just got prolonged lol. I feel like I should wash it and do something. I want to take it down over Christmas, but this wrap life is even easier.