Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

newnyer

Mixed up a batch of henna & letting it sit overnight for the dye release. It's my first time & I'm so anxious/excited I keep peeking at the bowl like I'm baking a cake or something. Lol.

(Sure doesn't smell like cake though.)

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using myTouch_4G_Slide

Embyra

Magic Star Comb is the shhhiiiii.........:yep: i could feel a instant difference with how the comb went through my hair compared to my seamed wide tooth comb

Im getting the smaller one as well :grin:

LadyRaider

I'm really considering a non-LHCF blog. But then again, I rarely visit other forums so truthfully speaking, my LHCF blog is all that I need.

divachyk - my LHCF blog and see some of the tools that I use to bun.

I am mad because my hair is too short for your pretty buns. :sad: What did you do at shoulder length to protective style?

Kurlee

do any naturals experience the "new growth effect", when they do a blowout? My roots revert to the point where my hair behaves like it needs a touchup (thick roots, lifeless ends). Grrrrrrrrrrrrr, washed that ish out!

Imani

My hair seems like its at a stand still. Soon as I start getting close to my goals its wants to be slower than christmas getting these last few inches.

I need to get on point with my vitamins, diet, water, exercise, and scalp treatments. As a matter of fact, bout to pop some vits right now.

I'm at 8.5 inches right now. I need 10 to make APL. My end of year goal was full APL at 11 inches. But I would be ok with 10-10.5. Just as long as I make APL.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Just ordered a new steamer. I forgot how much I LOVE using it since the one I bought last year fell a few times and broke. I'm SO excited! PLUS that means a package in the mail. SCORE!!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
do any naturals experience the "new growth effect", when they do a blowout? My roots revert to the point where my hair behaves like it needs a touchup (thick roots, lifeless ends). Grrrrrrrrrrrrr, washed that ish out!

this is why i dont do blow outs! my hair doesnt work well in that inbetween state. it either has to be fully natural or straighted with a flat iron to be wearable.

LifeafterLHCF

SuchaLady will be mine or some bun style for the rest of the summer I'm in Texas I'm tired of having hot head after work..its like when I wear half wigs I'm wanting to take it off in the car while driving..not cute when you need to run in the store.

melissa-bee

I hennaed for the first time today and I had loads of breakage. Never again. The breakage reminded me of my transitioning days.

Lucia

She's natural and she lays her hair down beautifully.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT_u7XmWC7E&feature=fvwrel Why can't I? I dont understand. Thats how I want my pony to look. :cry:

That's called eco styler magic, :lol: also she looks like she may have fine texture natural hair but it works on thick hair like mine that gel gives ++10 hold, but you have to moisturize alot with conditioner, oils under it or else you get dryness and breakage. I'm trying to wean my hair off eco styler, Its good gel but all gels have a drying effect and they leave residue.

Iluvsmuhgrass

That's called eco styler magic, :lol: also she looks like she may have fine texture natural hair but it works on thick hair like mine that gel gives ++10 hold, but you have to moisturize alot with conditioner, oils under it or else you get dryness and breakage. I'm trying to wean my hair off eco styler, Its good gel but all gels have a drying effect and they leave residue.

:lol: Girl you ain't neva lied! Water + my grass + ecostyler = :love:

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
At TGF Haircutters...a nervous wreck...
I plan to be very vocal about my trim, if ish hits the fan, I might be making the evening news

Sent from my Sprint HTC Evo using Long Hair Care Forum App

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
At TGF Haircutters...a nervous wreck...
I plan to be very vocal about my trim, if ish hits the fan, I might be making the evening news.

So im back...and I got that corrective cut i needed...lm at BSB but an even, blunt cut, which is what I asked for..My ends were see through and gross and it was looking real tacky.. now i can grow even, healthy hair

ScorpioBeauty09

I really hate that this setback happened. After measuring I've determined I lost 3.5 inches!!!! Even if I retain all that I grow (odds are that won't happen) it will take me another year to make BSL when I was projected to reach it by the end of this year!!! Ugh, the whole thing makes me sick!!!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I am mad because my hair is too short for your pretty buns. :sad: What did you do at shoulder length to protective style?
Hey @LadyRaider - I didn't PS back then. Wore my hair out every day of the week, 365 days a year. My hair grew without a personal regi and/or hair care practice of my own. Back then, I was salon dependent and went faithfully every 2 weeks without fail. Got my TU every 6 weeks and trimmed every 12 weeks. I didn't learn of proper hair care until joining LHCF a year ago. I was roughly BSB when I joined.

Embyra

It is. I never paid attention to her hair in this movie until now. I think that ever since I've been on this hair journey, I automatically zoom in on hair now lol.

me neither i was watching it with a friend few weeks ago we spent the whole time talking about her hair smmfh:lachen: hair forums will get to you......sooner or later:spinning::lol: