Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

hair4romheaven

NJoy wear it out around the house for the man for a few days. Gheez let him NJOY it. LMAO

I miss my hair. It's been about a month since having it braided. I'm still wigging it. Trying to go for 6 more weeks.

Embyra

smh i tried with you fancy gels i really did but my hair just isnt feeling you im sorry:nono:
i couldnt go another week with a hair fail (curlywhip) so i put some ecostyler gel on top of the aloefix and my hair was like mmmm thats right baby thats the spot :infatuated::trophy: eco styler stays WINNING! :lol:

Aggie

I have got to do whatever it takes this time around to avoid getting those nasty ssks in my hair again. I am going into an all out war against them so even though I hate straighteneing my hair, I may have to now to save it or keep it braided/corn-rowed all the time until it grows out into a nice length where I can wear it out again. I miss my length.

~sigh~

winona

I am really feelin this swig cap:) My edges are definitely liking it better than the other cap and satin scarf I was using.

winona

I hate being away from home during the week but I love being able to wear my ***** braids under my wig without the hubby getting funny actin oo

LynnieB

I have got to do whatever it takes this time around to avoid getting those nasty ssks in my hair again. I am going into an all out war against them so even though I hate straighteneing my hair, I may have to now to save it or keep it braided/corn-rowed all the time until it grows out into a nice length where I can wear it out again. I miss my length.

~sigh~

You don't have to straighten :) Try just blow drying your hair. Of course use what you'd normally use if you'd flatiron; deep condition, heat protectant (pay extra attention to your ends even use an oil, plain old grease or Crisco on them).

You don't even have to blow dry 100% dry - try 75-80%. Should be enough to cut down on those SSKs while keeping your hair stretched out and a bit straighter/smoother than by airdrying alone.

Sorry for getting into your thoughts :lachen:

Aviah

I can never just enjoy braids. Spent so long doing them and a week later I miss my hair. Ah well. 7 weeks to go...

Sent from my GT-I5700 using GT-I5700

jbwphoto1

To the lady I was walking behind in the hall here at work, that is not an unconstructed afro. That's being too lazy to pick out the sides and back of your head! :nono: :perplexed

jbwphoto1

And I forgot to ask, can I get a show of hands of who has put their wig on in the car on the way to work in the morning? :look:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
hair4romheaven;15119577[B said:
]@[/B]NJoy wear it out around the house for the man for a few days. Gheez let him NJOY it. LMAO

I miss my hair. It's been about a month since having it braided. I'm still wigging it. Trying to go for 6 more weeks.

hair4romheaven

Negative! I see he's gotten to you too. Traitors, I tell ya! Traitors in my midst.

I'm 40 wks post. It ain't going down like that. My hair is loc'g up at the thought of it. I've been relaxed or flat ironed every time he's seen my hair out. He ain't ready. :nono: He can't HANDLE the truth! :spinning:

:lachen:

-PYT

Welp, the straightened hair made it to two weeks. I'm thinking of blow drying and doing a braidout. I really don't think I'm good at doing plaits though.

Anybody ever think of a new style to try and then spend hours watching youtube vids about said style before attempting? :look: yeah, I'm that person :rofl:

Ms. Tiki

:lachen::lachen::lachen: NJoy I thought he was supposed to be leaving. If you wear it out one good time I bet he won't ask again. Hell, he might help you put it up on a ponytail after:grin:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
:lachen::lachen::lachen: @NJoy I thought he was supposed to be leaving. If you wear it out one good time I bet he won't ask again. Hell, he might help you put it up on a ponytail after:grin:

Ms. Tiki

Girl, he's been leaving forever and a day. The latest update is that he's leaving on Monday. Apparently, you can't PAY a brotha to come up from under me. But, we shall see.

In the meantime, I just got out of an hour long shower trying to tame some tangles. Um, no. He can't handle this. :nono: He can see my hair out in the Spring sometime around my next length check. :)lachen:) Meantime, he can check out our anniversary pics and call it a day. :rolleyes: Shooooot. I'M not ready.

Did I mention an hour long shower? *sucks teeth* shoooooooooot.... :rolleyes:

LadyRaider

Lol.
The thread where we talked about where our hair would be without LHCF sent me searching through the old photos/videos I took when I first started my hair journey.

1. It's good to see those because for some reason I always think my hair was longer. But once I started to learn about healthy hair, I had bad ends cut and then crooked hair straightened out. So My hair was shorter than I realize... shorter than it was in the wretched photo I posted in the other thread.

2. I found a video of me head bopping to "Dangerous" by Akon with a gold heating cap on my head. Too funny!

hair4romheaven

@hair4romheaven

Negative! I see he's gotten to you too. Traitors, I tell ya! Traitors in my midst.

I'm 40 wks post. It ain't going down like that. My hair is loc'g up at the thought of it. I've been relaxed or flat ironed every time he's seen my hair out. He ain't ready. :nono: He can't HANDLE the truth! :spinning:

:lachen:

LMAO!!!!:lachen: I died laughing. I guess he will enjoy it once yo get a touch up. I know you will miss him when he travels but will be so happy to apply your other oils in peace!!:lachen:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
@NJoy That poor man!!! I still say scare the hell out of him one good time. I can't imagine detangling for an hour.

@Ms. Tiki

I did scare him good one time. I was in the middle of a MAJOR detangling nightmare, somewhere around 37 wks post at the beginning of this year. I might've been speaking in tongues. I don't even know. All I know is he was ready to run out and get me a perm like I was a woman in labor. :lachen:

I repeat. He. ain't. ready. :grin:

LMAO!!!!:lachen: I died laughing. I guess he will enjoy it once yo get a touch up. I know you will miss him when he travels but will be so happy to apply your other oils in peace!!:lachen:

hair4romheaven

See what I'm sayin? I hate to rush him out but wow, babe! You still here? :lachen: There's gonna be some serious concoctions and rituals going on up in here. I'm off schedule and have to catch up. Shooot. You might mess around and catch me doing a Hopi Hair Dance.

Last edited:

Embyra

hmmmm hair feels a lil dry with that aloefix in it but nothing major.

I have my cleanser and styler i need to fix another deep conditioner besides my usual mix

Aggie

You don't have to straighten :) Try just blow drying your hair. Of course use what you'd normally use if you'd flatiron; deep condition, heat protectant (pay extra attention to your ends even use an oil, plain old grease or Crisco on them).

You don't even have to blow dry 100% dry - try 75-80%. Should be enough to cut down on those SSKs while keeping your hair stretched out and a bit straighter/smoother than by airdrying alone.

Sorry for getting into your thoughts :lachen:

Wow, unbelievable! I was just searching on amazon and folica.com for an ionic/tourmaline blow dryer, checked my email notifications and here you are with the very thing that was on my mind. You could get into my thoughts anytime. You were on point today.

I actually have a great thermal protector already - Keracare thermal protector. Thanks for the helpful suggestions:kiss:. I will be giving those a whirl:yep:.

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Spent the past 3 hrs thoroughly detangling and moisturizing my hair. (This after an hour in the shower earlier). I used up the last of my creamy leave ins and a ton of Crisco. My hair looks and feels great! Time well spent.

Embyra

My SAA and wheatgerm oil came today:grin::grin:

I just checked a website as they didnt have the syntonics stuff i wanted to try last year they now do and yes i bought some:look:

Syntonics Shea-Coconut Light Moisturizing Creme
Syntonics Edge Define Hairline Smoother

Last edited:

ChasingBliss

One drawback about my precious organic hemp oil...the smell. I'm here at work like wtf. I am going to find a fragrant oil to mix it with. I absolutely cannot stop using it. It has way too many benefits...