Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Lissa0821

Never really had a specific hair goal, but now that I am back to shoulder length I think it is time to set a goal. Full APL it is for me, with my fine hair it is a ongoing fight to have hair that has fullness to the ends. I think the way to go for me is a blunt cut only, no more layers ever again.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Hmmmm.... It's been awhile since I've received a package in the mail. Time to do some online shopping. I wonder what I should get.... :confused:

LynnieB

Wow, unbelievable! I was just searching on amazon and folica.com for an ionic/tourmaline blow dryer, checked my email notifications and here you are with the very thing that was on my mind. You could get into my thoughts anytime. You were on point today.

I actually have a great thermal protector already - Keracare thermal protector. Thanks for the helpful suggestions:kiss:. I will be giving those a whirl:yep:.

Cool!! Please let me know how it works out for you. I think you'll get way less this way.

I remember when I wore puffs and other loose styles = SSK city than began doing twist/braid outs on wet/damp hair and oiling my ends really well and found this cut them down a bunch but using a blow dryer cut them down to close to 0.

Just remember to keep up your conditioning and heat protection, don't blow dry soaking wet hair or use the hellfire high heat setting and try to dry only 75-80%, see how it goes then go up from there if you need to.

HHG and enjoy your hair!!

Embyra

eeerrrr you havent seen your hair since 2009 and insist on giving advice??:ohwell: who even knows if you have hair??

chelseatiara

IM SO PISSED AT MYSELF!!!!! I saw my old hair dresser today and I thought he just wanted to touch my hair (I big chopped) No he PULLED it REPEATEDLY trying to stretch out my curls and make them stand up talking bout "you supposed to look wild" no you idiot im supposed to look like me! like i groomed myself! It was still wet from me cowashing it this morning so him pulling it made it frizz out and on top of that my scalp STILL hurts like hell :/ I could just kick myself :nono:

Ms. Tiki

My poor hair feels neglected. I have a test on Thurs and the only thing I managed to do is pre-poo, poo, and a quick con in the shower. I wanted to steam tonight but it didn't happen

NJoy

Here I grow again!
IM SO PISSED AT MYSELF!!!!! I saw my old hair dresser today and I thought he just wanted to touch my hair (I big chopped) No he PULLED it REPEATEDLY trying to stretch out my curls and make them stand up talking bout "you supposed to look wild" no you idiot im supposed to look like me! like i groomed myself! It was still wet from me cowashing it this morning so him pulling it made it frizz out and on top of that my scalp STILL hurts like hell :/ I could just kick myself :nono:

Kick yourself? Girl, you should've kicked your old stylist and kept on moving.

chelseatiara

Aggie

Cool!! Please let me know how it works out for you. I think you'll get way less this way.

I remember when I wore puffs and other loose styles = SSK city than began doing twist/braid outs on wet/damp hair and oiling my ends really well and found this cut them down a bunch but using a blow dryer cut them down to close to 0.

Just remember to keep up your conditioning and heat protection, don't blow dry soaking wet hair or use the hellfire high heat setting and try to dry only 75-80%, see how it goes then go up from there if you need to.

HHG and enjoy your hair!!

Thanks love. I will definitely be getting a better blow dryer now. I have one, but it is not ionic or tourmaline and that is the dryer I want to use for my hair moving forward.

Aggie

I need to DC today but I am feeling sooooooooooo lazy.....like I need the hands of someone else who knows what she's doing, taking care of my hair, just until it grows out to a length I can handle on my own again.

Okay, I'll DC on dry hair and slap a plastic cap on under my wigs for today. I gatta do something with it and this is better than doing nothing at all.

Embyra

Cant wait till the rest of my stuff gets here i would like to commence the mixing!:lol:

Last edited:

Evolving78

my hair needs to be neglected. i can't keep my freakin hands out of it. i cowashed and dc'ed yesterday. i let it airdry and it was a dry hot mess on the top and still damp at the bottom. i can't airdry for nothing. it doesn't do my hair any good. i had too much going on to rollerset my hair, so that knocked my off of my schedule. since i am going to a meet up this Saturday, i will have to do my hair again. i wish i could set my hair and it still looks good by the weekend. i know that won't happened. with my hair being at the length, hairstyles don't last long on me. three days tops. i wish i could find a style wear i could wash my hair and not have to manipulate too much. i wonder if i can use flexi rods at night to preserve my hair.

My poor hair feels neglected. I have a test on Thurs and the only thing I managed to do is pre-poo, poo, and a quick con in the shower. I wanted to steam tonight but it didn't happen

Aggie

Okay cornrows with braid extension hair under a wig is next on my agenda for next month. I just decided that because it would be perfect for the C&G. HYH, and Wig challenges:yay:.

FoxxyLocs

When I had my hair straight I put it up in a high ponytail. It looked so fake I took it down and just wore it loose. The next time I straighten I'm going to wear my pony out somewhere no matter how fake it looks, lol.

Last edited:

winona

I do not want to detangle my hair tomorrow and I am not going to. I don't care if its Friday/hair day. I will get home to late so this week it will be Saturday/hair day

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Evolving78

i think i will wait to dust my ends, since i just did it a couple of weeks ago. i will wait until touch up time. i think i am not going to stretch any longer than 8 weeks this time around. if i can get my hair bone straight, then i know i will be about to make it to 10-12 weeks next time, or i might just increase a week.

i thought about going to the salon to get a touchup, but i want my hair to be a certain length and health before i go. i think i might check out my cousin or one of my friends, just so they can see how i grew my hair out on my own with my methods.

Last edited:

Melaninme

Wash day is fast approaching and I'm not sure if I want to twist or braid my hair. I don't like box braids on me that much, but they hold up better than my twists when I work out.

ChristmasCarol

When I had my hair straight I put it up in a high ponytail. It looked so fake I took it down and just wore it loose. The next time I straighten I'm going to wear my pony out somewhere no matter how fake it looks, lol.

FoxxyLocs

I started using a really, really skinny elastic for my ponytail. A fake ponytail would have to be hidden by a fat scrunchie or something and would show a sudden increase in fullness, unlike real hair. You can wear it half up/half down, with an obvious part across the back, too.

Of course, if someone thinks BW can't have long hair, they'll just figure your weave game is tight :lol:

Last edited:

Embyra

My coconut oil castor oil chocolate vanilla and honey fragrant oils are here!

Just need to get my white labcoat from the cleaners and the mixing shall commence!:spinning:

ChasingBliss

I have been using Mill Creek Biotin Condition for the past two or three condition washes with some organic honey mixed in--(mornings after sulfur/Ghe treatment). I like how this conditioner immediately makes my hair thicker and feel stronger. This is really good stuff. Wow.

Last edited:

Embyra

This coconut oil has no fragrance its not fractionated either:ohwell:ill go back to my usual brand after its done