Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

I am really liking this Komaza Care Coconut Curl Pudding (name?) for slicking back my hair. I love the shine it gives. I have yet to use it for a wash and go, but if it is a win, I'll pick up one or two during BF sales.

My hair loves Hairveda products. I gave Oyin Handmade a good run because they have fast shipping, but the products just weren't doing anything for my hair.

Trying this ORS HAIRepair. I love it already! I also tried Shea Moisture shampoo. It didnt make my hair as easy to comb through as my beloved CON Argan Oil but I lost waaaay less hair! I'll try it again. A sulfate free shampoo can't do anything bad to your hair right?

The last time I trimmed my hair was the first week in March. I wonder if I should trim it in August even though I haven't seen any split ends?

my hair has been experiencing breakage lately(the past 3ish weeks).. i trimmed and did a super hard protein (egg & hair mayo) yesterday morning, no breakage since. thank you baby jesus. i think i need to start doing that hard protein more than once a month. Starting to see that my tresses like protein more often than moisture. hmmm

Ugh. I know better than putting my braids together for an overnight DC. Tangle City. What's up with me and tangling these days. :nono:

Why is my relaxed hair slightly brown? My natural hair is black (at least it appears to look really black). My new growth is black.

I miss my hair being black. Could it be the type of relaxer I'm using? Any ideas?

pinkness27 said:
Tresseme Split Remedy makes my hair kind of hard when it dries.

I thought I read that this split remedies were glues. And they weren't permanent. If it is true that they are glues maybe that is why your hair feels hard.

Last edited:
AB200 said:
The last time I trimmed my hair was the first week in March. I wonder if I should trim it in August even though I haven't seen any split ends?

AB200 don't trim again ,you don't need to unless you want to even out your hair cut ,in that case "dust " your ends slightly.i trim only when i have split ends or damaged "crunchy " ends.

Gabrielle.A The hair lightening comes from the relaxing process breaking bonds in the hair. It's common effect from all relaxers.

Hmmm.... There are people I know with relaxed hair that looks black.... unless they dye it. Maybe I should dye my hair? But then again, I can't be bothered.
Maybe I'll just leave it. It's not too bad, just a slight brown.

Well I braided my hair up for crochet braids but am feeling to dang lazy. :shrugs: ohwell I guess i will be wigging it.

JJamiah said:
As I am - Moisture Milk and Double Butter :lick:
Ojon - :lick:

I am so in love!
Hey JJ :)
So you like them ! Yay ,i think i m gonna give the milk and conditioner a try :) ,the
Butter might be a bit heavy for me ,is it very rich?
How long you left the ojon on for?

You know it's a problem when after every time u comb your hair u have to go through the shed hairs to make sure that the roots r attached and that u have no breakage :/. I needa hide my hair soon before I go crazy, lol

Hey JJ :)
So you like them ! Yay ,i think i m gonna give the milk and conditioner a try :) ,the
Butter might be a bit heavy for me ,is it very rich?
How long you left the ojon on for?

Kindheart I do like them :yep:

Makes my hair so soft. Good thing about the butter is you can put as little or as much as you like. I use a finger swabbed amount and grease my hands together per section. and it is very moisturized.

I left the Ojon on over night. My comb just glided through my hair. I am impressed by the lack of hair that came out of my head. :yep: usually I get a ball, this time I got countable strands :grin: Nice!

I love the milk for during the week, I use the Double butter for after my initial wash for that extra moisturizing that is needed.

I really need to find a substitute for QB burdock root butter. My relaxed hair loves it but i need it to be readily accessible to me.

so didn't like the rollerset. The mold down wet set really does work for me. Think I'll redo tonight and instead of rolling it overnight, I'll just lay my hair down for the morning

Donna marie s leave in is good in terms of giving moisture(my hair is very soft) but doesn't detangle as well as it claims . I really want to love this line as i love the scent and ingredients but it just doesn't do all that much for my hair ,i like the hair Whip and the Buttercream is a great body lotion :).

Oyin berry juice makes my hair "gummy " and tangled ..*cry*

Ugh. I'm in the middle of a major detangling session. I knew better than put my twists together for an overnight DC. My twists are tangled beyond belief. I'm trying to be patient and take my time with it but, patience is not my strong point. Seriously, I think I'm making it worse.

Ah well. It's times like this that really make me regret transitioning. I never had tangling issues relaxed. Ah well.

I've been protective styling for about a year with individual braids (with extensions). I'm now finally tired of having my hair like this. I want my big hair back but I can't until mid-September. Gah.

My hair grows 1/2 " in 3 weeks , I just can't wait until my hair is in double digits then I can relax with the.length checking. Currently at 8"

I tried so Sooo hard to love that Jane Carter curl cream...I just Love the smell of it. But it does not a ghatdamned thing for my hair! :nono: my hair just feels so Gross & product coated...and it would have looked stringy and gross, had I not scrunched in some re:Coil. My hair feels like I haven't washed it in weeks! :barf:

Jane...meet the garbage bin!

MrsJaiDiva said:
I tried so Sooo hard to love that Jane Carter curl cream...I just Love the smell of it. But it does not a ghatdamned thing for my hair! :nono: my hair just feels so Gross & product coated...and it would have looked stringy and gross, had I not scrunched in some re:Coil. My hair feels like I haven't washed it in weeks! :barf:

Jane...meet the garbage bin!

I had the same experience with Jane Carter. I've tried the leave-in and the curl cream and I don't like either one.

Back