Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

candy626

Me too. It was do disgusting when my husband put the Zip-It down the drain. And I do use a hair catcher. Can't stop washing the hair though right?

What'a hair catcher? I might need one of those because even after using Drain-o this ish is still clogged!

niknakmac

Maybe in September I will get some braids. They are kind of out of budget for me this month with getting both of the girls ready for school but I can plan to put them in the budget for September. This will ensure that I go 12 weeks before my next TU. Its only week 2 and I am feeling new growth. I’m not complaining but if that’s the case I won’t make it to the beginning of October without some help. Puts braids in the September budget.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I just picked up some "Take down" to help with this major tangle. But, erm...it has Borax listed as an ingredient. I want to take out the knot, not take off my hair. Yiiiikes!
:blush:

irisak

I got weave checked today by a friend at work. The funny thing is I'm only apl and have worn weaves for a year now. I mean long 18" weaves. But she actually dug in looking for scalp lol. I just wish it looked long to me. It all looks the same from the front. I think I caught a case of hairnorexia. Damn you lhcf!!@

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

gabulldawg

I think I'm going to actually get serious about a no-heat regimen. I know that most who grow their hair super long don't use any/much heat. I'm thinking I'm going to limit myself to once a month.

Philippians413

I got my Hydroquench Systems package today! Yay! Trying to decide whether to use the coconut lime cleanser or the coconut strawberry cleanser.

Also got my shipping info from curlmart. Can't wait for this one to get here!

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I just picked up some "Take down" to help with this major tangle. But, erm...it has Borax listed as an ingredient. I want to take out the knot, not take off my hair. Yiiiikes!
:blush:

I swear that tangle hurt my heart, like it was my own hair. Just take your time, and TLC it, cause you just can't cut it!! :nono:

TheMenAllPause

Why am I never satisfied with my hair length? Wanted BSL hair...passed that and wasnt satisfied...wanted MBL I'm almost there and I'm still not content...smdh @ me.

I bought a CHI last night and it arrived today! I've only flat ironed my hair once since I began my healthy hair journey in November.... I'm so excited to try it out tonight!

Kindheart

Debating whether to straighten my hair or wear a lacefront for a wedding ..i m scared my son might pull it off :nono:

My hair is very soft and cloudy today .

Americka YES!! it's really great stuff! ,i was looking for something so deliciously creamy for my hair . Your review made me want to try this line :)

Last edited:

allmundjoi

Keep thinking about texturizing or bkt. My hair is getting more difficult to manage. *sigh* I swear I think about this every few months. Working out is great, but my hair is rebelling.

-PYT

allmundjoi is it hard balancing your medical career and hair too? lol that's a legit concern I have for the future. I kinda wanna shave it off before med school. :look: it'd be APL/BSL by my residency .... :look:

Kindheart

I m Sooooo HAPPY ,My claudie s order is here in front of me ,i tried a couple of things and they re all amazingly good! I love the packaging and the fact the jars and bottles are filled to the top The customer service was excellent, too .

Drtondalia

Gabrielle.A said:
Why is my relaxed hair slightly brown? My natural hair is black (at least it appears to look really black). My new growth is black.

I miss my hair being black. Could it be the type of relaxer I'm using? Any ideas?

It may be due to exposure to the summer sun. My daughters hair turns golden around her edges and her ends during the summer months. I used to think it was from her increased swimming and the contact her hair was getting with the chlorine everyday at camp but this year she hasn't been swimming at all and her hair still changed.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

itismehmmkay

Dang it's just 4 mths left in the year....2 inches will still make a difference in my hairstyle though, so that'll work. I want my sideburns longer, my nape longer and longer edges and bangs. My sides and crown just need to be fuller. I'll do a retouch this weekend, and will probably get it cut/trimmed w/ my next retouch.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Dang it's just 4 mths left in the year....2 inches will still make a difference in my hairstyle though, so that'll work. I want my sideburns longer, my nape longer and longer edges and bangs. My sides and crown just need to be fuller. I'll do a retouch this weekend, and will probably get it cut/trimmed w/ my next retouch.

Girl, we have 5 whole months! Plenty of time to do some awesome growing. Happy Hair Growing!!!

candy626

It may be due to exposure to the summer sun. My daughters hair turns golden around her edges and her ends during the summer months. I used to think it was from her increased swimming and the contact her hair was getting with the chlorine everyday at camp but this year she hasn't been swimming at all and her hair still changed.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

My hair always use to get reddish/light brownish in the summer, as a child. Even when I didn't swim much. In the winter it would always go back to being very dark.

faithVA

I wish this stylist would call and confirm our appointment already. I hope he doesn't cancel. I've been waiting for this and I'm ready to get it done and over with. Don't know if I can get an back-up appointment at this late notice.