Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

leiah

I found 2 split ends today. I was pretty shocked
I have one area in the back of my head that just feels different from the rest and that's where they were. I've been doing the same bun every day for a while it's time to switch up my protective styling

I'm thinking that because my hair is fine maybe protective styling can do more harm than good
but my shrunken hair sits on my shoulders I feel like I should at least wear it up until it grows past this length

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i cant wait till next month to see if sallys will be having another sale. i plan on getting the new ion bkt along with some kera pro serum. i hope the kera pro is alsmost as good as the keratese oleorelax resum because i just cannot pay the price for it. i wish there was a local one around here. i am going to have to take a bus or two just to get there. le sigh.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I am going to try it. I bought the Kenra conditioner instead. I like that its thick. It makes my hair feel so so. I really,really, really like the Taliaah Waajid conditioner. So when I do try this Silk Element out I will be comparing it to that.
@faithVA - to me, it's no comparison. Kenra all day! However, some have fantastic luck with SE Megasilk and you might be one of them, so do give it a try. I don't mix anything with my Kenra. Leave it on for a minimum of 1hr. I will be using SE how @JJamiah suggests because she :lick: SE.

Had a little outpatient procedure...got the week of of work!!!! I need my hair to grow already...
@Janet' - hope all is well.

@Myjourney2009 I don't know how long you left yours on. I use the Conditioning self heating cap and I walk around doing my house chores, I find that when I leave it on longer, THE SILKIER My hair is (I leave it on for about 2 hours). And yes it does smell delicious. :) I love it. I have one tub open and one new tub. I pray it goes on sale soon :pray:
@JJamiah, will try this conditioner after my TU next week and leave it on for the length of time you suggest to see if it will top my beloved Kenra.

Last edited:

divachyk

Wish I would have never stretched to 16 weeks last year. My hair hasn't been right since because it's underprocessed. #frustrated.with.that.decision# Since then, I've changed salons but my hair still isn't right. Hope the stylist can get it right on my next visit. I'm ready to get my hair corrected right once and for all, along with a nice trim so that I can move on with life as I once knew it -- without hair worries.

Janet'

divachyk Thanks for the well wishes, I'm coming along slowly but surely...:yep: :yep:

I'm sorry about your stretching mishap :bighug: One thing that I have certainly come to appreciate is that what works for one person's head of hair does not necessarily work for all. I just hope you can find someone to help you get your lovely tresses "back to normal".

simplyconfident

I'm currenlty at a stylists salon and I just don't know about this. I guess I'm just so use to my regular stylist ways that anyone new even touching worries me. She did have me fill out a profile sheet, assessed my hair prior to shampooing, and give me product reccomendations.... BUT I still feel like this is not going to be a match made in Hevan.

faithVA

@faithVA - to me, it's no comparison. Kenra all day! However, some have fantastic luck with SE Megasilk and you might be one of them, so do give it a try. I don't mix anything with my Kenra. Leave it on for a minimum of 1hr. I will be using SE how @JJamiah suggests because she :lick: SE.

[\QUOTE]

Thanks divachyk. For me the Taliaah Waajid tops the Kenra. I can leave it on for 30 minutes, no heat and I'm done. So I will be comparing the Silk Elements to it, if I purchase it. I believe the TW is less expensive than the Kenra & Silk Elements but not sure about the size comparison. It is the last conditioner I want to try. :yay: I can see the day of product contentment coming :lol:

Vashti

I've been falling down on oiling my hair and baggying regularly throughout the week. I need to get back on my game. My hair is drier this year than it was last year. That needs to stop.

faithVA

@divachyk Thanks for the well wishes, I'm coming along slowly but surely...:yep: :yep:

I'm sorry about your stretching mishap :bighug: One thing that I have certainly come to appreciate is that what works for one person's head of hair does not necessarily work for all. I just hope you can find someone to help you get your lovely tresses "back to normal".

You definitely have to know your hair. There are soooo many ways of doing things on this board, it can get you to spinning :spinning: I so love having access to so many different options from the women sharing on this board.

faithVA

I am so conflicted. On the one hand I am glad I don't have to do my hair this weekend. At the same time I want to shampoo, try some different products, use up some products and try some different oils. :perplexed:

I will be glad when my hair is long enough to bun. Then I will be apply to try something out, bun it without having a 3 hr styling session. :yep:

pookaloo83

I bought the Aubrey's GPB conditioner yesterday. Can't wait to try it!

I have my hair in plaits right now for a braidout. But it's so freaking hot out I don't think I'm gonna go anywhere today, So I'll just take the plaits out tomorrow when I go to work.

Mrs. N Lugo

Sighhhhhhhh I wore my hair down yesterday for the first time in like 3 months and DH went on and about how I should wear my hair down daily. All I need is 2 more inches and I will wear it down more often. I need to be a little closer to bra strap length so my braid outs will be at least armpit length.

I feel stuck between armpit and bra strap. Well at least it's healthy, but I'm sick of up do's.

Last edited:

faithVA

Sighhhhhhhh I wore my hair down yesterday for the first time in like 3 months and DH went on and about how I should wear my hair down daily. All I need is 2 more inches and I will wear it down more often. I need to be a little closer to bra strap length so my braid outs will be at least armpit length.

I feel stuck between armpit and bra strap. Well at least it's healthy, but I'm sick of up do's.

I will trade you a NL twist do for an APL updo.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
i am ticked off I went to Sallys yesterday and purchased the Ion Natures... Masque; i get it home to discover it smells like medicine YUCK!!! Also, the Silk elements leave in is to thick and does not moisturize well. I will be returning it ASAP!!!

Stick with what you know MJ darnit!!! I cant sometimes because I like trying new things in the event my beloveds are discontinued

divachyk

Confused which is the lesser of the evils for me -
Air Drying - almost always air dry; doesn't give the silky look I desire but....
Roller Setting - rarely roller set; takes way too long but love the silky look
Flat Ironing - haven't flat ironed at home in years; love the look

Some days I wonder if flat ironing would be the lesser of the evils since I lose hair either way to breakage with air drying and roller setting.

allmundjoi

I feel either my hair is straight or not, no in between. I decided to add some texture to my flatironed hair. I did a braid n curl on my root puffy, dull, 2-day old flatironed hair last pm. In order to "set" the braids I put a little aloe vera gel (Lily of the Desert) on the hair as I braided it. I really didn't know what the heck I was doing. This am I took the rollers out and the braids down and omg my jet black hair (dyed with Lush caca noir-henna/indigo) was uber shiny and soft. And the hair looked like 2 day old rollerset-very cute. I had been moisturizing my ends with HEHH and sealed with evco/evoo/castor oil and oil my scalp with emu oil/castor oil/evco. Last night I just put aloe vera jelly on my hair. I will oil and put the avj on again tonight. I wonder if you can overuse avj.

Sent from my DROIDX using DROIDX

Imani

NikkiQ What don't u like about them? I HATED my kinky twists when they were first put in and almost took them out. They usually look better once they are older. MUCH better.

Imani

I'm so tired of my hair growing in this d@mn tail/mullet thing! Its sooo annoying. My nape is a looser texture and grows really fast. And the area right above it is thin and really kinky and grows slow.

The solution is to cut it a little shorter in the back but I hate to ask stylists to do that, bc most can't take direction and will cut it wrong or too much. Sometimes I just get a family member to cut it for me. But since I rarely even wear my hair straight I'm not even going to bother for now. Maybe in the fall I will try to get it cut better.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I plain on wearing my hair out 80% of the time. It will only be up if the weather is bad or if i sweated out my roots to the point of no return

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
i feel like i'm in that between SL and APL purgatory. last flatiron job for me until after summer's over.

NikkiQ

NikkiQ What don't u like about them? I HATED my kinky twists when they were first put in and almost took them out. They usually look better once they are older. MUCH better.

After really examining the twists, I saw exactly how bad they are. Like 3 different sizes, my hair sticking out some of them, thick at the root and thin on the ends. Can we say "hot mess"?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App