Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

so...is it possible to be APL by next June? I envision myself being SL or close by December, and I'd like to know if that's possible.

Now I'm going for fluffier hair when I'm wearing my buns
I need a light gel to just smooth any flyaways
Tried the curl j less c or however you spell It lool

And I still saw white bits now where near as bad as with other stylers but I saw it

This product reacts with every bloody thing!!!

I wanted to like it so bad thankfully it doesn't leave my hair dry

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Worked 10 days straight feet bloody killing

just realised I have no conditioner!!

What is I gon do??

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Really? So you might as well fall out on the floor and scream and holler because I'm not wearing my hair out for another two months! Lol! First you say hide it so it can grow now you say I'm tired of those scarves and wigs leave your hair out? :perplexed: My big ol man child! Smh...

I let my niece put a sew in in my hair last Saturday (which I already took out) as well what I thought would be a trim. I took the sew in out and the braids down and got my feelings hurt. She literally cut my hair from APL to shoulder length.

She is a new beauty school graduate and is a little scissor happy at the moment. I nearly flipped out but I am ok now.

I washed, deep conditioned and blew my hair dry. I set it with flexi rods and flat iron my roots. I am happy to say I have a really cute layered bob at the moment. It is swinging and with fullness.

My niece will live another day....

Lissa0821, I will hold my tears for now. I know if you see your niece soon she will ask why you took the weave out. I wonder if she'll ask why YOU have it styled so short. :ohwell:

I have burned myself many times straightening my hair. Burned my cheek, forehead, top the the ear back of the neck. Well this morning I was pressing the front of my hair and burned my boob lol. I never thought that would be a possibility before. No more pressing in underwear.

Finally mastered the "done but its not done" messy style. I love it!!! I curl my hair away from my face in loose spiral curls and tie my edges down at night. As the days go by the curls get loose and less defined, super cute!

My hair is growing and I'm happy, but it seems like sometimes I make progress with my edges and sometimes I don't. Seriously considering going to a dermatologist & get the shots, but I don't want the side effects or to be dependent on those for a long times.

Decisions, decisions.....

I couldn't take having texlaxed roots anymore so I did a corrective relaxer. I don't know what I was thinking when I thought having texlaxed roots was a good idea when I wear my hair straight and work out daily. I just neutralized so now I'm steaming my hair with ORS olive oil deep conditioner + coconut oil for about 20 minutes.

I almost passed out yesterday.

After my protein treatment I braided my hair in four celies while wet. As my hair was shrinking it was pulling on my scalp giving me major headache. Similar to a tight ponytail headache but worse. I was dizzy and feeling sick. Then I thought maybe it is my hair? The relief I felt after releasing my hair from those braids was like a drink of cold water.

That bask vanilla whiskey hair restorative treatment has my curls POPPING! They are popping all over. DH was pulling on them and touching my hair.

Defined curls from root to tip. And clumping with no product. I slept with loose hair on a cotton pillowcase. And woke up with small ringlets!

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

If there was any question in my mind whether coloring the grays was the way to go, I got my answer today at the market. When I went to purchase beer for dh, I was carded.

Win!

Babied my hair. Deep conditioned. Lots of leave-in and oil and shea butter. I think my hair has forgiven me for neglecting her. Will twist it up when the kids are in bed...

My hair is so happy right now. It's smooth, shiny, soft, and has movement and I barely even used a flat iron (it was at like 40% heat). After I relaxed last night, I used some protein spray, shea butter moisturizer, oiled my scalp with JBCO, then wrapped it using some mousse.

I liked my routine before but then my products got discontinued. Then my texturizer got discontinued. I love my hair but trying to keep up with all these other people is not doing anything for me. And almost everything in some form or other was tried, leaving my hair unmanageable and damaged. So I got smarter. My best bet is to relax with lithium hydroxide because not all the curl is gone. Silicones are good for me and keep away frizz. My strands are coarse/fine...if that makes sense. BKT's and Keratin treatments/amino and cysteine treatments...hate my hair and eat it up. All these alternatives out here just equate with new damage. Since I like my hair bone straight, lithium is the way to go...with blow drying. I retain more moisture and have little to no damage. Dominican products are also my best bet. You have to get to the point that you don't follow everybody's advice...go with what you know for self.

I feel like blowing my hair out on no-low heat as I want a big 'fro tomorrow but I know I really shouldn't. Looks like I'll be top-knotting. Again.

I liked my routine before but then my products got discontinued. Then my texturizer got discontinued. I love my hair but trying to keep up with all these other people is not doing anything for me. And almost everything in some form or other was tried, leaving my hair unmanageable and damaged. So I got smarter. My best bet is to relax with lithium hydroxide because not all the curl is gone. Silicones are good for me and keep away frizz. My strands are coarse/fine...if that makes sense. BKT's and Keratin treatments/amino and cysteine treatments...hate my hair and eat it up. All these alternatives out here just equate with new damage. Since I like my hair bone straight, lithium is the way to go...with blow drying. I retain more moisture and have little to no damage. Dominican products are also my best bet. You have to get to the point that you don't follow everybody's advice...go with what you know for self.

Thank You! You are absolutely Right!

Back