Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
thanks for all the tips ladies. i'll get single braids then. my goal is to leave the braids in, whatever they are, for 3-4 months. i want 3-4 inches of growth over the fall and winter. I hope to be grazing APL by spring 2014. I don't see myself growing my hair any longer than that.

Question 2: Should I get a relaxer inbetween installs? I want to have my first install last from September -December, and then my second from December - April, so quite a bit. Do I need to relax between sets or can I go from one set to another without a break?

As for random thoughts, I have a bob developing and it's nice. I love new growth now. Curly roots mean growth yay!! I really want to be officially NL by the time I get my braids.

I don't think you should be leaving braids in for 3-4 months at a time. You'd be better off with a wig for the retention you want. Im not saying braids do not work, but I hear more horror that happy stories when it comes to braids. Most naturals I know only do braids for 2 weeks at most. Thats saying something.

I do not think you should relax between installs. You' d have to rest between installs and it doesn't seem like you want to do that.

You will have the growth, but you need to think about the retention. Good Luck!

glamazon386

I don't think you should be leaving braids in for 3-4 months at a time. You'd be better off with a wig for the retention you want. Im not saying braids do not work, but I hear more horror that happy stories when it comes to braids. Most naturals I know only do braids for 2 weeks at most. Thats saying something.

I do not think you should relax between installs. You' d have to rest between installs and it doesn't seem like you want to do that.

You will have the growth, but you need to think about the retention. Good Luck!

3 months is usually the max for braids with extensions. I know relaxed people who leave them in that long. I've never been able to get them to last that long due to frizz. Id say for most people the average is 4 to 6 or 6 to 8 weeks.

AlliCat

2 weeks in and still getting random compliments on this wig :) Today wearing loose curls in it from three huge red/burgundy flexi rods

AlliCat

This Aveda tea is everything right now. It's soo good. My co-worker says it's too strong but I disagree. The licorice root gives it sweet aftertaste. My favorite!

Now will be getting rid of my earl grey stash by doing my new found love -- tea rinses.

This is perfect :yay:

FelaShrine

Those of you who use Dabur Vatika Coconut Oil

Is it this one or the other

TIA

AlliCat

Can't believe sharmaine369 is going natural. Now her year-long "stretch" makes sense, guess she wanted to be sure before telling her subscribers. I'm excited for her and we have a lot in common so I'll be following her natural journey closely. She always shares good product reviews

shasha8685

Still can't believe that my hair was searched at the friggin airport.

I'm mad at whoever thought it was a good idea to sneak ish in their hair :nono:

PureSilver

Bye bye shampoos......hello baking soda, you're my new best friend and I really loved what you did to my hair today and how u made her feel. :love: :love: :love: baking soda for hair washes now. Can someone say staple?

Anticipatience08

Can't tell if I'm suffering from insomnia again or if I'm so excited about taking out this sew-in.

:lol:

Going back to my former stylist and I can't wait for her to help me get my hair back on the right track!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I hate my length! Its going to take at least a year before i am satisfied.:ohwell:

I'm there with you. Fortunately for me, I set myself up for that goal, so its takes away the upset factor.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

naija24

I hate my length! Its going to take at least a year before i am satisfied.:ohwell:

Whenever I get frustrated by my length, I set a more reasonable goal. So, I'm aiming for SL by December. That's 6 months away. Instead, I aim for like....neck length. I think we should develop midway length goals, like that bra that has 1/2 cup sizes!

Lissa0821

I feel like relaxing at 8 weeks instead of my usual 12 to 16 weeks, just don't feel like dealing with the two textures at this time.

Blessed&higlyflavoured

I'm there with you. Fortunately for me, I set myself up for that goal, so its takes away the upset factor.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

I wish the front and top of my hair was the same length as the back. The back is sl/cbl but the front is el. so that means to reach my short term goal of full cbl i have to wait until next year. i don't even want to think of a date but its looking like another 9-12 months

boooo

hnntrr

Got my hair cut again to get off all the relaxed ends I missed. Hair is back to feeling hard and dry ugh. Hair what are you doing. Being natural is arg, its so dry and thickkkk.

Kimmy1978

I've been trying to transition without BC'ing, but I'm tired of this mess!! Especially since I workout a lot now. I'm getting it cut off and getting some braids next weekend...... So sick of detangling relaxed ends! I won't miss them. I'm excited since I haven't been natural since I was about 14 or 15.

FelaShrine

Might have to do away with her blog.

It's always great when bloggers respond to their readers esp when they ask them product quetsions or tips. Instead of ignoring the real questions for the "nice hair" comments. How many times can you say Thank You when there are better comments to attend to. 4 people asked questions on this and that, complete ignore. #Lame.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Whenever I get frustrated by my length, I set a more reasonable goal. So, I'm aiming for SL by December. That's 6 months away. Instead, I aim for like....neck length. I think we should develop midway length goals, like that bra that has 1/2 cup sizes!

I think my goal right now is to be SL by December. i can't wait till I hit APL. that was my favorite length.

naija24

I think my goal right now is to be SL by December. i can't wait till I hit APL. that was my favorite length.

Do you want to be SL stretched or unstretched? I saw your blog and your hair looks like it may already be grazing SL if you pulled it down.

Anticipatience08

Sew-in is back in!

But I can't believe how much damage my old stylist allowed to happen....especially since she's my friend and bridesmaid! :cry2:

Got a lot of work to do to fix my edges and the breakage I experienced. At least I'm back in good hands and *very* close to my first goal of APL!