Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I wish the front and top of my hair was the same length as the back. The back is sl/cbl but the front is el. so that means to reach my short term goal of full cbl i have to wait until next year. i don't even want to think of a date but its looking like another 9-12 months

boooo

Well, the front of my hair is a little below APL while the back is BSL. I'm not saying I love it, but I'm not playing catch up until I reach my short term goal in December. Why not just try to grow it out and figure it out later? If you continue on tag path, you might become stuck in rut. Once it grows out, you will not even notice it or it won't seem like the goal is taking forever.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Do you sleep on that side? My right grows slower that the left because I sleep on it more.

Still can't believe that my hair was searched at the friggin airport.

I'm mad at whoever thought it was a good idea to sneak ish in their hair :nono:

Oops Saludable84, I didn't see this message until now (sorry). Yes, I'm right side dominant on everything except talking on the phone. My right side edges are thinner than the left and I know it's because of this very reason. I try my best to sleep on the left but end back up on the right before the night is over.

shasha8685, don't be upset lady. Your hair is gorgeous and they are just trying to ensure safety. Heck, they might have wanted to admire you up closely. (smile) My hair is searched almost every time I travel. There was only one time that I became annoyed but that was before I started caring for my hair -- I had a phony pony updo and was very afraid they were gonna make me take my pony out. I quickly got over it because honestly, I prefer them to check and we remain safe. Just trying to bring cheer to you my dear. Hope it helped. :blowkiss:

MsDee14

Contemplating whether to put my hair in kinky twists this weekend or next.
I know I'll miss my hair when in them, so maybe I'll just do it next wknd.
Can't wait to see the growth I get after 6 weeks. But I also plan on doing a minor trim once removing them.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Truly, the way you treat people will show up in your life and all that you do. Bless and be blessed. Mistreat and see what happens.

Oh, hair. That makes this a random hair thought.

Tonto

Got this henna on my hair since 11 am... it's 6 pm. I can't rinse it out today though, too tired. I will do it tomorrow morning

FelaShrine

Girls how long does it take Shescentit to send out shipping receipt? (never used them before..)

Last edited:

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Meritamen, have you tried detangling spray? Or moisturizing your new growth directly with water, oil, and leave-in in a spray bottle? Misting your growth directly with either of these could help...
Detangling spray seems to make my hair feel dirty faster but I do moisturize my hair regularly with water, oils, and leave-ins. I'm going to try a cellophane and see how that works.

naija24

It took 7 months....but my hair finally reaches the top of my blazer collars. Sounds like nothing but it's amazing considering I was near bald this winter. However, I feel like this is a sign that I need to double down on retention.

May get myself braids next weekend. I reeeeeeally do not want to lose my length.

spellinto

Using flexi rods to style my hair tomorrow to see my boyfriend. I haven't really used them before (other than just experimenting) so I hope the waves look good and last all weekend when we go out!

freckledface

WHY did the lady working at the BSS tell this girl to get the relaxer out of her head (to go natural) to put eggs in her hair. I was like REALLY! LOL

Tonto

Rinsed my henna out like a boss. Put some hair dew and gel. My hair will tell me if it was a bad idea the day of my next wash...

OhmyKimB

I would learn a better way to do my braids after they all are in. Whatever I'll just do them again in 2 weeks. I only pay for my own aggravation..not someone else's

Should of got that GS3...

Sameera

Went to Sally's to get a brush and saw a guy (Latino if you're wondering) standing in the aisle brushing his hair with one those scalp massagers. He had dandruff so bad you could clearly see the flakes sitting in his hair and they were flying all over the place. Then when he's finished, he puts the scalp massager right back in the bin! I was so disgusted! I went and told the cashier and she came and got it and threw it in the trash.

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Why does hair have to be the garbage dump of the body??? Why does does hair growth have to be running on CP time? Why is being patient so damn hard???

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

HanaKuroi

Sameera said:
Went to Sally's to get a brush and saw a guy (Latino of you're wondering) standing in the aisle brushing his hair with one those scalp massagers. He had dandruff so bad you could clearly see the flakes sitting in his hair and they were flying all over the place. Then when he's finished, he puts the scalp massager right back in the bin! I was so disgusted! I went and told the cashier and she came and got it and threw it in the trash.

I SCREAMED OUT! Ahhhhhhhh!

What kind of sicko is he? Gross! :barf:

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

ms.blue

Put too much olive oil ecostyler gel and now my twist out is a dry crunchy mess. I have to find another holding product without the nasty crunch.

workinprogress1

My manager always telling me her daughter hair so long and she know so much about hair and I need to try this whatever. What is she trying to say? My hair soft and moist and in a protective style.

I wanna say I'm on long hair care forum too. I got my reggie down. I'm APL striving for BSL by my birthday and WL by time I graduate. I DC every two weeks with AOHSR, moisturize and seal daily and oil my scalp every night with an essential oil mix.

So who's mama is this ?

NaiyaAi

Found a great comb that I LOVE ( :love::love2::love3::love4::love5::heart: )for only 99 cents.

Finally mastered airdrying my hair.

Kinda feeling like a boss right now. :yep:

naija24

from my nape to APL is nine inches roughly, so I have 7 inches to go!

Also, I've been debating whether this 10 month stretch I'm planning to do is a stretch or just a transition to natural...I can't really decide. I'll make up my mind in April.

winona

I can not believe it is finally time to take my NCLEX. Im super excited to become a nurse but super nervous to be taking the test on Tuesday.

Hummm...I need to pick up some pine tar to make a scalp concoction with aloe vera black castor oil:)

Yep that is an awesome way to relax.

Hyacinthe

WHY did the lady working at the BSS tell this girl to get the relaxer out of her head (to go natural) to put eggs in her hair. I was like REALLY! LOL

This reminds me off my Island ppl,they say put a egg in your hair for EVERYTHING! LOL!

sent from IPad using LHCF app. POW!