Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Anticipatience08

I'm newly natural, and I need to figure out how to work with it! Got caught in a downpour and my natural leave-out hair got drenched...now I can't figure out how to straighten it so it'll blend in with my sew-in. May need to pick some super curly/kinky hair next time around so it won't even matter LOL

ChannieBoo3

I get so frustrated talking to my mom about hair .. She is so dead set on grease and oil being the only moisturizers for our hair . Being on this forum had taught me a lot , but sharing this information with others is next to impossible . I just pray my hair grows long enough that I can be living proof that black women can have fairy tale lengths like waist length and even classic !

naija24

finally got my braids installed. I got Senegalese twists. I don't plan to see my hair again until the beginning of October at the EARLIEST. I hope to get braids installed 3 times (every 3 months) until April when I'll either decide to go natural or get a relaxer touch up.

I'll get my hair straightened that week to see if I care to get a relaxer.

Mz.MoMo5235

That awkward moment when you're hanging out in the super long length threads with your short arsed hair giving advise lmao. Like the old heads know where I'm coming from but I'm sure the newbies are like "***** you got that >< much hair and you gonna speak?"

I swear I know what I'm doing. But I know it looks crazy to some of the newbies here

PennyK

That awkward moment when you're hanging out in the super long length threads with your short arsed hair giving advise lmao. Like the old heads know where I'm coming from but I'm sure the newbies are like "***** you got that >< much hair and you gonna speak?"

I swear I know what I'm doing. But I know it looks crazy to some of the newbies here

@Ms.MoMo5235, I know you know what you're doing. When I used to lurk, your name was one I always so all the time along with the few others :lol:

Mz.MoMo5235

@Ms.MoMo5235, I know you know what you're doing. When I used to lurk, your name was one I always so all the time along with the few others :lol:

Aaww thanks :yay:

I forget that some people do remember me from back in the day. But ever since I shaved off my hair I feel hesitant to give advise cause I know IRL I get the side eye lol but I've felt it here too a bit. Not often. Not enough to call people out. But then I remember since I cut we've gotten so many new people. So looking from their side I can see why they would side eye my advise lol

nerdography

I realized that my hair loves lanolin and mineral oil for moisturizers. I cut them out when I went natural because everyone was saying they were bad. When I was relaxed my hair was super healthy, that's because I was using products with these ingredients.

I applied Elasta QP Oilve and Mango Butter to my hair and nothing else. Woke up this morning hair is still soft and moist. Even the patch of hair that stays rough and painfully dry is soft and moisturized.

FelaShrine

Loved using Dabur vatika as a pre-poo, I wasx expecting a horrible stroing smell but it reall wasnt bad at all. really softened my hair and its blinging. love it!

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Some dude just walked by with a BSL beard. I wonder what it would look like if he relaxed it? :look: :lol:

I need help! :blush:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Mz.MoMo5235, I think it's awesome that you shaved your head to support your friend with cancer. Cutting off WHIP length hair, that's a friend! Your albums are great! How long do you think it will take to get back to where you were?

nerdography

I going to the salon this weekend for a consultation. I want my natural hair relaxed; and if possible I wanted to get my telaxed hair relaxed too. I'm not sure how that going to work it might have to be cut off and I'm okay with that.I've gotten to the point that I'm tired on long hair. It was nice while it last, but I'm looking for something new.

I've found anything longer than BSL I don't like having to deal with. It takes to long to wash, dry, and style.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
My coworker asked me if there was anything in my bun; that's she'd been looking at it all day and wondered. She said you don't find relaxed girls with hair like mine. She was so amazed. It's moments like that which make my efforts worth it!

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Mz.MoMo5235

@Mz.MoMo5235, I think it's awesome that you shaved your head to support your friend with cancer. Cutting off WHIP length hair, that's a friend! Your albums are great! How long do you think it will take to get back to where you were?

@MileHighDiva Thank you for the kind words :)

Lets see, it has taken me about 12 mos to go from shaved to SL'ish. I might make APL by Nov...So I'm thinking BSL will be hit around the beginning of '14 (like with in the 1st 3 mos?) and then I know it takes me 2-3mos from BSL to mid back, then another 2-3mos from mid to WL (of course this is all if my hair grows at the same rate it did back when I made these lengths org) and then from WL to whip it takes me 6 months (that's the hardest for me to get to because the hair on the end is so old and fragile that I trim more often than I usually would)....

So If I did the math right I should be back there around the beginning of 2015??? DANG THAT'S FAR!!! I would say for sure by my 3rd anniversary I should be there for certain :yep: (of course assuming I have zero set backs and dont get scissor happy)

winona

Hummmm I wonder when phyto will have another sale because I need some more of that serum in my life. My ends look so yummy. I will definitely stock up this time.

MrsMe

I did it! :yay: I am done combing out my locs! :yay: Now it's time to baby my born-again 'fro!!!

Sent from my iPad...excuse the typos.

myronnie

UGH. My scalp is itchy..I co-washed with As I am Coconut Cowash and DC'ed with Kizuri Cocoa Vanilla and my hair is SO moisturized..but my scalp just doesn't feel right :( I probably needed a shampoo.

Hyacinthe

Hair is prepped n ready for my tu on Sunday. Used silicon mix Bambu after my protein treatment,that stuff is so good to my hair. My hair felt so soft n fluffy.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using LHCF

Ogoma

Took down my french braids to cowash, but my hair is looking oh so shiny and oh so soft.

Lush Fair Trade Honey Shampoo and a protein treatment 1x a month has been added permanently to my regimen.

Last edited: